• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Paul Stulac Cigars?

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I received an email this morning and was intrigued by the Miami connection that we know has some fine cigars coming from that area over the years. I did a search here on CP and saw a few references to them, but nothing definitive as to how they taste or a review of one of the blends. I never heard of them before today....anyone here smoked one of them? 

If so, how are they?....any opinion or comparison to a similar stick?

LINK

I got the same mail and wondered the same thing.  Why do I keep hearing the little inner voice saying "....these are re-branded Perdomo sticks, pay no attention....".... :laugh:

I've had the original Angel. Pretty nice smoke. My local shop stocks the full line.

I tried the "Red Screaming Sun" and wasn't real impressed with it, almost had a stale flavor.  But that could have just been a bad stick.  I have also had the "Skull", and I was very impressed with it.

I chatted with Paul last night, he's going to join and prob answer any questions you guys might have. Fwiw I enjoy most of his line.

Backslide said:
I chatted with Paul last night, he's going to join and prob answer any questions you guys might have. Fwiw I enjoy most of his line.

...that should do it!

Thanks Jason. 

ironpeddler said:
I received an email this morning and was intrigued by the Miami connection that we know has some fine cigars coming from that area over the years. I did a search here on CP and saw a few references to them, but nothing definitive as to how they taste or a review of one of the blends. I never heard of them before today....anyone here smoked one of them? 

If so, how are they?....any opinion or comparison to a similar stick?

LINK

Hey fellow botl!

Thank you for your interest in our cigars. We are NOT a rebranded line of anybody else, but our own company altogether! We have been in the business for a few years and currently offer 4 different sticks. Our classic line consists of the Ghost, Phantom, Angel, Skull, Cross, and Lord, which are different vitolas of the same blend. Next is the new line which has the Black Midnight Fire, Red Screaming Sun, and White Blinding Light. All very different cigars with very different flavour profiles. Our cigars are rolled in Miami by Guillermo Pena. Please take a moment to watch this video which will tell you quite a bit about where we've come from!

http://vimeo.com/70140917

Excellent to see you on here, Paul. It's great when any producer of any good takes to the front line to interact with their consumer. As I said above, I've had the Angel, which was a very nice smoke, and hope to try the newer lines in the near future.

Paul - greetings from a CP member and I hope you can discern that my smart ass comment was just that.....and no slight intended to you or your company.

If I may offer a suggestion - you may have already but if not, you should put together a sampler of your smokes and make it available to the CP membership.  Not looking for a 'smoking deal' on your sticks, but rather a nicely put together sampler that shows off your best sticks.  I'd buy one, count on it.  Only a suggestion, hope it gives you some food for thought.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
Paul - greetings from a CP member and I hope you can discern that my smart ass comment was just that.....and no slight intended to you or your company.

If I may offer a suggestion - you may have already but if not, you should put together a sampler of your smokes and make it available to the CP membership.  Not looking for a 'smoking deal' on your sticks, but rather a nicely put together sampler that shows off your best sticks.  I'd buy one, count on it.  Only a suggestion, hope it gives you some food for thought.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

x2  :thumbs:

Paul - Welcome to CP.

You can take it a step further, and send out some samples to a certain number of members (first 20 to sign up or something), and ask that they post a review of your cigars on CP.  This will certainly help spread the word about your cigars!

Rod

There's a retailer in PA that always try to sell me these. I haven't purchased, but I think I'll pick up a few next time I'm in.

thefatguy said:
There's a retailer in PA that always try to sell me these. I haven't purchased, but I think I'll pick up a few next time I'm in.
You totally should. Hopefully Paul can set up a sampler pack deal for forum membership. As said before it's a great way to win over new fans that will be customers for years to come.

Jason

I'm always up for trying something new. Especially, from a manufacturer that takes their time to talk to the forum members about his product.

Paul's stuff is top notch. We hosted him for an event in Wichita and he is a down to earth and very real person. 

BlindedByScience said:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

No offence taken at all! Your suggestion is a good one for sure, but one of our large online retailers actually has a 5-pack sampler that is available at a great rate already. We have sent many people there that have purchased the pack and have been absolutely delighted. We strongly support local B&M and would love for you to check in with your local shops and if they don't have them, then request them, but until then they are available easily from pipesandcigars.com (http://pipesandcigars.com/safatopast.html#.UnEQw5RgYUI).

thefatguy said:

That's great to hear that they are pushing them. Please give it a try the next time you are in!

Thank you all for your interest and I hope that we can help turn it into support! Cheers,

I have not heard of this brand before, but will definitely give them a try.

Just found one of these in my singles drawer.
Never heard of it, and found this really really old and decrepit thread.
While it certainly isn't a Cuban, it's not terrible. No idea how old it is, but it is smoking pretty smooth with just a bit of peppery spice.

IMG_20190223_162221.jpg