• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Peach Moonshine

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Coming off the success of my Apple Pie Moonshine, I figured I'd try another version of this stuff. When I read up on all the various recipes about how to make all the different flavors of this concoction...and from a buddy of mine who was just in Tennessee on vacation and stopped by a little town having a "Summer Moonshine Celebration"...it turns out the most popular flavor of them all is the peach version. So I figured I'd give this one a shot.

I checked out quite a few different recipes and couldn't see one that made sense to me. Most of them included adding peach schnapps at both the cooking stage and the final stage when you add the liquor once it's all cooled off. To me that seemed like cheating the concept by adding a peach flavored liquor.

This was my line of thinking regarding the peach flavor. If so many recipes called for the peach schnapps to be added in, they must be doing that to infuse this with more peach flavor. Again, I'm not a schnapps guy and didn't think that was true to the concept of adding natural ingredients to make this. So to compensate for the lack of the schnapps flavoring, I added more canned peaches in the beginning...along with the syrup of that 3rd can...all in an effort to get more peach flavor into the batch.

So I combined 3 different recipes I found on the Internet to make my batch.

Ingredients:

(2) 64oz. bottles of white grape peach juice. (What a bitch to find! Four grocery stores later with no luck, I found it at Walmart)

(3) 29oz. cans of sliced peaches

1 1/2 cups of brown sugar

1 1/2 cups of white sugar

(4) cinnamon sticks

a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg

(1) 750ml bottle of Everclear

In the pot I added the 2 bottles of white grape/peach juice, the complete contents of 2 cans of sliced peaches along with just the heavy syrup of the third can....I saved the peaches out of that third can to add to the jars of the finished product. I got that warm and then added the sugars, cinnamon sticks, and the spices. I finally got it to a boil and then let it simmer, covered, for an hour. Once done, I left the cover on and let it sit on the stove until the following morning to cool off completely.

IMG_6234.JPG

IMG_6235.JPG

The next morning, I started by getting out another clean pot and strained the whole batch to separate the peaches and cinnamon sticks out. Then I put those cooked peaches in a bowl and periodically poured out the liquid that settled out of them and put that liquid back into the pot....once completely drained of all the liquid, I threw them away because they were all cooked out and looked too soft like baby food.

IMG_6238.JPG

After that, I rinsed out the strainer and lined it with some cheese cloth and strained the pulp out back into the original (rinsed) pot to get it a bit more clear.

At that point I added the Everclear to the pot and gave it a good stir. In trying to figure out the yield, I decided to buy a 12 count case of pint sized (16oz) Ball jars to bottle it and that worked out perfectly as I only had a little bit left over. I cleaned out the jars, put 3 canned peach slices in each jar that I had left over from that third can, and ladled in the mixture.

This is what I wound up with, 12 pint sized jars. The little I have left over, I put in a quart sized Ball jar and added just the peaches of a 15oz. can...no juice. I figured I'd have the large jar so we can eat more liquor infused peaches. From what I've read, they say this gets better with some some age on them...say 2-6 weeks.

IMG_6243.JPG

Again, this takes hardly any time to complete in each of the two preparation sessions and the results are great. I'll let you guys know how it turns out in a few weeks. I tasted it when I was bottling it this morning and it was pretty good...a nice departure from the Apple Pie flavor. Now on to another batch of the Apple Pie version this morning now that I have everything out, that last batch went very quickly!

Enjoy fellas... ;)

Last edited:
Addy in profile! Damn! Damn! Damn! That looks awesome!

bfreebern said:
Can you put it over ice cream?

As is commensurate with your lifestyle, you can most assuredly put it over any object or organ of your choosing. 
jfields said:
Addy in profile! Damn! Damn! Damn! That looks awesome!

My son Anthony & I sampled it yesterday and it is REALLY good John.  :thumbs:

Usnaconsole2.jpg

Wait for the "Cherry Pie".  Oh no, here we go again! :whistling:

broblues said:
Wait for the "Cherry Pie". Oh no, here we go again! :whistling:
Not sure about the cherry version. I had it and it wasn't as good as I had hoped.

Last edited: