• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pizza

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
First, I have to say that New York pizza is the best in the world. Living within walking distance of Arturo's and John's of Bleecker St in the Village (that be Greenwich Village, NYC) I'm qualified to say that. If you don't agree just accept that you are wrong and everything will be just fine.

That said, my first ex was from Chi-town and needing a knife and fork before she thought it was really pizza put a strain on the relationship. To help smooth things out I learned how to make a Chicago pie and over the years became pretty adept at it. My 14" deep dish pies weigh in at about 7lbs give or take and, if you can put up with not being able to eat your pizza with your hands as God intended then it will satisfy your craving.

Right out of the oven with some fresh grated Romano and Parm on top. Onion, peppers, mushrooms, sausage and pepperoni. I use a wheat flour crust and grind up the pepperoni which is under the top layer of cheese.

Buon Appetito!

full

That looks pretty good Ray, especially for someone who isn't Italian. Oh and BTW, some places in the North end of Boston make pizza as good as anyone.

Doc

That looks pretty good Ray, especially for someone who isn't Italian. Oh and BTW, some places in the North end of Boston make pizza as good as anyone.

Doc
A Beantown pie will beat a NY pie as often as the Sox win the Series.....not very often but I do give them credit for trying.

Looks really good Ray! What kind of Romano..... Pecorino? Locatelli?

Looks really good Ray! What kind of Romano..... Pecorino? Locatelli?
Thanks, I'm 98% sure it is Pecorino since I don't have the label any more.

Gawdayam....born and partially raised in NY, that is a beautiful pie. And yes, NY pizza is da best.

Thanks, I'm 98% sure it is Pecorino since I don't have the label any more.

Love Locatelli Pecorino...... Hard to eat anything from spaghetti, pizza, or Italian Wedding Soup without.

7 pounds... Holy Crap!

A Beantown pie will beat a NY pie as often as the Sox win the Series.....not very often but I do give them credit for trying.
Who has won more WS championships this century? Just thought I'd point that out.;)

Doc

Who has won more WS championships this century? Just thought I'd point that out.;)

Doc
The century is young. Who has won more period? Just thought I'd remind you in case you forgot.

The century is young. Who has won more period? Just thought I'd remind you in case you forgot.
How could I ever forget, with Yorkers like you around to remind me.

Doc

Yes have gone to the New Haven one. Got to see the actual ovens in the original building.

Looks great, though I'm not a pan style crust person. I lived in Chicago...no, not suburbs, for years and had'em all. There are some really good deep dish pizzas but I would never say the best pizza comes out of Chicago.

I do loves me some Imo's out of St. Louis though.

We had some in Rome and Venice last summer that I would put up against any thin crust I've ever had. That being said, I'm also a fan of deep dish and Ray that looks wonderful.

Reactions: AVB