• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf 7 - Saturday, Aug 11th

Charlie,
Thank you so much for an amazing time. Very well done sir! It was nice to spend the day w/ my dad & friends to support such a great cause. I may not have walked away with any prizes, but I walked away knowing I helped out a soldier and his/her family - and thats what it really was about. Glad I could be apart of that. :thumbs:

Also, It was a blast to finally get to shake the hand of many CPers and put a face with the name. Tom, Gary, Rob, and Isy - Im glad we got to chat a little w you gentlemen. Class act guys and would do it again anytime.... Special thanks to MarkJr, Joe, and Paul for the very generous thought. ;) Had a great time with you all and couldn't stop laughing. Looking forward to next year and to meet some new faces. Great day for the Wounded Warriors and their families !

I also found it weird that there were a bunch of Gurkha signs for sale at the rest stops the whole way home upstate ? Maybe the Canadian? lol :laugh:

Hey guys just a quick I got home safe post driving 500+ miles thru 4 states with no breaks was just something I can now scratch off the bucket list...lol

I'll touch base in the morning once I get some much needed rest!

Paul

Hey guys just a quick I got home safe post driving 500+ miles thru 4 states with no breaks was just something I can now scratch off the bucket list...lol

I'll touch base in the morning once I get some much needed rest!

Paul

Glad you made it home ok! You have balls of steal my friend...

Glad you made it home safely Paul.
Austin, you have it right, it is a great cause and we always have a wonderful time.
It was nice to see everyone again this year, and meet some new guys.

Big thanks to Charlie, another terrific event for a great cause that gives us B/SOTL an excuse to get together.

What a great event, kudos to Charlie and his merry band of helpers! Awesome food, drink and event. Perfect day that was about hanging out with friends to support a very worthy cause!

Ronnie and I were lucky enough to win the Yankee tickets and we are going with Charlie and Beth. That will be a fun time!
:D
(I'm just glad, Nan Haworth picked our ticket and not Ronnie, lol)

Thanks Austin and Dave for the smokes, gotta love the brothers.

I wish I would have had more time to get to know some of the CP guys I met for the first time. One you guys buy tickets, you seem to avoid me, lol.

Can't thank Charlie enough for the great event, but most importantly, his commitment to supporting the troops. It's an event I'm proud to support.

It was great seeing everyone, and meeting people face to face for the first time...!! Made new friends, ate a little too much, just had a smashing time. An absolutely perfect way to spend a warm afternoon....!!!... :thumbs:

Thank you Charlie for pulling this together again. I had a great time.

Will

Ok I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to Charlie, his wonderful wife and all the other great people that worked there buts off to set up this event and see that it went off smoothly. I have never been to a charitable event before and I was blown away by some of the speakers that were there and some of the things that go on in our country to our military after their active service is done. It is a WONDERFUL thing that you have put together Charlie with this event to raise money for a great organization. I will be returning for years to come and both my buddy Simon and I had an outstanding time from start to finish.

Like most said here already it is really cool to me as well when you get to put a face with a name of someone you talk with over the internet. It was great to meet as many brothers as I did yesterday I got to enjoy most of the day with Set-In-Stone (Austin), Nashkicker (Jim), Bayamos (Robert), Joebunga (Joe), Joes Buddy Houston, MarkJr (Mark), and my buddy Simon. Also great to finally meet a couple great guys that helped my newbie ass out more than once here at CP ironpeddler (Gary), BlindByScience (Tom), and Stogieman (Charlie). A few other great Cigar Pass members I got to meet were thechenman (Dave), rob300c (Rob), thefatguy (Ian), ToneNy (Anthony), uptown Isy (Isreal) and MOBIG (Jesus) along with all the other great guys and girls I met. I know I am probably missing some more CP members so sorry if I missed you.

Another big thanks to all you Yankee fans for really accepting me into your state with open arms…LOL! CONGRATS to Ian and Ronnie for their big win of the Yankee tickets boy I’m glad I didn’t win. Burning them would have gone very badly since I was already told I wasn’t allowed food and was going to be burned at the stake for my clothing attire choice. LOL

All in all it was a great day, great weather (luckily), great food, and great company. Ian thanks for selling me all your FAKE tickets…LOL

Thanks again Charlie I truly had a great time!

Paul

Charlie, it was great to finally meet you and thank you, so much for all you do. I was honored to be a part of such a great event. As a card carrying "Army Service Connected Member" I was deeply moved by the speakers who spoke, our Veteran's and the dedication of all those to came out to support such a great cause.

The food was GREAT! Those guys and girls did a fantastic job! WOW!! It was all better than good, amazing! Great job by all!

Two words, Turtle Dick :thumbs:

It was great to finally met ironpeddler (Gary the Great!), BlindByScience (Tom, one proud Dad), thefatguy (Ian, I personally tossed out the grey tickets) Joebunga (Joe, thank you for your generosity), Joe's friend Houston, MarkJr (Mark, thank you for your generosity),Tall Paul,(Paul's as we now know, is crazy) and Paul's friend Simon (another duranged dude from N.H.)

Paul raised the bar driving from N.Y. , back to N.H. with no brakes. I am checking Genius Books of Records, that has to be a new record. I am not sure who was crazier, Paul for driving with no brakes or Simon for getting inside his truck. They both seemed so normal at the event. Hell, Paul never snapped when he was holding $500.00 in grey "giveaway tickets" and that color was never called. Simon did give a slight hit of being nuts when Charlie called out "blue" 63 times in a row. Simon just kept putting his head down, I just thought it was form all 16 lbs. of chicken, beef, pork he ate. I had no clue they were crazy. :laugh:

It was nice to see Isy (class act) again. I haven't seen him since he left N.Y.

Thanks Charlie, for such a great day, your a very special man.

Let me thank Charlie his wife and all the people that help him put this together no ones knows how much work goes into this until you SEE IT and experience it for your self.
It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

famous12QSH12027.jpg

famous12QSH12029.jpg

famous12QSH12026.jpg

famous12QSH12003.jpg

famous12QSH12019.jpg

famous12QSH12022.jpg

famous12QSH12020.jpg

famous12QSH12021.jpg

famous12QSH12018.jpg

famous12QSH12004.jpg

famous12QSH12002.jpg

Yeah! This how we do it!!! Thanks to Nasty for brining his custom table we stayed till 8:30 playing...
famous12QSH12031.jpg

Great times Charlie, thank you again. Nice seeing some faces that I wish I would see more than once a year. Gary (ironpeddler), I'll hit you up next time on the GSP! Isy, Tom and others who travelled, safe home and see you'd next year.

All I can say Charlie is EPIC!! You are the organizer of all organizers. You and your crew put great thought into everything. Thanks for the last 7 years of great times and more to come. The BBQ crew deserves a medal for above and beyond. It was great watching them set up the day before, hearing all their BBQ war stories and an outstanding lobster, clam bake.

Here's some pictures, and of course my usual home for 3 days......
tent.jpeg

Friday afternoon....
2012-08-10%2020.19.51.jpg

2012-08-10%2020.20.26.jpg

2012-08-10%2022.25.04.jpg

2012-08-11%2008.52.48.jpg

THE BIG DAY!!
2012-08-11%2008.55.20.jpg

2012-08-11%2009.18.44.jpg

The Connoisseur.....
2012-08-11%2009.22.27.jpg

2012-08-11%2011.10.21.jpg

2012-08-11%2019.20.30.jpg

Much like the Olympics, the QSH is something that needs to be taken seriously. As such, Israel, Gary, and I had these trainers the night Israel got into town:

Millenium.jpg

Kicked off a special time, with great friends...perfect occasion.

Can't wait for next year....thanks to everyone....B.B.S.

I want to thank all of the wonderful people that came out and supported this incredible event we hosted this past Saturday. Also, I want to thank all the sponsors that stepped up and helped out, two thumbs up. It was great to see all of my old friends and I was so happy to meet a bunch of you newbs (you know who you are) as well as your friends and special guests. Beth and I want to thank you all from the bottom of hearts and as they say, we can hardly wait until next year..........

Charlie, once again an amazing event, wonderful cause and a great time. It was awesome to see old friends hanging out looking relaxed as hell as well as meeting some new BOTL. The food was insane, booze on point and sooo many generous sponsors. Charlie, you are the man! I wish I took more pics but I was so busy catching up with everyone you just get so caught up in the good times. Again it was a pleasure to see everyone and look forward to the next! Keep the pics coming to all who took them!

I wish I did take pics but i completely forgot. I know Gary got a few good shots!