• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rare Fuentes

I doubt I'll ever smoke those. For what they cost and what they are, they just wouldn't be worth smoking. Especially when they are really just odd shaped Opus X. People collect a lot of things they never intend to "use", Lumberg.

Lumberg said:
I guess I could see where a cigar is more of a piece of art than a thing to smoke.

What's the cigar you may never smoke?
People collect all sorts of things they never intend to use: stamps, Beanie Babies (ugh!), foreign currency, etc. I love cigars, and interesting and "rare" works are fun to hunt down, and just downright cool if they exemplify something you have a passion for.

See, I understand where you're coming from; I could easily say to someone who has a vast stamp collection "WTF is the point, if you're never going to mail a letter with those stamps?"

The cigar I may never smoke is an Opus X Sosa bat -- it looks cooler than it'll ever likely be to smoke, there aren't many of them out there, and it wasn't made just to be smoked, it was also made as a celebration of the art of rolling cigars, and to raise money for charity.

Lumberg said:
What's the point of having a cigar if you don't smoke it?
When you're in a position to be able to "collect" things you admire, it's easier to understand.

Thanks for the reminder Moki, I need to go look at my wifes boxes of beanies. :) I know of one, Trap the Mouse, in there that has a value around $800. :0 We found it in a box of beanies we bought from an individual who had approx 80 beanies she was selling. We bought the whole lot for $110. :D

I've collected things all my life. Most have no value to anyone but me.......which make them priceless! ;)

My wife has hundreds of those frickin' Beanie Baby things. Are they still worth money?? They've been in storage for years.

Must...resist...urge...to...smoke...BBMF.

Seriously, those multi-colored wrapper jobbers are pretty cool. Unless I had two I wouldn't smoke just one. Their artistic value is worth more than the pleasure I'd gain from smoking one.

It's a BIG BAD MOTHA F$(*&$

Get it?

Those Sosa Bats look nice. Matt I would love to see a pic of the "A" shark if you ever get a chance to post it. Always fun to see a pic of cigars you have never heard of.

Phil

I saw that picture over there, that's the only part of that forum I ever really look at. (There are from time to time some pretty funny photos.) It is a pretty impressive group of cigars. I think the ones with the four or 5 different color wrappers in small stripes are very cool.

I've got a few cool fuente cigars... These are my personal cigars :)

T40403311103410.jpg

or a closeup
T40403311111430.jpg

(there are lots of other pics at my moblog site, see my sig for the link)