• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf V - Feb 27th, 2010

Is it as good as the Lithuanian honey liquor Pito was carrying around? :laugh: :laugh:

Was he actually trying to pass off some aged St. Ides as some honey liquor?

This stuff had some crazy Eastern European emblem on it and was thick and sweet like honey. How the hell he found that stuff I'll never know.

I'm just about to burn in for the night. The trip home wasn't any better than the rest of the travel:

• - Sunday flight home – cancelled
    - Rebooked for Monday; 4P out of Newburgh, 8P out of Detroit, home by 11P. That works.
    - NOT! 4P flight turned into the 4:22 flight, which turned into the 5:00 flight, which turned into the 6:00 flight. No way to make the connector now. Starting to smell badly at this point…..
    - Plane shows up at 6:00 PM – we board – Captain comes on the intercom….and informs us the crew has timed out (hour wise) and can't fly the plane. We all get off the plane, rather pissed at this point.
    - They fly in a crew to take us to Detroit. Won't be there before MIDNIGHT. I'm so pissed I decide to power through it and be a pleasant pain in their ass until they get me home. The word "committed" comes to mind….
    - They show up at Midnight, and we make the flight into Detroit. We arrive about 0230. The terminal is dead as a hammer. Kinda weird; Detroit is a HUGE place and it's sort of cool when its empty and quiet.
    - Since I have an 0715 flight out, there really isn't time to get a hotel. I hunker down, find an AC outlet, and watch "Pulse"…..;-)
    - Arrive home about 1130 local time.
    - Total "up time" since leaving Newburgh….a little over 30 hours. To say I'm a little fried is a pretty severe understatement.

The bright spot of the trip of course was meeting the brothers up at Israel's. Those were good times, guys. The fact that Wounded Warriors gets a sweet donation is the icing on the cake. A frozen, snow covered cake with no power, but a cake nontheless.....
laugh.gif

Hey Charlie.....how about April next year...??....
thumbs-up.gif

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Edited to add - Oh, and the final capper.....my luggage got lost...!! Just heard it's in Salt Lake but it's on its way here......
laugh.gif

With that run of luck, I think I would have been reluctant to board a plane at all. No telling what might happen.

G-

I'm just about to burn in for the night. The trip home wasn't any better than the rest of the travel:

- Rebooked for Monday; 4P out of Newburgh, 8P out of Detroit, home by 11P. That works.
    - NOT! 4P flight turned into the 4:22 flight, which turned into the 5:00 flight, which turned into the 6:00 flight. No way to make the connector now. Starting to smell badly at this point…..
    - Plane shows up at 6:00 PM – we board – Captain comes on the intercom….and informs us the crew has timed out (hour wise) and can't fly the plane. We all get off the plane, rather pissed at this point.
    - They fly in a crew to take us to Detroit. Won't be there before MIDNIGHT. I'm so pissed I decide to power through it and be a pleasant pain in their ass until they get me home. The word "committed" comes to mind….
    - They show up at Midnight, and we make the flight into Detroit. We arrive about 0230. The terminal is dead as a hammer. Kinda weird; Detroit is a HUGE place and it's sort of cool when its empty and quiet.
    - Since I have an 0715 flight out, there really isn't time to get a hotel. I hunker down, find an AC outlet, and watch "Pulse"…..;-)
    - Total "up time" since leaving Newburgh….a little over 30 hours. To say I'm a little fried is a pretty severe understatement.

The bright spot of the trip of course was meeting the brothers up at Israel's. Those were good times, guys. The fact that Wounded Warriors gets a sweet donation is the icing on the cake. A frozen, snow covered cake with no power, but a cake nontheless.....
laugh.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Edited to add - Oh, and the final capper.....my luggage got lost...!! Just heard it's in Salt Lake but it's on its way here......
laugh.gif

Tom, that's terrible! Sorry to hear it went so badly! Next time let's get you into a major airport. We can plan to meet in Newark and carpool to/from Newburgh from there.

thumbs-up.gif

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Glad you finally got home Tom, sounds like a heck of an adventure. I was thinking more like the middle to the end of August as the late summers up here in the Hudson Valley are real nice...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Tom,

Sorry that getting home was as bad as getting here. I'm very glad that you braved the weather to come such a long way. I've been helping a friend whose daughter hasn't had power at her house for a week and her husband has MS. And then there is Charlie whose roof has caved in!!!! Charlie, if you need anything, all ya got to do is give us a shout.

laugh.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

laugh.gif

This turned out to be a Quad State Plus adventure for you Tom. Glad to see you finally made it home and it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Hope to see you again next year especially if Charlie can do it at a later date.

Tom,

Sorry that getting home was as bad as getting here. I'm very glad that you braved the weather to come such a long way. I've been helping a friend whose daughter hasn't had power at her house for a week and her husband has MS. And then there is Charlie whose roof has caved in!!!! Charlie, if you need anything, all ya got to do is give us a shout.

Charlie is everything OK. How bad is the damage?

DG

Tom,

Charlie is everything OK. How bad is the damage?

DG

At least one 'stinky' brother!!!!

laugh.gif

<he wouldn't let him go over to shower!>

Looked like a hell of a time! Love how you managed to turn things around. I wish I could of made it, Charlie. Would of been a lot nice than being stuck in the cold with no power. Im all for having the Quad State during a warmer, and uh....less risky time of the year!

Damn Tom glad your home sorry about all of the troubles. It sounded the same when I was trying to get to the herf!

Charlie August sounds a lot better next year! All in all for a great cause!

Dean

thumbs-up.gif

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Glad you finally got home Tom, sounds like a heck of an adventure. I was thinking more like the middle to the end of August as the late summers up here in the Hudson Valley are real nice...... :) :thumbs: :cool:
GREAT idea...How about THIS AUGUST!

Quad State Herf IV...REDUX...Do-Over...The Return...2.0...New & Improved Improved!

Yeah Gary...and Isy can wear that really "cool" hat of his and maybe we'll watch some figure skating.

Yeah Gary...and Isy can wear that really "cool" hat of his and maybe we'll watch some figure skating.

I think this has the potential of being the joke that keeps on going......and going.....and going. And Gary....just wait till I start yelling at you by the fridge at Uncle Louie's.

Charlie
Carps coming?

Joe

Joe, I haven't seen or heard from David (Carps) in a while now, I hope all is well with him......... ???

All is well. New job. New city. I just have been very busy. I wish I could have made it this year. Joe, I'm glad you miss me :) I need to catch up with the NYC crew.

So where you at Dave? You back in NYC? If so, why couldn't you have done that before I moved away, or is that what you were waiting for ;)

Charlie
Carps coming?

Joe

Joe, I haven't seen or heard from David (Carps) in a while now, I hope all is well with him......... ???

All is well. New job. New city. I just have been very busy. I wish I could have made it this year. Joe, I'm glad you miss me :) I need to catch up with the NYC crew.

So where you at Dave? You back in NYC? If so, why couldn't you have done that before I moved away, or is that what you were waiting for ;)