• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reward the Good Newbies

jfields

Where did all my money go?
Well, this year will certainly go down as The Summer Of the Asshats 2007. It sure seemed like CP saw it's share of idiotic Newbies come and go with their total lack of respect, and disregard for the way things are done here. I for one, saw enough of the meltdowns and Mighty Whiteys. However, there were just a few that managed to rise above all of the Asshatery that seemed to be rampant on the boards. They seemed to get "IT", all the while keeping their noses clean and contributing to the greater good of this Band Of Brothers community.
I know a few of this latest round of Newbies became discouraged at times, wondering why we seemed so unwelcoming and hard on everyone.
Hopefully, you now understand why the community does such a good job of protecting itself, and weeding out the undesirable types that we do not want in our midst.

With that, a bunch of us got together and decided to pick out three standout newbies to reward.......... er, punish. You can run and hide all you want, but in the end, you're going to get your asses handed to you. :whistling:
Two of you will be going down by Stealth Bombers, the other by drive by Insurgent Bomber.

Just a way to say thanks for contributing, and something for anyone else thinking of joining to think about............................WE TAKE CARE OF THIS PLACE AND EACH OTHER.

Oh yes! There are others that deserve this as well. So, keep up the good work because you never know if you might be next. :cool:

Oh BTW! A "bunch of us" translates to close to thirty of us. :0

291008577_873cf86259.jpg

Nice job J and friends :thumbs: ! As for the asshats - wow. talk about a few too many!!!! At first I was one of those newbs that felt that this board was unwelcoming, but that quickly changed when Brad set me straight. The Vets and FOGs on this board are incredible and its always awesome looking at the number of bombs going out and coming in. CP's a great place and i'm glad to be here!

Just a way to say thanks for contributing, and something for anyone else thinking of joining to think about............................WE TAKE CARE OF THIS PLACE AND EACH OTHER.
......What a perfect statement John! I realize that I'm still in the newbie stage, some of which has nothing to do with my short tenure here, but I'm glad I had the chance to participate and be one of the 3 "ringleaders". I don't think I'll ever be able to give enough back or Pay it Forward quite enough to repay the kindness, comraderie, humor, and knowledge that I've found here on CP.....but I can try every now and again! Stealth my ass! :sign:

dc# 0103 8555 7492 9583 8910

Wow. Nice going guys.

Have I mentioned to day how much I love this place?

Wait a second, I thought when you said 'send these jackasses a handful of dog rockets' you weren't kidding?

Oh man, Gary, sorry about that buddy! =)

Oh BTW! A "bunch of us" translates to close to thirty of us. :0

I hope you didn't hurt yourselves adding that up! :laugh:

---------------------------------

Nice job, 'a bunch of us'! :thumbs:

Gave me a headache, counting all those fingers and toes, cyphering all those oughts and double oughts. :)

Like they said you newier noob type people, just because you don't get hit this round does not mean you are safe!

Seth

Well as one of the "The Summer Of the Asshats 2007" Noobs, I can say that the people of this community have gone well out of their way to make me feel welcome. Cigar Pass has made this summer just that much better and given a homesick boy a little joy to look forward to each day.

BUT, in regards to this 3 pronged attack, all I can say is Duck and Cover, no good can come of this......

Thanks to everyone here for giving a place to live and learn.

Tim

Thanks to everyone here for giving a place to live and learn.

Tim

Fellow BOTLs,

DUCK and COVER!!! Silly Noobs...you cannot hide from ze boombs!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank…or blame…CP for introducing me to the people here and the pleasures of this … er… pleasure.
<….“Please allow my self to introduce… my self.”…>
Thank you or BLAME you?… We shall soon see after I meet some of you nefarious characters in Germany for the EuroHerf!

BTW…Wurm if you know where to stay… PM me with the details…otherwise I may end up on a park bench!

-C&G…aka…Kellito Padron

Yep, can't wait to see the dust settle on this round.

Echoing what Brian said, It would be impossible to "Pay Back" for what CP has done for me. The best I can do is just pay it forward as best I can.

It was my pleasure to be part of this.

:cool:

Jonesy (and others) have convinced me that this place is full of evil men, with nothing better to do than terrorize today's youth.
Why do I stay here? :love:

Indeed this is a great family of people to be involved with... I count myself as fortunate to be one of the noobs to be welcomed to this place.

Again, thanks to all the members here for their insights, reviews and leadership... Thats what this place is all about.

To the lucky three, (or maybe unlucky :D ) duck and cover because these guys don't fu#k around! Prepare for a nuclear meltdown!!!

......What a perfect statement John! I realize that I'm still in the newbie stage, some of which has nothing to do with my short tenure here, but I'm glad I had the chance to participate and be one of the 3 "ringleaders". I don't think I'll ever be able to give enough back or Pay it Forward quite enough to repay the kindness, comraderie, humor, and knowledge that I've found here on CP.....but I can try every now and again! Stealth my ass! :sign:

dc# 0103 8555 7492 9583 8910

I can't say anything that these two gents haven't said perfectly already!

Oh............................ except for this............................... 0306 0320 0005 1497 5643

Hopefully, you now understand why the community does such a good job of protecting itself, and weeding out the undesirable types that we do not want in our midst.

With that, a bunch of us got together and decided to pick out three standout newbies to reward.......... er, punish. You can run and hide all you want, but in the end, you're going to get your asses handed to you. :whistling:
Two of you will be going down by Stealth Bombers, the other by drive by Insurgent Bomber.

On every forum where I have participated, there has been at least a hint of grousing about newbies who don't know the rules, upset the decorum, and generally cause problems until they settle in. This is the first forum where I have encountered not only brotherhood for established members (in the form of mail-borne artillery strikes) but also love for the newbies, both in the form of the Newbie trade thread and this thread here.

Thanks for making this place so welcoming.

Oh, and to the lucky three: put your heads between your legs and kiss your butts goodbye, they're calling in the artillery!

Great job guys, this is what its all about to be a BOTL, congrats to the newbies! :D

I came to this place because CF crashed. I stay because of the good people. Thank you for the welcome.