• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please suggest a 1'st beer

I don't think you could go wrong with Blue Moon as a starting beer.

I have never had a beer before

None of my damn business really, but I gotta ask.....why not?

No problem dude, I've never really been interested in it until the other day. I've always been interested in wine's, and the local place I go to has a nice selection of beers I've never even heard of. it's been kind of intriguing me every time I go in the place to look around. So I thoght I might aswell try one.

Well Jeez, if your a wino then you can handle a real beer. Find yourself a Double Bag. BTW, calling Kirk a dude cracks me up for some reason.
laugh.gif

Doc.

No problem dude, I've never really been interested in it until the other day. I've always been interested in wine's, and the local place I go to has a nice selection of beers I've never even heard of. it's been kind of intriguing me every time I go in the place to look around. So I thoght I might aswell try one.

My first beer was either a Strohs or a Pabst Blue Ribbon - thanks Dad! Never an empty cooler in the summers growing up on the lakes.

My only advice to you is to avoid any beers you can't pronounce, be prepared to pee frequently, and avoid women with mustaches.

I must be looking at things backwards. I'd say your first beer should be some American crap like Coors or Bud, that way almost anything else you'd ever try would be an improvement.

Good beer is much like good cigars. You might not know what differentiates a good one from a bad one. So explore! Remember that much like cigars your tastes might change and a beer you find terrible you might grow to love!

FWIW: For something easy and light: Stella Artios. For something a tad darker but still tastey and nice: Sam Adams Boston Lager. For something in the wheat area that's tastey and still light: Blue Moon, or any hefeweizen. For something darker and tad more robust: New Castle. For the darkest (but not necessarily the tastiest): Guinness.

Start there and explore!

I must be looking at things backwards. I'd say your first beer should be some American crap like Coors or Bud, that way almost anything else you'd ever try would be an improvement.

Now that I think about it, there is a lot of wisdom in this post...

I've actually thought about trying a coors, I do love their commercials. lol

The first thing that came to my mind was Coors Light. That stuff pretty much tastes like water and is not going to cause any controversy. As far as his not having had a beer...he lives in the heart of bourbon country so why should he be bothered with beer?

The first thing that came to my mind was Coors Light. That stuff pretty much tastes like water and is not going to cause any controversy. As far as his not having had a beer...he lives in the heart of bourbon country so why should he be bothered with beer?

lmao, this is true though. I'll just stick with wine in beer for now.

My first beer was an ice cold Coors, tooling down backroads in a convertible with friends on a sunny day in Idaho . . . was pretty good, actually.

Now if I drink a beer at all, it's generally a Shiner of some kind or a Chimay. Switched to Scotch about 30 years ago!

~Boar

I think a part of me is going to die saying this but I would say for your first beer you would get either coors light or bud light or yeungling if it is available there. God, that was painful to say. Either that or something completely off the wall that they probably won't have like Dogfish head Blue and Red, Midas Touch, Red and White, or some belgian beers. A couple of my friends that don't like beer like those. If we have a list to pick from it might help. Remember that for most people beer is an acquired taste and very few people like the taste of it the first time.

I think a part of me is going to die saying this but I would say for your first beer you would get either coors light or bud light or yeungling if it is available there. God, that was painful to say. Either that or something completely off the wall that they probably won't have like Dogfish head Blue and Red, Midas Touch, Red and White, or some belgian beers. A couple of my friends that don't like beer like those. If we have a list to pick from it might help. Remember that for most people beer is an acquired taste and very few people like the taste of it the first time.

I think they have dogfish, but I'll try to get larger list tomorrow for yall. Thanks!

Most of what DFH makes you probably won't like but they do have a couple really weird ones that are more like wine than they are beer.

Well Jeez, if your a wino then you can handle a real beer. Find yourself a Double Bag. BTW, calling Kirk a dude cracks me up for some reason.
laugh.gif

Doc.

I was thinking the same thingabout MMM. I need more double bag by the way... :love:

Have you had their coffee porter Doc?

Seriously though... Who cares? Order whatever, order everything. It's your first beer. It's a journal entry at best. It's not like your first time with a woman or something. (I had to rephrase that more than once).Although, if you're anything like some of the guys around here, who knows... It's not your first child.

Chrips, I just finished my 'second' beer of the 'night' typing this.

Seriously though... Who cares? Order whatever, order everything. It's your first beer. It's a journal entry at best. It's not like your first time with a woman or something. (I had to rephrase that more than once).Although, if you're anything like some of the guys around here, who knows... It's not your first child.

Chrips, I just finished my 'second' beer of the 'night' typing this.

Good call Mick, drink one of everything!

Only 2, I'm on 5 or 6... :lush: