• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perdomo Edicion De Silvio info needed

puffnstuff

altruistic pervert
just looking for msrp's on the various vitolas, and maybe a source that has them on-hand for decent prices.

also, for anybody who's had the pleasure of trying more than one vitola, or, better yet, all 3 (or 4!) of them, which one do you recommend and why?

puffnstuff said:
just looking for msrp's on the various vitolas, and maybe a source that has them on-hand for decent prices.

also, for anybody who's had the pleasure of trying more than one vitola, or, better yet, all 3 (or 4!) of them, which one do you recommend and why?
[snapback]162189[/snapback]​

hmmmmmm...i have had the robusto and the torp. it seems to me that they are the same blend. as far as who has them i don't know that anyone does. call up atlantic cigars and see if they do. if not they may be able to put you on the waiting list for when they come in.

they charge MSRP, or very close, last time that i used them.

barney

Over on CW, it seemed that TheGipper was getting the EDS for some great prices. He was selling them at great prices too.

I also recently snagged a 3 pack of the robustos on cigarbid.com for $31

Last time I checked, a couple months ago, cigars international had edicion de silvio in stock.

puffnstuff said:

[snapback]162189[/snapback]​

I personally prefer the torpedos -- just in my experience, I have had more exceptional smoking experiences from that vitola than the others. It's odd, some of them are incredibly good, and worth the premium... others are simply good smokes, but not anything special.

Leaves me scratching my head -- I guess it could be a sick period, or perhaps just not all of them get the magic fairy dust. :)

My advice would be to try the Robustos -- they are the least expensive, and you can see if they suit your tastes.

excellent.
thanks for all the help, guys.

thanks for the heads-up on inconsistency, moki. I've sorta allowed myself to get swept off my feet just by the site of the beautiful, elaborate packaging (and of course reading favorable reviews never hurts pique my interest).
maybe I shouldn't dive in head-first by splurging on an entire box, just yet.

here's to hoping I get some with that magic fairy dust, though! :)

I just got 3 of the double coronas for $37 on c-bid
They are still in the humi so I haven't tasted them yet

Bill

wam79 said:
I just got 3 of the double coronas for $37 on c-bid
[snapback]162235[/snapback]​

fookin' 'ell! that's a great deal.
congrats on the score, bill.

I guess I've kept my distance from c-bid because I've been worried that I'd go on a never-ending shopping spree.
might well be time to take the plunge...

puffnstuff said:
I guess I've kept my distance from c-bid because I've been worried that I'd go on a never-ending shopping spree.

Look out, you will! I got my 3 pack of EDS robustos for $31, and then I figured I bid on a few more since I had to pay for shipping anyway. $190 later I had a little over a box worth of Gurkhas, a box of 5 Vegas, and half a box of Padillas. I think I did all right, but now I have to burry the credit records :laugh:

MonkeyK said:
puffnstuff said:

Look out, you will! I got my 3 pack of EDS robustos for $31, and then I figured I bid on a few more since I had to pay for shipping anyway. $190 later I had a little over a box worth of Gurkhas, a box of 5 Vegas, and half a box of Padillas. I think I did all right, but now I have to burry the credit records :laugh:
[snapback]162243[/snapback]​
:laugh:
I see what you mean, MonkeyK!
(by the way, congrats to you, too, for your eds score! jeez!)

I can see that this is unfolding into a classic "misery loves company" story, with you guys pushing me into the c-bid trap! :p

trying...to...fight...the...urge!

I tried a DC today and it didn't floor me like a PAM would. But then again my sinuses are messed up and taste is off. I'll try one again in the spring/summer to make sure it wasn't me. But definitely try the cigar so you can mark it off your list

I had a torp that I got in a trade with s0ber that was just spectacular. Very complex, creamy, nutty smoke.

Hard to justify any $25 smoke, but this was a great one.

Now a DC for $10 and change, that's a deal.

half full monty said:
Very complex, creamy, nutty smoke.
[snapback]162268[/snapback]​

see? those are the mouthwateringly-enticing adjectives that make 'em irresistible!

if I was guaranteed that consistently, I can find the nerve to fork out even $25 for special-occasion smokes.

...waiting for a guarantee... :whistling:
:p

I've been lucky enough to have tried all 4 and I thought the double corona was the best followed closely by the torp....close enough to call it a tie really. The robusto and salamon were just good smokes not anything to get excited about especially at the price of the Salomon. JMHO

AVB said:
I've been lucky enough to have tried all 4 and I thought the double corona was the best followed closely by the torp....close enough to call it a tie really.
[snapback]162273[/snapback]​
sounds like the torpedo is getting enough nods from you more-experienced folk to convince me to go give those a try.
though, I doubt I'd kick any of the other vitolas out of bed. :p

(yes, I sleep with my cigars) :p

AVB said:
The robusto and salamon were just good smokes not anything to get excited about especially at the price of the Salomon. JMHO
[snapback]162273[/snapback]​

Guess it'll have to stay in that purrdy box...... ???

The girlfriend just ordered two Salomon en Cedros' for me for v-day tonight lol. Can't wait!