• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

R&J 5 Short Churchills, look fake

Thanks for all the education, part of what makes this board so great.

Couple of last notes. The embossing is very light on both labels and completley absent on the bottom gold ring on the red label. The Short Churchills label, when I took it off, has a number 50 to the left of Cuba but I'm not sure what that is.

Thanks again!!!

-Larry

I'll look, Rob but I'm down to one or two packs of tubes and a few singles. I haven't put up any in a while. And remember, I said they look much like what I've seen not identical. With low resolution web images, I always hesitate when it comes to fine features or textures. It's just not reliable.

And as for the spacing and registration, my comment was in the general. I don't have a humidor here at the university. :p I'll dig a bit when I get home.

Wilkey

Sounds good, Wilkey. In fact, I haven't seen any gold flake band (LE or otherwise) with such shiny properties. I agree re: low res pictures, they are very difficult to review.

No humidor at the university? Unforgivable! :p

Thanks for all the education, part of what makes this board so great.

Couple of last notes. The embossing is very light on both labels and completley absent on the bottom gold ring on the red label. The Short Churchills label, when I took it off, has a number 50 to the left of Cuba but I'm not sure what that is.

Thanks again!!!

-Larry

That's a stamp number - I believe it helps determine which gauge cigar it applies too.

I'll check but I've seen '52-54' and '2' on RyJ's(in general).
Also - I think they went from indivdual numbers to ring guage numbers in the last few years.
I'm not 100% on that account.

LOL!

No dogs here. We're an infant research lab. Lots of babies and toddlers. ??? :D

Wilkey

You guys are right. I have not seen the SCs in cardboard 5pack. Just the PCs and 3 packs of SC tubos.

I'm guessing he meant RyJ SC's. I hope. I really hope that's what he meant.

Wilkey

Since I was bored I called the Casa...

The Short Churchills come in a box of Twenty Five, or a box of 3 tubos.

And as far as Michael knew, there is no such thing as a five pack at all. He said that at least in Germany, there is no such thing.

And as far as Michael knew, there is no such thing as a five pack at all. He said that at least in Germany, there is no such thing.
Good on you, Shawn. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I think you can get a 3 pack of non tubos as well and a box of 10 but still no 5 pack though.

I think you can get a 3 pack of non tubos as well and a box of 10 but still no 5 pack though.

Not in Germany, at the Casa del Habano you can't. :)