• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Belicosos

cigardawg

Haven't done a review in a while, so please excuse me if I am a bit rusty. A very good friend and BOTL brought this cigar back to me from London. Been wanting to try one for a while, since they can't be purchased from any other markets. Anyway, here we go...

Ramon Allones Belicoso

This nice belicoso measured 5 1/2 inches by 52 ring gauge. The same as the Bolivar Belicoso Fino and the Romeo Y Julieta Belicoso. The wrapper was a light brown color with only slight veins. The seams were well applied, almost disappearing in the wrapper. The pre-light nose was of pungent Cuban tobacco...somewhat green/young. I clipped only a small piece off the end and was rewarded with a nice open pre-light draw.

The cigar lit very easily and the draw stayed open and easy. Smoke production was fantastic, with each puff coaxing mouthfuls of thick, rich smoke from the cigar. This belicoso burned evenly throughout, requiring no attention or touch-ups. The burn was cool down to the nub, leaving the mouth ready for another smoke. The ash was light gray in color and firm, staying on the cigar for over an inch at a time. Like all Ramon Allones, the belicoso was very well constructed...top-notch. :thumbs:

My initial impressions from the cigar upon first puff were...creamy, grassy, woody. Those are the three words that came to mind. Honestly, this cigar smoked like a belicoso-shaped RASS. The flavor profile was very similar. There was good cream on the front end with grassy, woody, herbaceous flavors. There was a certain youngness to this cigar that made me wonder what it will taste like in about 5 years. As I came to the mid-point, the creaminess increased and the grassy flavors gave way to more wood and little wisps of toasty/nutty flavors. As I moved down the back-stretch, some of the herbaceous flavors returned and the creaminess was less pronounced.

Overall all, an excellent cigar...even young. I would love to have more to properly age. I think they will be outstanding. As it is, I would give this cigar an A- .

Nice review.
I really like RASS's with some age on them, it sounds like this cigar will age just as nice.

Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to try this cigar but the price isn't very attractive. Hopefully it'll be released worldwide in '07/'08 :thumbs:

great review. I had a similar experience. Feeling a little under the weather for the moment, but I will try to post my tasting notes of the RAB when I'm feeling better. My box was GKI JUL04. So they will have been aging for over a year when I get around to the review.

Great informative review of a truly special cigar from one of my favorite house of tabak. Thank you for sharing.