• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Post-Thanksgiving Sales

Josh

Chronically Misinformed
Right now it's 3:30am central time, and I've been in line at Best Buy for two hours, stealing bandwidth from an unsecure network. They have a Motorola phone here I decided I had to have on a whim, so I just left the house. I didn't suspect to see anyone here at this hour, and much to my surprise there's at least 50 people ahead of me.

So what I wanted to know is did you spend the morning bargain hunting, and what did you bring home (or at least attempt to)?

I try to purchase as much as I can on-line. It's a heck of a lot easier and more convenient than waiting in line. At the very least, I make every attempt possible to avoid any kind of shopping on "Black Friday" :0 even at this hour.

I wish there were on-line grocery stores, then I'd never have to leave my house to go shopping :D

I just plan on spending all day in the garage working on cars ;)

The wife and sister in law left at 4:30 a.m. to hit Wal-Mart and other stores. I'm left with both kids, but for some reason, haven't been able to sleep since they left. The shopping season has begun!. :) I might buy more cigars if this keeps up. :p

My son works at Circuit City and he had to be in at 5:30 this morning and he is working until 10:30 tonight!

I did Black Friday one time about 18 years ago. Went to KMart to get a bicycle for my son. Was there before the store opened and it took me three hours to get the damn bicycle! I vowed then I would never go out and do any shopping on Black Fiday again.

Just finished ordering the last present for the family online. This is the only shopping I do on Black Friday now. Now all we have to do is wrap them!

Fast4Dr said:
coventrycat86 said:
I wish there were on-line grocery stores, then I'd never have to leave my house to go shopping :D
There is..... Peapod
Hey thanks Mike :thumbs:

But no surprise "I'm sorry the Peapod Grocer has not reached your area" :( same with FreshDirect :( :(

I guess I'm too far out in the styx.....

I've made a list of the smoke shops where I am being dragged to today. 6 shops out of town, and I'm visiting every one of them.

lucasbuck said:
You'll never catch me shopping on this day. I prefer Christmas Eve :D
Ya know Craig, being the type of "never-leave-anything-to-the-last-minute" type of guy that I am :0 , you'd be surprised how EMPTY most stores are late in the afternoon on 12/24 (after 3:30 or so)

Trust me, I know this from first hand experience just about every year :p

So on the surface, your choice of shopping day sounds crazy but I actually prefer it ;)

coventrycat86 said:
lucasbuck said:
You'll never catch me shopping on this day. I prefer Christmas Eve :D
Ya know Craig, being the type of "never-leave-anything-to-the-last-minute" type of guy that I am :0 , you'd be surprised how EMPTY most stores are late in the afternoon on 12/24 (after 3:30 or so)

Trust me, I know this from first hand experience just about every year :p

So on the surface, your choice of shopping day sounds crazy but I actually prefer it ;)
I know. I've shopped Christmas Eve every year for as long as I can remember. Nothing like fear of a deadline to get you motivated :D

I do both.....we buy a ton of things online (Just bought a box of PAM's today online!) and the we went to Target, The Bon and finished it off with Best Buy as well. Picked up a $199 8" portable DVD player.

My only complaint today.....traffic sucked!! :angry:

I was @ Kohl's at 5 AM today. My 3 younger sisters and I have made going out early on Black Friday a family tradition. We have fun with it.

I got $300 worth of Fisher-Price GeoTrax train sets for my boy. The discounts were 50% off, then 15% off, and finally another 5% off. End price after tax was ~$130, and I got 2 $10 gift certificates I can use on anything next week to boot.

Unfortunately my sisters then hijacked me and kept me at Koh's until 10, so I missed out on getting one of the cheap hard drives or dual layer DVD burners. I also got a decent 802.11g (108 mbps) wireless router with SPI for $30 after rebates.

I also picked up 3 decent DVDs at Wal Mart for $4 each.

I didn't get to experience any of the "holiday joy" fights, however my brother-in-Law was at a Meijer's store when a fist fight broke out over someone jumping in the line for the $18 DVD players. Police officers needed to be called.

Bargain shopping is in my genes though, my wife wouldn't set foot in a retail store if they were handing out cash.

-Matt-

I'm a last minute kind of guy...Probably going to shop online this year with all this free shipping and everything. Why does anyone need to leave the house? :sign:

I was at our mall at 5:30 this morning. I think it's worth getting there early enough to be first in the store...you get a good parking spot and only have to fight the traffic when leaving the mall. I went to a LOT of stores and I was home by 11:30. All of my Christmas shopping is done now! :)

Our local mall opened at 0530 today. I got up at 0600 and turned on my scanner to see what I might have to deal with today. The first thing I heard was the local PD dispatching six cars to Kay-Bee Toys. Seems like the lone security guard there had been knocked down by a large crowd and was lying on the floor screaming for help. Several arrests were made. What in the hell is wrong with people? :0 I would not shop today if it was the only day I could.