• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf IV - Feb 7, 2009

What a wonderful time!!!!

Thanks to those who gifted me some wonderful cigars Rob300c delicious! Anthony I would not have had a chance to smoke a smoke as lovely as that! and Grateful thank you in advance for today's victim. I smoked the last Ramon Allones from a tropical box split with Hudson Valley to kick off the Herf in his honor.

Charlie as always thank you for all of your hard work

Joesiriusstoogie you better pay it forward with your wife cause business is so good!!!!!

It was good to places faces with board names and have such a nice time.

Hugs,

Beth

Edited to add thank you to killer beans for the pot of killer beans coffee I drank this morning!!!!
So I ask Beth to pose for a picture when I was cruising around the room selling the Raffle tickets. She looks at me with that "Charles Manson" look...I get that a lot anyway....and she blows me off. I insisted that it was so I could post the pics on CP. She reluctantly agrees to my request and stops to give me a striking pose and starts to move on. BUT THEN, I asked her to please write down her name in my notebook so I can match everyone's name with their picture I took...WELL, then I got the "Are you a stalker?" look....I get that one too periodically....and she quickly scribbles down Beth-NotAquitter to where I could just about read it....I thanked her backside as she ran toward Charlie.

Beth, it was a pleasure meeting you....I think?.... :laugh: :laugh:

Beth-NotaQuitter.jpg

One of the great memories I will treasure from this event was meeting Charlie's Family Crew. What a great bunch of guys. Uncle Mike, Brian, Young Mike, Gary, and Matt.....

UncleMikeBrianLittleMikeGaryMatt.jpg

I took their picture and BS'd with them like I knew them for years...very cool people.

After the raffle was completed, I went back to the end of the Bar that these guys called home for the event to see how they did and order a beer. I mentioned I was one number off from each end of my ticket strip from winning a prize. Brian looks at me and says, "Oh, you think that's bad, how about me and Mike didn't even stand a chance during the raffle with the tickets Charlie sold us!" I just laughed thinking me meant they weren't even close to any of the numbers picked. Mike turns to me and says, "NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, WE NEVER STOOD A CHANCE! CHARLIE GAVE BRIAN AND I THE SAME TICKET INSTEAD OF PUTTING THE ONE SIDE IN THE RAFFLE BOWL!"

BrianLittleMike.jpg

I said, "come on guys, are you sure?"....with that they showed me the the two tickets with the matching numbers that their trusted relative sold them :laugh:

BrianLittleMikesMatchingTickets.jpg

After laughing my ass off, the only thing I could say to them was..."Well guys, if you can't screw your family, who can you screw?"

I promised Brian & Mike I would memorialize this event on CP....plus they assured me they will bust Charlie's balls forever.

Funny sh*t!

Ian Cowen was doing a great job hawking tickets for the Charity Event. His roll of tickets were red in color. For almost 2 hours you could hear Ian shouting all over the bar, "Get your winning tickets here, the red ones are the winners!"....

IanCowenTheTicketWhorethefatguy.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm selling raffle tickets too, but mine were white in color. As I'm walking around, taking pictures and selling tickets, I'm telling everyone to buy them from me instead of Ian because Ian is selling fake tickets...."I think he's just selling them and pocketing the money!" I was telling people. Everyone I told that to would laugh and the two of us went back-n-forth all afternoon. Right before the raffle is about to go off, I forgot to buy tickets and I had already handed in my roll to Charlie. I tracked down Ian to buy a strip. He turns and say to me, "man, the Metro guys believed you about me selling fake tickets!" He was pretty freaked out and felt guilty...even though it was a joke.

MetroCrew.jpg

MetroCrew1.jpg

I'm like GTFOH and start laughing! So as I'm buying the tickets, Ian starts yelling in the direction of the Metro Guys..."Look folks, he's buying his tickets from me. they're legit...he's buying them from me...he didn't even buy them from himself!"

When Charlie started to call out the numbers for the prizes and would say the color first, when he said the first winning number that was a red ticket, Ian breathed a sign of relief that could be heard for miles! I think he thought the Metro Guys were gunna' put out a hit on him. :laugh:

Hey Gary,

What was that book you was carrying around? Was that your rhyme book? I could've swore I saw you practicing one of your raps out in front that night....flailing your arms, grabbing your crotch, "yo, yo, yo, you know what I'm saying yo"

Did anyone see CigarDan? I could have sworn I saw him there.... :whistling:

OK Stogieman. Just giving you the localized, "HOOO-RAH!!!!" from the Thursday night boys. We've all congratulated you, personally, on a job well done. However, I had to represent after catching up on all the new posts. (My eyes are just starting to clear up from the smoke. Even thought this year, the weather worked in our favor.) Outsided\ of LouieD, I didn't catch any of the locals posting. Can't wait for this Thursday to share and hear stories.

She looks at me with that "Charles Manson" look...I get that a lot anyway....and she blows me off. I insisted that it was so I could post the pics on CP. She reluctantly agrees to my request

Photos like the one posted are the reason for the look........

It was nice to meet you I think

Beth,
FYI, These new cameras they have now....
You can see the pictures immediately and have the photographer Delete any you don't like, ON THE SPOT.
Good thing you didn't do that because that pic is priceless!
Mark

Beth,
FYI, These new cameras they have now....
You can see the pictures immediately and have the photographer Delete any you don't like, ON THE SPOT.
Good thing you didn't do that because that pic is priceless!
Mark
That's what I thought ;)
==================================================================

For the rest of the pictures I took....

LINK

Click on each picture to find the names in the photo.

If there is anyone else that has pictures of the event they would like to share, you can download them to this album and add cations to each photo.

Enjoy.....

I might have to make my way down there next year. Looks like fun. What's the best airport to fly into?

Great pics Gary, I'll be up loading mine as soon as I get a chance........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

What's up with Bill, flying the bird in every picture........ :sign:

Those are great pics Gary, thanks so much for sharing. I love to put faces to names. It looks like you guys had an absolute blast, I hope to make it out there for that some day.

Just as an update, we're almost done with the YouTube video / soundtrac and I'm about to post the link to roughly 150+ great shots taken by Matt Cassidy - Retired Marine (Devil Dog)........ :) :thumbs: :cool: