• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Racist or Just?

Federal sales tax... Right. A lot of them are getting paid under the table. You think those day laborers fill out W2s when they get picked up by random trucks? What about migrant workers? How about bus boys? I am not a supporter of government subsidized social programs but the programs are introduced by elected officials and are budgeted for. Some guy that sits home and collects from the government is not breaking the law he's just lazy. He also has the right to do so. These people do not. Sure statistic can be skewed but the fact is there are plenty of them support the argument that illegal immigrants are a drain on the economy. Do you have any that support otherwise?

seamus said:
Federal sales tax... Right. A lot of them are getting paid under the table. You think those day laborers fill out W2s when they get picked up by random trucks? What about migrant workers? How about bus boys? I am not a supporter of government subsidized social programs but the programs are introduced by elected officials and are budgeted for. Some guy that sits home and collects from the government is not breaking the law he's just lazy. He also has the right to do so. These people do not. Sure statistic can be skewed but the fact is there are plenty of them support the argument that illegal immigrants are a drain on the economy. Do you have any that support otherwise?
[snapback]199099[/snapback]​
did you know that nine out of ten of statistics you read on the internet are made up. :whistling:

edited for typos

Yes I do I have alot of statistics on both state and feral levels.directly from the state and fed gov't we used this in order to budget our office beacuse most of this was subsidized thru private donations and not FEDERAL $$ so we neede to know where to resource our $$ better.. But like I said statistics can be skewed to fit your particualar agenda..

I actually volunteered for 6 yrs back when i was in h.s. and in college here in chicago. Helping illegal immigrants become legalized Helping them contact immigration attorneys..Helping them contact their embassy's and helping them obtain working visas etc etc. I came into contact with thousands of "illegals". A good % of them worked under false papers (fake ss#'s) Many of them busboys..construction workes etc etc... So obviously they did not get paid under the table but actually with a company check that took out taxes and $ for SS...Will these ppl ever be able to collect SS? Will any of them be eligible for income tax credits or refunds? ANswer is NO. Because yearly they obtain new papers..so as to be able to stay in the US and provide a better life for them and their families.

On the othere side Of course there are those who get paid under the table .. But there are also US citizens who also get paid under the table..so what about them?

There was a good article in Newsweek and Time written a cple yrs ago. I will see if I can find it. It's basic theme was the hospitality industry (centered around Las Vegas but applicable to other areas) and illegal workers. Very interesting reading. Basically said without illegal workers alot of industries would collapse thus leading to other industries collapsing thus causing a lagrer economic turmoil in the US.

Anyways! everyone has their own opinion. And we are entitled to it. Im not on here trying to change anyones socio/economic views..

The bottom line was this video was in humane..to treat a person with utter disprespect and with no dignity is a shame.that was my entire point.

Damn I need a cigar.. LOL!! :thumbs:

alexgtp said:
There was a good article in Newsweek and Time written a cple yrs ago. I will see if I can find it. It's basic theme was the hospitality industry (centered around Las Vegas but applicable to other areas) and illegal workers. Very interesting reading. Basically said without illegal workers alot of industries would collapse thus leading to other industries collapsing thus causing a lagrer economic turmoil in the US.
[snapback]199109[/snapback]​

Imagine what would happen to the construction industry. ;)

PSTAN said:
alexgtp said:

[snapback]199136[/snapback]​

Yeah, American workers would not be forced out of the industry.

Alex: It seems we are both not going to get anywhere with this as you are not recognizing the detriment illegal immigration has on the US economy just as I am not recognizing the lack of. Enjoy your cigar.

Why don't you all just drop the crap and get back to cigars, eh?

seamus said:
PSTAN said:
alexgtp said:

Yeah, American workers would not be forced out of the industry.
[snapback]199140[/snapback]​

Geography plays a role in what type of work is being lost to the immigrant. For the area that I live in, the construction industry has a lot of immigrant workers because many of the physical labor jobs that most of the people want to work in are oil industry related which is a somewhat harder to do when you are illegal. Everyone has a viewpoint, not all agree on them.

PSTAN said:
alexgtp said:

what about landscaping?

seamus: I for one believe illegal immigrants are a boon to the economy; they create a true market for labor rather than an enforced minimum. When businesses pay lower costs, they pass on the savings to the consumer.

I think the drain is on governmental and heath institutions. When one of them get sick or hurt, who pays for the hospital visit? The ambulance ride? You and me, brotha. I will own that most just want to do an honest day's work for an honest wage, but of course there is a criminal element. They are non-citizens in our country commiting crimes, which makes the justice system have to work harder. The bankrollers? U and me. When they get drivers licenses and then drive erratically cos they don't read English and T-bone someone, whose car are they T-boning? Chances are, an American citizen.

Immigration is definitely a challenge, but it's not black and white or a a problem that can be distilled down to one sentence, paragraph, or even page.

Aw come on B3... it ain't his fault. The poor guy is just so filled up with stupid that some of it just naturally spills over.

Thank God for immigrants legal and otherwise. I love spanish, cuban, Haitian, Indian and mid eastern food and culture as long as religion/politics are kept out of the equation. I'm proud that the United States can offer these people something that they don't have and is so compelling that they risk there lives and freedom to come here. The extra cost to Americans is a small sacrifice to make for these people. They are not all on the dole just as not all Americans are a benefit to this great society.

NA

SamClemmons said:
I'm proud that the United States can offer these people something that they don't have and is so compelling that they risk there lives and freedom to come here.

Here, here.