• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pete Johnson announces special November release of The Antidote

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
Set to be released to the same vendors that are carrying the Dracs and the Boris, 'The Antidote' is a cigar unlike any other. The binder and wrapper are applied using a medicine that will cure any health problems associated with smoking varnish and/or paint. Make sure you call your locals now to get on the list; production, as usual, will be extremely limited.

Very nice :laugh: No doubt. These coffins reek. With a year to produce them, you'd think the paint would dry and they would have been aired out :whistling:

goldpaintguy.jpg

I am waiting in extreme anticipation for this release. Because of my inability to control myself, I continually purchase and consumed paint-based products. I just hope this release is not delayed because of some unforeseeable manufacturing deadline like such as the assembly of vessels in which to transport the Antidote.

Karma is a bitch on this one...

Boy this greed thing can be kind of funny.

Good thread, haha

Here's to hoping that all the funky smells will go away. :thumbs:

Talk about a pro at marketing. Sure are a ton of limited release cigars coming out all at once. :rolleyes:

Talk about a pro at marketing. Sure are a ton of limited release cigars coming out all at once. :rolleyes:

You know, I was thinking the same thing. It seems like all Pete's cigars are limited production or very hard to acquire now. It definitely works, and it justifies the hefty price tag for a lot of people. Not that they are not good cigars, I just don't necessarily feel they live up the rarity, hype, and price. Like you said, good marketing.

EDIT: Forgot to say, good thread :p

Yep. I don't know, I don't buy into all of the hype. Grant it, Pepin makes a fine cigar, but I just don't get it. I see numerous threads everyday about Tat LE cigars, and how everyone is trying to get in on the limited edition marketing hype. Like you said, great cigars, but it's amazing how much buzz is made about them. I'll stick to the usual non-limited edition tat's. I just don't understand the major attraction to the LE's. This is worse than the Opus attraction! :laugh:

You know, I was thinking the same thing. It seems like all Pete's cigars are limited production or very hard to acquire now. It definitely works, and it justifies the hefty price tag for a lot of people. Not that they are not good cigars, I just don't necessarily feel they live up the rarity, hype, and price. Like you said, good marketing.

EDIT: Forgot to say, good thread :p

He doesn't charge any extra for his limited edition sticks at least. I like that.

Its not on him if retailers jack up prices.

I'm a sucker for LE stuff, but I'm not going to get pissed off about not getting them. Its all fun to me.

And the more rare they are, the more likely people are to store these away for a while and when they finally smoke it, what a cigar that would be! :love:

goldpaintguy.jpg

I am waiting in extreme anticipation for this release. Because of my inability to control myself, I continually purchase and consumed paint-based products. I just hope this release is not delayed because of some unforeseeable manufacturing deadline like such as the assembly of vessels in which to transport the Antidote.

That is funny! :laugh:

Doc had the right slant on this by quoting PT Barnum in another thread. No difference than what Disney does with DVD releases of their classic animated movies. Limited time release of a newly digitized version of Snow White!

If it works for Disney, why not cigars? I guess I'm cynical when it comes to hype. I stopped by the regional releases and EL cigars a while ago. Just too expensive for what amounts to a very average cigar in a size that is getting larger and larger.YMMV

PS: Robbie lay off the paint products!

This is worse than the Opus attraction! :laugh:

The difference I'm seeing is the chase to get a box. I haven't really seen that with Opus or Anejo. Guys do get them, sure, but 95% of everyone is happy with whatever small collection they have. So, wtf with this addiction-like need to have a box of these cigars?

I don't get it. Literally, I don't get it. I don't have a single Frank, Boris, Drac, Antedote, Black. Nothing. And it's it not that I wouldn't buy one, but I'm not going behind the B&M to do a B&J to get a T-A-T. Muthascratchaz.

I don't get it either. People are literally throwing themselves at Pete for his LE products. They can have em.

I don't get it either. People are literally throwing themselves at Pete for his LE products. They can have em.

Yep. Last night I smoked an Ambos Mundos Sumatra. Good cigar, good price. In fact, the final third of the cigar was blissful. Nubbed it.