• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Request your input for Cigar Pass Insurance

What Do You Think Should Happen With Cigar Pass Insurance?

• Total voters
I don't know, but it's out for delivery in Upland, CA as we speak...

Rod?

Yes, delivery is to me. I'll post a picture once they arrive, and then we'll have to figure out what to do with them.

.....and then we'll have to figure out what to do with them.

If all the participants can agree, consider sending them to Tim and have him throw a big 'Going Away Herf' for our boys overseas before he comes home...if time permits that is.

That sure would yield some great pictures for CP's Homepage.... :thumbs:

Me and JHolmes are about the only ones who smoke here....Wouldn't seem right to take all those cigars.
But thank you for thinking of me!

TIm

Looks like "liquidate the cigars and keep a cash fund" is the vote winner....?

Do we really need more discussion? Seems you could make some decent noobie samplers out of that bunch and call it good......

No, I don't have a "dog in the fight"....just an observation.

Cigars just arrived.

gallery_2_1630_28626.jpg

gallery_2_1630_117159.jpg

I looked through them and they seem to be in good condition. I pinched a few and they seem well humidified.

I will toss them in the cabinet, but I don't want to keep them for long.

Those who are members of CPI, what do you want me to do with them?

IMO the options all come with issues to deal with. If you liquidate then someone has to deal with that and then someone has to administrate the funds. There would also have to be decisions made on who/how/when payouts would be made. Would seem it should only cover those that had originally payed into CPI. Not on the list no soup for you. With that said, are there any members on the list that are still hosting passes these days? This just sounds hard to manage, more rules to invoke, and not effective in serving any real purpose.

I'd suggest decide on 3 or 4 worthy national charity groups and allow Tod to have one of his hotties pull one out of a hat. (or whatever he wants them to pull it out of :) ) Sell 100 chances @ $10 per with no one person being allowed to purchase more than 5. Draw a number and send the cigars to the winner. Send the $1,000 to the Charity. You'll never get that much for those cigars individually, you'll create some fun for the board, and the former members of CPI can get a warm fuzzy for the charitable donation.

I'm with Kenny.

Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, the Bloomberg save the Children fund etc.

....how about "cranky old bastards"...?? That's a charity that I stand to benefit from....??..... :p

How did I get stuck with these things. Who wants to take them and work on a plan? I really don't have the time right now, as I'm sure many of you know why... :)

Seems like the easiest would be the raffle idea.
That way they would all ship out as one lot. No need to break them up, figure out the pricing or shipping separate packages.
My first inital input when contacted by EMO was to sell off the cigars with the money being put towards the operating costs of CP. That is still my vote, even if it wasn't on the original poll.

Seems like the easiest would be the raffle idea.
That way they would all ship out as one lot. No need to break them up, figure out the pricing or shipping separate packages.
My first inital input when contacted by EMO was to sell off the cigars with the money being put towards the operating costs of CP. That is still my vote, even if it wasn't on the original poll.

I agree here put the money towrds CP maybe some more upgrades Rod was talking about.
I'd suggest decide on 3 or 4 worthy national charity groups and allow Tod to have one of his hotties pull one out of a hat. (or whatever he wants them to pull it out of :) ) Sell 100 chances @ $10 per with no one person being allowed to purchase more than 5. Draw a number and send the cigars to the winner. Send the $1,000 to the Charity. You'll never get that much for those cigars individually, you'll create some fun for the board, and the former members of CPI can get a warm fuzzy for the charitable donation.

Side note who the hell is Tod?

Are all members of CP allowed to buy these Raffle tickets?

Another thought would be you can send them to Charlie (Stogieman) have them raffled off at the QSH this year and I belive all the raffle ticket sales goes towards Wounded Warriors.

Just my opinon,

Paul

:laugh:

Many new (and some not so new) members here have mistyped his name when referring to Rod. He's been called Tod, Rob, etc. It's become a bit of a joke.

I, for one, am just glad to see everything working out as it should. Thanks Emo. Sorry I doubted you.

Steve

:laugh:

Many new (and some not so new) members here have mistyped his name when referring to Rod. He's been called Tod, Rob, etc. It's become a bit of a joke.

Hahaha that made me laugh so much, too! Welcome to CP Paul! :sign: :thumbs:

P.S. Don't worry you're not the first person to be completely confused by that.

Way to keep them guessing Khari!

*sigh

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for this thread...it's done.

Another one will be started for CPI members...heck, it may even just be a PM thread.