• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Presidential Puppy

I'd guess some kind of Terrier. Scottish Terrier would be my guess.

btw: nice fishtale and save for Napa and lil early on in the thread. Looked like you guys were going into the ditch until you both saved it. Respect to both of you!

My Guess would be a Maltese

Maltese.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoallergenic_dog_breeds

I was gonna say chocolate lab too. Good people dog.

But how about a blue heeler? So ugly, they're cute.

BR

Au contraire, one of Sammy's local "friends" is an Entlebucher Sennenhound (he was chasing Morley when he cut his leg last month). Of course, that's a lesser swiss mountain dog, but who's counting. :)
Cool! Even more uncommon than my guys! Damn near the same dog, only half the size/weight. One of four dogs in the Swiss Mountain Dog group (the 4 being Greater Swiss, Bernese, Entlebucher and the Appenzeler).

I'd say Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, but no one knows what they are!

Aren't those the dogs that carry whiskey around their necks? Or is that only at your house?

:sign:

DICK! You know mine carry barrels of Smoked Porter...
BTW, these work - and it's a brandy barrel you heathen... all rescue dogs brought brandy to warm you up with.
:laugh:

Those little keg collars are cool. Wonder how my cockers would look with that on..

Cheating just a little here . . . a bully-breed mix shelter pup.

One of his daughters has allergy problems, and bully breeds (pit, bull terrier, bull dog, etc) are low allergy short haired dogs.

Plus they're cute. In that "alligator with fur" kind of way. :p

~Boar

BTW, these work - and it's a brandy barrel you heathen... all rescue dogs brought brandy to warm you up with.

Brandy is actually a very good idea - the alcohol makes you feel slightly better (it's generally bad for hypothermia since it cools the core) but historically brandy wasn't as alcoholic as today's standard varieties. It was less alcoholic and sweeter, which also helped preserve it for storage. The big shot of glucose, a little dutch courage from the booze, and the knowledge that help is near at hand probably saved a lot of travelers in the Alps.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be good on Sammy. He got rid of his last conehead by running through the woods, running right into trees, until he broke it. He'd do the same to a barrel of brandy - except that he'd probably proceed to drink the brandy and then we'd have a drunk brainless husky-dor on our hands.

(PS. Dogs do get drunk. When I was in my teens, our yellow lab ate a whole box of liqueur chocolates. Good times.)

Cheating just a little here . . . a bully-breed mix shelter pup.

One of his daughters has allergy problems, and bully breeds (pit, bull terrier, bull dog, etc) are low allergy short haired dogs.

Plus they're cute. In that "alligator with fur" kind of way. :p

~Boar

That was what my guess was based on also.

The news today is that Obama will wait till he gets to the White House before picking a puppy, but I still have sticks to give away so…

My wife and I bought our first home in July and we were finally able to get a dog after seven years of living in apartments with cats. The breed of our dog has not been mentioned in this thread yet. The first person to guess it gets a collection of sticks from The Robert Hogan Humi. When Obama does finally pick his pooch I’ll still award a prize pack to the correct guesser, and yes your guess counts for both prizes.

Flushnutz is disqualified since he has already met The Robert Hogan Dog, but you can bribe him with filler for his new vinotemp at your discretion.

I'm guessing that you adopted a greyhound. Cuz it's the right thing to do!

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Philip Elliott, Associated Press Writer – Sun Apr 12, 3:38 pm ET

The first family has settled on a first pet — a 6-month-old Portuguese water dog that the Obama girls are naming Bo.

The selection was one of the White House's most tightly kept secrets.

President Barack Obama's daughters, 10-year-old Malia and 7-year-old Sasha, picked a black and white pup, a White House official speaking on the condition of anonymity told The Associated Press Saturday night.

The dog is a gift from Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., who owns several Portuguese water dogs himself.

"We couldnt be happier to see the joy that Bo is bringing to Malia and Sasha," Kennedy said in a statement. "We love our Portuguese water dogs and know that the girls — and their parents — will love theirs, too."

Finally got their dog..