• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipe Forum

Treamayne

On the run...
Did this die quickly or is everyone on hiatus? (sp?)

Almost no inputs for a week.

I posted links to pics of my estate pipes if any of you pipe-smart people can tell what I would need to do to make these smokable, or if they aren't savable.

Here is one link I found that seems to be the most comprehensive as far as cleaning and repair is concerned.Marchetti's Look under "Services".

I've always thought of Grabow's as drug-store pipes, but if you like the look and feel of them, salvaging them could be worth your while. :)

Treamayne:

Based on your pictures, the pipes appear to have very little carbon
buildup on the inside of the bowl. They should be fine to smoke. I
would do the stem refurbishment as described by Guyana and get
to smokin' ! :D

Trust me, we are far from dead.

I for one have just been busy.

But not too busy to enjoy my pipe(s).

Don't worry. . . we're still here!

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

Becasue of this forum, I went out and picked up a 44g bag of good inhouse blend. I haven't smoked my pipe in almost a year. I look forward to enjoing it all over again. :love:

Hopefully the forum isn't too dead, I just found this place today and just got back into pipes last week! :)

Heh well I dont think it is TOO dead. I am still waiting to purchase a good pipe off good ole eBay...I know Ill catch a deal sooner or later :).

I have a few pipes, and a fair amount of tobacco stored away, but I haven't lit up in at least a year.

It's a lot easier to grab a cigar and burn it than it is to pack a pipe, light, tamp, relight, etc. I think it's a time thing, but when the time is available, the pipe ritual is satisfying.

I haven't given up on the pipe, maybe it's just waiting for quieter times!

I enjoy a pipe and a cigar. Although, a pipe seems to be a little bit more of a trouble then a cigar. Maybe we should start a Pipe Tobacco Pass? ???

I'd put 1 oz. of say 10 blends, but since I work at the tinderbox they'd all come from there, and we could put some in, switch out. Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind starting this either.

Hmm, a pipe tobacco pass. Sounds kinda kinky... I like it!!! I just recently started smoking my pipe again and don't have alot of blends handy, but I do have some favs I could throw in.

Would the pass be restricted to store blends or would tins be allowed as well?

Interesting, keep us posted. OH, I do check in almost every day, just don't post as much anymore.

You know. . .

I would be interested in the Pipe Tobacco pass, but I am in South America until the middle of September. . . I would love to be on the tale end of it though.

And, I just picked up some Cuban Pipe tobbaco. It says Partagas on the box, and it is really something. No question it is Cuban though. . .really a GREAT FLAVOR. I have always wanted to try Cuban Pipe tobacco too.

Found it in a Smoke shop in Barbados. . .came in a "brick". . .really hard packed. Not real moist, easy to keep lit, and a wonderful smoke. In fact, I am smoking some even as I type this.

I MIGHT be able to slip a little in, that is if I can keep from smoking all of it before September. LOL

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

That's right, tease us. :sign:

Smoked my first bowl of Penzance today, OMG I'm in love.