• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Photo Thread

For my images I like having something in the foreground so I focus on that then turn off the auto focus or the camera gets "confused" trying to find something to focus on. If that doesn't work just focus on infinity. Or just play around and see what works for you. Same with anything at night like fireworks. Another point, when doing a long exposure, objects that move might be soft or out of focus due to the wind or other reasons - trees, people, etc
At some point I want to pick your brain about using multiple exposures and combining them.

View attachment 58106

I was playing around last week and caught this image. Came out pretty decent I think!
Pics like this make me regret selling my fancy telescope. I had all the gear to do astro photography, but I was drinking real heavy back then, so was permanently pissed. it sat in a corner unused for years collecting dust before I sold it. Sobered up (mostly) now and could do with a hobby.

Hedgehog. They learned a few years back I put a bowl of food/water out the back for the many stray cats around. Can be up to 3-4 a night filling their bellies. Sadly an endangered species now.
20220722_221049.jpg

A visitor this morning...

full

Silverthorne, CO

I
Silverthorne is a beautiful area! When I was stationed in Denver, everything in Dillon,which is right next door, was log cabin. Gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, everything.

Pics like this make me regret selling my fancy telescope. I had all the gear to do astro photography, but I was drinking real heavy back then, so was permanently pissed. it sat in a corner unused for years collecting dust before I sold it. Sobered up (mostly) now and could do with a hobby.

Hedgehog. They learned a few years back I put a bowl of food/water out the back for the many stray cats around. Can be up to 3-4 a night filling their bellies. Sadly an endangered species now.
View attachment 58407
Funny that y'all have em in the wild over there. I'd heard that. We bred Hedgies in the early 2000's. We had an albino set and one of the brown colored ones. We had three or four breedings and then stopped. We lost money on the deal because we were selective in who we "sold" to and then gave food, a book on hedgies and charged minimal. Cool little animals. Sad that they are threatened now.

Floyd T