• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipe Tobacco and Accessory Wish PIF

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
Pipe Smokers...I'm just throwing this out there, but let me know what you think about doing this with pipes as well as cigars? Feedback is encouraged, If i just got overly excited about bringing this to the pipe forum then we can just let it die.

However, everyone here has a general Idea of how wilkey's wish PIF has been working for cigars, to say the least, it has been quite successful. I just came up with the idea, WHY NOT DO IT FOR PIPES!?? Aside from the pipes themselves, there isn't much that cant be found for pipes at a reasonable price. We can basically do anything pipe related from accessories to tins and tobacco to pipe cases without getting close to what guys are spending on the Stogie PIF. Not to mention, we have always had a need for more interest in the Pipe room. Hopefully, this can spice it up!

Personally, there are a lot of blends out there that i'd like to sample, however, I find myself with more and more pipe tobacco and I get to the point that it's going to take forever to smoke it. Without purchasing an ounce or two of everything, I feel this is a great alternative for individuals in a similar position like myself.

One GOAL is to get others interested into the very diverse world of pipe smoking. I would Really like to see this section of the forum take off.

The rules are similar to that of the Cigar Wish PIF, sorry Wilkey I pretty much plagiarized:

THE RULES

1. You may make a wish for any pipe tobacco, tool, or accessory, keeping in mind that the rarer it is, the less likely someone might be able to step up and fulfill your wish.

2. This PIF is a chain of wishes which happen one at a time based upon granting a wish first. You get in the PIF by granting the "current wish" of the one member who is at bat and has made a wish for a single item or one from a short list (no more than 3 or 4 options). If you are able to grant that wish, post in the thread that you are willing to do so and then you may make your wish. Wash, rinse, repeat.

3. When granting a wish, try to have a wish in mind to post at the same time and when someone has said that they can grant your wish it will be confirmed in short order. Keep your wishes specific so that you get what you want. This will save time so folks aren't chiming in for people to post wishes or bumping the thread all the time. Sometimes you get lost in who's wish it is and as a result, more than one PIF chain may pop up. This is a no-no.

4. If no one grants your wish, make an alternate wish or expand your cigar wish list in a timely fashion. This is especially true for those who are looking for harder items to obtain. A suggested guideline is that if you receive no response to your wish within 24 hours, you consider expanding or changing your list. Be attentive to the flow. If the wishes-grants are cycling quickly then stick to 24 hours. If the PIF is in a lull, feel free to leave the wish out for longer.

5. Generally speaking, it's in poor taste to ask for something ultra rare and expensive when you've granted a wish for something much more modest. (I.E. don't ask for pipes) Sometimes you might get lucky but you don't want to hold up the thread for challenging wishes although there is no limit to what you may wish for.

6. Once you have committed to granting a wish, put together your package and send it out promptly PMing the DCN# to the wisher after you have done so. Timeliness is appreciated and tardy MaWPIFers may find their wishes triggering naught but the sound of crickets in the future.

7. Once you acknowledge the granting of your wish, send the wish grant-er a PM with your mailing address.

8. Sometimes, you may be able to grant a wish but choose to decline making one of your own (yep, it happens). In that case, simply offer the right to wish any able-bodied prospective participant.

9. If the PIF seems to be moving along and participation is active, then please allow a little time to pass before you come back in to make another grant-wish cycle (i.e., try to avoid back-to-back cycles). Most would consider this good sportsmanlike conduct and sharing the PIF opportunities are in the spirit of this thread.

And so with that, who wants to make the first wish?

Corona old boy would be on my next wish list

But blew my budget on my last 2 pipes & tamper

Sounds like a fun idea. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :thumbs:

I'll make it easy, i think

A tin of Squadron Leader, or Penzance.
I keep reading about these, but they just haven't made it to my cart yet.

Nice idea, BTW :)

I've got you on the SL. PM me your addy.

I'll wish for a tin of Cornell & Diehl Old Joe Krantz or Sunday Picnic.

I've got you on the SL. PM me your addy.

I'll wish for a tin of Cornell & Diehl Old Joe Krantz or Sunday Picnic.

Alan,

If I had that it'd be yours. Unfortunatley, it's not in my personal stash nor at the shop.

:angry:

I guess I'll give this until some time tomorrow and maybe revise it.

OK, this seems to have died quickly...

How about someone sends me a couple of ounces of a local house blend that I can't get anywhere else? Surprise me!

We could bounce the wish back and forth between us two :whistling:

If you're wish isn't granted in a few days, I'll find somethinf nice for you ;)

OK, this seems to have died quickly...

How about someone sends me a couple of ounces of a local house blend that I can't get anywhere else? Surprise me!

I don't think it died quickly. The thing is, there seems to be a neved ending supply of different tobaccos, and not every local can carry them all. Personall, my shop carries a lot of Lane Ltd., Peter Stokkeybe, and Mac Baren bulk blends.

Tins we have a select few from different brands such as peterson, dunhill. davidoff, stanwell, W.O. Larsen, etc...

Since we have a small portion of participants in this forum (which I am trying to work on getting a few more) wishes may take longer to get granted because we are a select few.

Tobaccos aren't the only thing that can be asked for. Newbies to pipes can always jump in if they recognize a tin their local carries and request a "pipe pack" or utensils, etc.

The only problem is, our store doesn't mix our own blends, and anything we carry isn't going to be "exclusive"

We could bounce the wish back and forth between us two :whistling:

If you're wish isn't granted in a few days, I'll find somethinf nice for you ;)

Oh you bet im just waiting on the rail here.

After some thought, instead of being so precise as to certain brandss, since there are so many, should we wish for blends instead?
For example, instead of asking for a tin of Escudo, you wish for a tin of VaPer (Virginia Perique) blend. It would have some educational value to those who will be tagging along in this shortly. Not to mention, it would be easier to fulfill a wish, but then again, it is altering a wish from a blend someone really wants to try.

I feel the best way would be to leave it to the discretion of the wishee, but to know that that option is available.

Thoughts?

The "dying" comment was really meant in jest. I was really just trying to get the thread moving in the right direction.

If there's going to be a "wish" thread people should be able to wish for something specific if they choose to do so.

Believe me, I understand the lack of traffic in here. I think the same people have been posting in every thread for the last few months. :laugh:

Pipes are not the focus of this forum. Frankly, there are much more active and more informative forums for pipe smoking out there. What we've tried to do over the last few months is keep this section alive and kicking because some of us have taken up the pipe or returned to the pipe after several years and we've been here a while. We don't want to start over somewhere else. We have friends here.

We've tried to share our passion for smoking pipes with others at Cigar Pass in an effort to expand and strengthen the bond between members. Some have joined us (which is wonderful), but there's no reason to expect that this section will ever be as robust as the rest of the forum as it's simply outside the scope of the main focus at Cigar Pass. I think those of us who have been posting here have done well (almost half of the topics in this section have come since August 2007 and they've been very good topics for the most part), but there's still only 12 1/2 pages of topics since January 2005.

Those are my thoughts. :)

I would get in on this, but we are starting the big move today. I will be off line for the most part for the next week or so.

Once I get settled in I will do my best to grant some wishes. :)

Alan, send me your addy and I'll send you a nice English blend from Pipes & Pleasures here in Columbus, McClelland blends it for them.

Alan's package will go out Saturday. So I have to make a wish....

Well, my first choice would be an ounce of Macedonian Mixture.

That's a tall order so my second choice would be a sample of And So To Bed.

Alan's package will go out Saturday. So I have to make a wish....

Well, my first choice would be an ounce of Macedonian Mixture.

That's a tall order so my second choice would be a sample of And So To Bed.

Yeh, doesn't look promising...

OK this is my first post here in the pipe room. I am new to pipes maybe two weeks but am starting to enjoy them more than cigars for now. I have only tried about four brands of tobacco so for but am ordering more all the time. I am looking forward to doing some trading here soon.

My pipes:
Cheap $29.00 pipe i started with not sure if it has a name.lol
Peterson Standard System 313 Smooth my favorite for now
Ordered a Peterson Aran 221 P-Lip last night from smokinpipes.com

Tobacco I have tried:
24-K Local (local shop)
Proud Tradition ( local shop I think he said he blends this himself)
Frog Morton out on the town. (good stuff)
Penzance (smoked some last night I think it's a little strong for me will try it again to be sure)
Ordered last night from smokingpipes:
Frog Morton
Sunset breeze

Anyhow I am heading back to the local B&M today for more 24-K and Proud Tradition and see what else he has to offer. Most likely will buy another pipe as well as I got my tax check back yesterday. :thumbs:

George

Alan: Your package is out USPS Delivery Confirmation 0307 1790 0001 3256 6675. In addition to 2 oz. of Old English from Pipes and Pleasures, I added a sample of Spilman Mixture from Iwan Ries. Spilman is in my regular rotation and is available only from Ries in 7 oz. tins--so I think it also qualifies under your wish.

I'll revise my wish: how about a sample (1 oz.) of any of the following GL Pease products--Barbary Coast, Caravan, Cumberland, Odyssey, Robusto, Samarra, Abingdon or Piccadilly?