• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Presidential Puppy

No I wasn't joking.. I own one they are great dogs and love kids. I guess we all see lil bastage's and in2xshp true colors as they instantly thought it was meant as a racial slur. Thanks for coming out of the closet guys.

I had no idea you had a coon hound and I really don't care. You may not be familiar with the sensitivity of some folks with that word being associated in any manner with a person of African American descent, but it's a misplaced notion to think that only someone who's showing their "true colors" as some sort of racist would see it as inappropriate.

The little tongue sticking out smiley thing is usually preceded by a joke around here. That's why I asked.

I grew up in an area that saw a lot of racial strife. I have friends that were called "coon" as we rode our bikes down the street. I've heard my sister called a "n*****r lover" for marrying a black man and I've seen the aftermath of my nephew getting the shit kicked out of him for taking a white girl to the prom.

Don't talk to me about racism. Don't EVER accuse me of being a racist. If you're too thick to understand that a post like that could be seen as inflammatory you're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are.

Amen, I couldn't agree more!
Nice post!

I had no idea you had a coon hound and I really don't care. You may not be familiar with the sensitivity of some folks with that word being associated in any manner with a person of African American descent, but it's a misplaced notion to think that only someone who's showing their "true colors" as some sort of racist would see it as inappropriate.

The little tongue sticking out smiley thing is usually preceded by a joke around here. That's why I asked.

I grew up in an area that saw a lot of racial strife. I have friends that were called "coon" as we rode our bikes down the street. I've heard my sister called a "n*****r lover" for marrying a black man and I've seen the aftermath of my nephew getting the shit kicked out of him for taking a white girl to the prom.

Don't talk to me about racism. Don't EVER accuse me of being a racist. If you're too thick to understand that a post like that could be seen as inflammatory you're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are.

Funny part Alan is that's a two way street. If you knew any aspect or me or where I grew up you wouldn't have made your comment. Now that you have been called out on it you have moved to calling names and insulting. Do you really think you are better than everyone else or is it just me?

FYI I grew up right in a school where I as a white male was the minority. My best friends growing up where all of mixed nationalities, some Hispanic, some African American, some Asian and lord knows what else. The difference is we never discussed race. It was never like I had "black" friends or "Mexican" friends. I had friends. COLOR was not an issue or something we even really noticed.

As for my Tongue sticking out if you look at a lot of my posts it is there. If you knew anything about me and my passion for animals you would understand it. Our Redbone coon hound was a rescue dog, and one of the best dogs in the world. Obedient, loving, however with an little bit annoying Baying that they do. I own 4 dogs, 3 birds, 3 fish a chameleon, and a rabbit.

Maybe next time if you think someone is posting something inapprioate you should try contacting them to see if thats really the case instead of resorting to trolling yourself and making false accusations. You also might want to consider growing up stop being so sensitive to every single thing that could be interrupted negatively and give your fellow botls the benefit of the doubt instead of instantly trying to hang them.

Funny part Alan is that's a two way street. If you knew any aspect or me or where I grew up you wouldn't have made your comment. Now that you have been called out on it you have moved to calling names and insulting. Do you really think you are better than everyone else or is it just me?

FYI I grew up right in a school where I as a white male was the minority. My best friends growing up where all of mixed nationalities, some Hispanic, some African American, some Asian and lord knows what else. The difference is we never discussed race. It was never like I had "black" friends or "Mexican" friends. I had friends. COLOR was not an issue or something we even really noticed.

As for my Tongue sticking out if you look at a lot of my posts it is there. If you knew anything about me and my passion for animals you would understand it. Our Redbone coon hound was a rescue dog, and one of the best dogs in the world. Obedient, loving, however with an little bit annoying Baying that they do. I own 4 dogs, 3 birds, 3 fish a chameleon, and a rabbit.

Maybe next time if you think someone is posting something inapprioate you should try contacting them to see if thats really the case instead of resorting to trolling yourself and making false accusations. You also might want to consider growing up stop being so sensitive to every single thing that could be interrupted negatively and give your fellow botls the benefit of the doubt instead of instantly trying to hang them.
Amen to that. Is it really his fault for you jumping on him for your false assumptions?

You were lucky. We did discuss race. We had a large number of the most hate-filled bigots you could ever imagine in the area of the state I grew up in. We HAD to discuss race and we HAD to deal with it because there was violence, intimidation, and all sorts of other nonsense you wouldn't believe. I've bloodied my fists defending friends of color. It's not easy to come out of an area like that without having a knee jerk reaction from time to time.

I apologize for any implication I made in response to your post. I did not give you the benefit of the doubt I normally give people.

I resent your condescension and telling me to "grow up", however. Am I sensitive to race issues? Yes I am, and I won't apologize for that. That sensitivity has served me well in life. Do I think myself better than anyone else? Not hardly. I'm less of a person than many around here, but I do my best and I try to conduct myself in a manner that would make my kids proud. I don't always succeed, but I keep trying.

I resent your condescension and telling me to "grow up", however. Am I sensitive to race issues? Yes I am, and I won't apologize for that. That sensitivity has served me well in life. Do I think myself better than anyone else? Not hardly. I'm less of a person than many around here, but I do my best and I try to conduct myself in a manner that would make my kids proud. I don't always succeed, but I keep trying.
Thank you for the apology.
Might want to watch your condescension as well.

I am however sorry I sank to that level telling you to grow up.

Thank you for the apology.
Might want to watch your condescension as well.

I am however sorry I sank to that level telling you to grow up.

You're right. I spoke in anger. I apologize.

I for one am proud of you both and I am putting in 2 more votes...for football dogs...(as in kickable dogs :rolleyes: )

the infamous PUG

And a teacup chihuahaaaaaa (spell check this!)

Melly

Nice to see you guys handle this like men.

I had the pleasure of herfing with Josh last weekend, great guy, and he even brought Steve (his coonhound) along with 3 other cool dogs. Had a great time, though I really want that little Greyhound! :)

Good luck with the contest.

To everyone that reads this thread.

You have just seen how 2 true BOTL and gentlemen conduct themselves.

Alan and Josh, you have set a fine example of how things should be worked out here at CP. We all come from vastly different backgrounds. That fact alone, makes Cigar Pass a truly great place. That so many people with so many different points of view can come together under a common roof, our passion for cigars, and coexist speaks toward the caliber of people we find here.

There will always be misinterpretations, misunderstandings, and mistakes. It is how, as men/women, we handle them that sets us apart from the rest of the Cigar Communities.

Tim

Actually in the end, I think you both showed exactly how intelligent you are. :thumbs:

Bravo to the quick resolution, understanding, and humility shown by you guys in a thread I, as reading, saw going downhill at terminal velocity. You have shown your true colors, and I applaud your maturity and sensitivity. :thumbs:

On to the contest...a mixed breed, pound/rescue pup under two years old. If forced, I'd say a sporting breed mix, specifically retriever/spaniel.

They are going to rescue a mixed breed from a shelter. A mix of what I don't know, but I'm guessing it will be cuddly cute for the girls.

Bravo to the quick resolution, understanding, and humility shown by you guys in a thread I, as reading, saw going downhill at terminal velocity. You have shown your true colors, and I applaud your maturity and sensitivity. :thumbs:

I've been on and left several message boards on various topics over the last ten years because the members of the boards always wanted to argue and belittle each other. Kudos to you guys for handling this very maturely. This is exactly why I'm glad I found CP.

Keep the guesses coming, and let's hope that Barack doesn't flip-flop and get his girls a kitten. :laugh:

my wife's guess is a Puggle only because she wants one.

my guess is a German Shepard.

it's been said, but I think they will rescue a mutt.