• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Purchase Of a Lifetime For me!

I was not told they where all from the original box. Ah the cellophane, I reomoved it (they were all discollored and the sharks did not have cedar obviously) because I have recieved Anejos that had mold in the past do to poor storage and the cellophane being still on the cigar. I have inspected the cigars and I am confident they are OR. I was only told that there was 22 OR sharks collected over time. I asked him to place them in a box for shipping purposes. I much appreciate all the answers and help you have given me with this Andrew thank you :).

There's no such thing as OR Sharks. They were not part of the original Añejo release, so they don't have the same wrapper the OR Añejos have (in terms of age, etc.)

Also I'm curious, what did you examine in order to determine that the Añejos are indeed OR?

As we discussed in chat, I am not really sure what you would call the first year of Sharks then? First Run, First batch, seems I have seen the ones released in early 2001 referred to as OR ;), huh you learn something new every day :). I examined the taste, construction, and over all profile of one while I was smoking one :love:. It was much similar to the OR 50's I smoked. Anyway thanks for the feedback Andrew it is always much appreciated.

Jim

I was not told they where all from the original box. Ah the cellophane, I reomoved it (they were all discollored and the sharks did not have cedar obviously) because I have recieved Anejos that had mold in the past do to poor storage and the cellophane being still on the cigar. I have inspected the cigars and I am confident they are OR. I was only told that there was 22 OR sharks collected over time. I asked him to place them in a box for shipping purposes. I much appreciate all the answers and help you have given me with this Andrew thank you :).

There's no such thing as OR Sharks. They were not part of the original Añejo release, so they don't have the same wrapper the OR Añejos have (in terms of age, etc.)

Also I'm curious, what did you examine in order to determine that the Añejos are indeed OR?

Sure there is - the first year that they were available are OR. Just because they weren't released at the same time or have the same wrapper as other "OR" Anejos doesn't mean that the FIRST RELEASE OF SHARKS are not "OR" Sharks. By definition, Sharks from the year they were first released are "Original Release", regardless of the wrapper they have.

Nice haul Jim!

Keep in mind though that a $50 cigar does not necessary smoke like a $50 cigar, I have experienced that once too often now.

Enjoy.

Brian

Totally sucks, but isn't that the truth!!! :laugh:

Hell some of the $20.00 ones aren't up to snuff either... sad but true.

Congrats on the haul, Jim! I'm especially impressed not by the rarity of these, as things like a slightly differently shaped Opus don't really get me excited. However, I am impressed by the absolute quality and age of these. Opus Maddies, OR Anejos, all of those Ashtons, etc are not simply novelty Fuente creations, but are truly special tobacco. Nice score!

Do you mind telling what the price tag was?
Ditto this and how can I be invited over to smoke one of these delicious stogies?

Why not ask him how much he makes per year, how much his house payment is, how much he paid for his car, and how often he pleasures himself?

Those are all as much your business as how much he paid for these cigars.

Do you mind telling what the price tag was?
Ditto this and how can I be invited over to smoke one of these delicious stogies?

Why not ask him how much he makes per year, how much his house payment is, how much he paid for his car, and how often he pleasures himself?

Those are all as much your business as how much he paid for these cigars.

True, i don't agree with wha was said there, just let the man enjoy what he has and please above all else don't ask what he spen on them, because i wil not let anyone know what i spent on my Soprano's that i have..........

Congrats on the Haul!!

I hope you have the courage to smoke them all and post reviews. We all live vicariously through each others reviews on things we may never in our lives have the chance to see other than in pictures and words.

Congrats on the Haul!!

I hope you have the courage to smoke them all and post reviews. We all live vicariously through each others reviews on things we may never in our lives have the chance to see other than in pictures and words.

Not me! I would rather not know just how fuggin' good all those are. Yes, I am jealous. :angry:

:laugh:

Congrats on the Haul!!

Not me! I would rather not know just how fuggin' good all those are. Yes, I am jealous. :angry:

Who says they are any good. It might all be hype. I would just love to know what he honestly thinks of them. Smoking a rarity is sometimes just the ability to say you smoked one and sometimes they are so good you spend the rest of your life seeking out as many of them as you can find.

It would be interesting to know which of these are which for Jim.

Congrats on the Haul!!

Who says they are any good. It might all be hype. I would just love to know what he honestly thinks of them. Smoking a rarity is sometimes just the ability to say you smoked one and sometimes they are so good you spend the rest of your life seeking out as many of them as you can find.

It would be interesting to know which of these are which for Jim.

I agree. I was just funnin' that's all. But, what's good to Jim might be a yard gar to you.

I can only note my envy...pure 100% envy. Nice haul...great job...good for you!