• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perdoma Edicion de Silvio Robusto

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I don't do many reviews as I'm not very good at them and well, let's face it, I'm basically lazy :D This one deserves a mention though.

Not sure I would call this a Robusto myself as it's 54 ring dwarves the 50 ring Robustos I'm used to smoking. I'm not a fan of 52+ ring parejos generally speaking but I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time. When I was recently gifted two of these by a very generous brother I couldn't resist firing one up. The EDS did not disappoint. I was almost astonished at how smooth it was, especially for such a full bodied smoke. An aged Opus X comes to mind. I'm also not a fan of a lot of spice or pepper and this stick exhibited none of these flavors at all. Smoke volume, burn and draw were all near perfect as one might expect from such a high end cigar. My only complaint was it kept wanting to go out on me and at one point I did have to re-light. However, I was flapping my jaw pretty good so my inattentiveness may have been a contributing factor. All in all a phenominal smoke. The best NC I've had in a long time. Kudos to Nick Perdoma and company and thanks to the fine brother who gifted me these amazing cigars.

Nice review, Craig. :thumbs:

I assume that you smoke the natural wrapped version? I found that of the entire line (natural, Cameroon, maduro), I enjoy the Cameroon-wrapped the best. Very nice flavor. As for Perdomo in general, the construction on their cigars has improved vastly over the past 18 months to 2 years. I just wish the EDS weren't so darned expensive. I'd smoke them much more often if they were priced in line with the Padron 1964 line.

Wow nothing at all in comparison with my experience with the same cigar.

Maybe mine was a dud or they have tweaked the mix in the last year or so. Nice review maybe I need to visit this cigar one more time.

cigardawg said:
Nice review, Craig. :thumbs:

I just wish the EDS weren't so darned expensive. I'd smoke them much more often if they were priced in line with the Padron 1964 line.
[snapback]298935[/snapback]​

I 2nd that!

I've tried a couple of these and not like any of them. All different sizes...

I wouldn't mind trying the maduro or cammie wrapped, but I'd wait till I say them on sale. :thumbs:

KayakinBoy said:
I've tried a couple of these and not like any of them. All different sizes...

I wouldn't mind trying the maduro or cammie wrapped, but I'd wait till I say them on sale. :thumbs:
[snapback]298943[/snapback]​

In talking with the folks at the booth last year in New Orleans, they did tweak the blend a bit in the original.

Funny you say that about "being on sale." Like I said, the EDS is a very nice cigar. However, there is no "selling point" to place these at $20 and up. Yes, the Cameroon wrapped version uses some of the best wrapper available. OK, so do a few other cigars out there (of course, on second thought, they are over-priced too :p ). I think alot of Perdomo's pricing comes from the freaking packaging. However, I plan on raising this with them in Vegas this year. My guy in Charlottesville has to put these on sale to get them to move. He is selling these $20 cigars for $15 and then finally $10-$12 to move them out of the humidor. :(

cigardawg said:
He is selling these $20 cigars for $15 and then finally $10-$12 to move them out of the humidor. :(
[snapback]298947[/snapback]​

I'd be willing to take two for 20 dollars :whistling:

The one EDS i had was amazing and im sure it came form your shop CD as i was gifted it by MrJingles. Great review lucasbuck, your not so bad as you thought.

If those prices get that low again CD lmk i might be sending you some money.....

Wurm said:
cigardawg said:
He is selling these $20 cigars for $15 and then finally $10-$12 to move them out of the humidor. :(
[snapback]298947[/snapback]​

I'd be willing to take two for 20 dollars :whistling:
[snapback]298950[/snapback]​

Drew_Moberly said:
The one EDS i had was amazing and im sure it came form your shop CD as i was gifted it by MrJingles. Great review lucasbuck, your not so bad as you thought.

If those prices get that low again CD lmk i might be sending you some money.....
[snapback]298956[/snapback]​

He has them at $15 right now. He only has the Cameroons and the maduros. If he lowers them again, I'll let both of you guys know.

cigardawg said:
I assume that you smoke the natural wrapped version?
[snapback]298935[/snapback]​

Correct. I would have mentioned that as I like to be specific but I didn't even realize these came in other wrappers. Shows what I know! Thanks Scot.

I've enjoyed the naturals but I agree thay are over priced. Personally I prefer the maduro EDS.

lucasbuck said:
I don't do many reviews as I'm not very good at them and well, let's face it, I'm basically lazy :D This one deserves a mention though.
[snapback]298928[/snapback]​

So true what you say Craig I'm guilty of "not being a good reviewer" (read lazy ass :p ) as well. Good to see that you enjoy this so much to entice you to write up quite a nice review.

FWIW I never had any Perdomos mainly due to their unjustifiable pricing for what their offering. Basically there was plenty of IMO "better" options that won out in the end. I guess there is always time to check one out although I can't say I'm sold on it yet.

Gentlemen:

Help me out here a bit. Does the Perdomo EDS come in a Cameroon wrapper too ? I read the posts but was not sure if the mentioned wrapper in Cameroon was for the EDS in particular or other line of Perdomo.

andrewhac said:
Gentlemen:

Help me out here a bit. Does the Perdomo EDS come in a Cameroon wrapper too ? I read the posts but was not sure if the mentioned wrapper in Cameroon was for the EDS in particular or other line of Perdomo.
[snapback]299121[/snapback]​

The Edicion de Silvio comes in three wrappers.

1) The original natural wrapper. I believe it is a Nicaraguan leaf, but I could be wrong.

2) The new (for 2005) maduro. I believe it is also a Nicaraguan leaf.

3) The new (for 2005) Cameroon. It is available in only two sizes. The Grovey and the Keene (or something like that). The Cameroon is Grade AA and is aged 12 years (at least I believe that the speil that I got).

Perdomo has also replaced the Estate Reserve with the Estate Seleccion Vintage (ESV). This cigar is also available in natural, maduro, and Cameroon. The natural and maduro come in, I believe, 5 vitolas. The Cameroon only come in two and are offered in tubes. I like these almost as much as the Cameroon wrapped EDS and they are a little cheaper.

Hope that helps.

Of the few EDS' I've tried, have loved every one! Def. one of my favorite domestic cigars. [tho I wish they were a tad more affordable]

I tried the maduro one time. Picked it up from the RTDA in the summer and smoked it for New Years. It was def. a great smoke, but I think I pref. the orig. wrapper a little more.

Wow,

How very nice to read one of your reviews Craig. I've been curious about the EDS but the cost just plain put me off. I do know two guys who bought complete 50-count chests of the Robusto though. That's better than $1,000 each!

Wilkey