• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question. I see a lot of posts about Vinotemp. Why...

I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow. I just placed my order for the cedar shelves and trays.

Did you get the 282DLX which includes the racks for $229 or the cooler and racks separate? Here's the cedar trays I spoke of. I would have been more informative in my decision to go with a cooler, but I didn't really decide until yesterday that I was going to pull the trigger.

I tend to over analyze everything. :whistling: I'm still making myself nuts by asking even more questions about a decision that I "thought" was made already. :laugh: Did they give you any timeline as to when you might see it at your door?

I tend to over analyze everything. :whistling: I'm still making myself nuts by asking even more questions about a decision that I "thought" was made already. :laugh: Did they give you any timeline as to when you might see it at your door?

I ordered Sunday night. Monday morning I had the ship notice. I didn't even look to see when. If i follow the tracking my OCD gets out of hand.

I'm have to improvise a little bit until my cedar trays and shelves are finished. The stacked humidors are 100 count each, incase there's any question on cooler capacity. Good thing I bought this, because I've got enough loose sticks to fill another humi already. :laugh:

Outside.jpg
Inside.jpg

I need to email and find out when my trays will be ready as well. I just purchased THIS FAN as I found the stock one quite loud. It should arrive next week for me to swap out. This one should push enough air and be ultra quiet.

As for a controller, I ordered a DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER. It was at a decent price & I liked the specs.

I wanted to get both of these in before my trays arrive.

Sadly I just have my smokes stacked for the time being.

I swapped out the fan today. HUGE difference in noise reduction. Had to do a little plastic trimming of the grill with the ole dremel to get her to fit perfectly.

If you have this edgestar unit & noise is a factor, you wont be disappointed.

Going to work on the temperature controller tomorrow. Didnt have time today.

I swapped out the fan today. HUGE difference in noise reduction. Had to do a little plastic trimming of the grill with the ole dremel to get her to fit perfectly.

If you have this edgestar unit & noise is a factor, you wont be disappointed.

Going to work on the temperature controller tomorrow. Didnt have time today.
I'm confused about the fan swap, since I've actually needed to put my ear up against the back of mine a few times to see if it was running or not. I haven't seen any posts about the RH% you're seeing in your unit. What are you using for humidity?

The fans in both of my units were quite loud. Since the fan swap, they are much less audible blending into the background noise. I am using heartfelt beads @ 65.

The temperature controller of course is to shut off the unit at 65 degrees. Currently, even on the lowest setting, I am seeing a temp of 60.

I've actually seen mine come up to 67 over the past week, depending on the ambient temp in that room.

Well I installed the temperature controller this afternoon. Been running for a couple of hours but so far no cooling. Don't have time to troubleshoot now. Will add to the list this week.

Back