• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pete Johnson announces special November release of The Antidote

To top it all off, the fuggin cigar isn't that good this year. It certainly doesn't stack up the Frank, Blacks, East/West coast, Reservas, T110, Cohete.....(Yes, I have tracked down at least one of each). His marketing has worked on me in the past, but with each new limited release I grow more disenchanted with them. Give me a Tat brown label, or a Pepin blue label and I'm perfectly happy.

Yep. I don't know, I don't buy into all of the hype. Grant it, Pepin makes a fine cigar, but I just don't get it. I see numerous threads everyday about Tat LE cigars, and how everyone is trying to get in on the limited edition marketing hype. Like you said, great cigars, but it's amazing how much buzz is made about them. I'll stick to the usual non-limited edition tat's. I just don't understand the major attraction to the LE's. This is worse than the Opus attraction! :laugh:

This marketing genius is appealing to the "Keeping up with the Jonese's" mentality in a lot of us. Some never really stop to think if the product is really worth it or not. They just want to be one of the few on their block, or internet forum to have scored a box. Ego's and bragging rights are just a few examples of the many ways we're wired whether we realize it or not.

I like what Soulpuppy had to say. Pete Johnson has some really good cigars on the market, and I think he's a really nice guy. Make no mistake about it though, he's not here to enrich cigar culture. He's a businessman who's passionate about what he does, but he also wants to make a name for himself and hopefully, a shitload of money in the process.
I don't blame him one bit!

Before you get the Antidote you have to drink the Kool-Aid!

-Rob