• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RH to Temp Question

If I put the bag in the fridge, will the condensation do anything inside the bag? Or the condensation inside the acrylic humidor?

I've been looking at making a wineador.... Lots of info... Am I correct in my assumption? It's basically getting a thermoelectric wine fridge, wipe the inside with vinegar and distilled water, and using baking soda to get any smells out, and then putting boveda packs in until I reach my desired humidity? Then I can just put the cigars in? Are the cedar shelves and anything extra just aesthetics, or required?
Also just to add the fuller your humidor is and having some wood in there, even if it's empty cigar boxes to take up space the more stable your humidity will be.

So, if I buy this - Wine Fridge Link To Amazon - I can get it tomorrow. It will take a few days at least to get it setup. It looks like it meets the qualifications to make a wineador.

Just need to talk the wife into it....

If I put the bag in the fridge, will the condensation do anything inside the bag? Or the condensation inside the acrylic humidor?

I can't speak to the fridge part, and I do remember the times of freezing sticks.. which is why I have a dedicated quarantine cooler for everything new regardless of source.

In theory, the boveda is going to suck up any excess moisture and do it's best to maintain it's stated RH. Still keep a dedicated and calibrated hygo in there and watch it regardless.

Just put them in the closet. Don't overthink it, add more cigars and take the time to smoke one.

I took out the 72% boveda from the acrylic, put in a 65% pack. I then moved the bag and the humidor to my sisters room for the time being. It's about 73F in her room. COuld be less once the AC kicks in. Hopefully this will suffice until I can get the wineador setup, if I get that. Or figure something better out, which doesn't look like I have much options.

I took out the 72% boveda from the acrylic, put in a 65% pack. I then moved the bag and the humidor to my sisters room for the time being. It's about 73F in her room. COuld be less once the AC kicks in. Hopefully this will suffice until I can get the wineador setup, if I get that. Or figure something better out, which doesn't look like I have much options.
65% at 73*, you should be fine...

I bought a small wine fridge on Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. So hopefully I can get that puppy up and running pretty quick. Then hopefully everything should be good.

Now, all my babies have to do is hang in there until the new house is built. I really hope they haven't gone bad already, or by the time I get the fridge working.... That would suck so bad, so very, very bad... :)
:(😭

Any way you can ask your sister if you can store your humidors in her room by the A/C just until it cools down a little?

*EDIT* You posted about the wine fridge while I was writing. Good to hear. In the interim, just inspect your cigars regularly for mold.

Any way you can ask your sister if you can store your humidors in her room by the A/C just until it cools down a little?

*EDIT* You posted about the wine fridge while I was writing. Good to hear. In the interim, just inspect your cigars regularly for mold.
Yeah, I put all my cigars in her room until I get the fridge up and running.

When it comes to mold, what is it that I should be keeping an eye out for? Is it only on the outside of the cigar? Could it be on the inside and I not know about it?

Haven't really read up yet on cigar molds and what to look for, or what to do.

Yeah, I put all my cigars in her room until I get the fridge up and running.

When it comes to mold, what is it that I should be keeping an eye out for? Is it only on the outside of the cigar? Could it be on the inside and I not know about it?

Haven't really read up yet on cigar molds and what to look for, or what to do.
At this point, it will probably be surface mold, and able to be wiped off either by hand or with a paper towel damp with distilled water. You'll know mold when you see it -- no doubt about it. As long as there is no mold growing on the open foot of the cigar, you should be ok. As has been mentioned earlier, get some colloidal silver. There are a few good threads on here about colloidal silver (and mold, too).

At this point, it will probably be surface mold, and able to be wiped off either by hand or with a paper towel damp with distilled water. You'll know mold when you see it -- no doubt about it. As long as there is no mold growing on the open foot of the cigar, you should be ok. As has been mentioned earlier, get some colloidal silver. There are a few good threads on here about colloidal silver (and mold, too).
I'll have to find those threads. I was looking at it on Amazon, but wasn't sure what to get. Or what PPM to get, whatever.

Is that something good to have on hand? Or is that a buy it only if you need it, because assuming you do everything right, you should never need it?

I'll have to find those threads. I was looking at it on Amazon, but wasn't sure what to get. Or what PPM to get, whatever.

Is that something good to have on hand? Or is that a buy it only if you need it, because assuming you do everything right, you should never need it?
I always have it on hand. I use active humidification so I mix it with the distilled water.

I also have many leather bound books. My apartment smells of rich Mahogany.

It's something you will use consistently.

I believe I read you have central air. I would move the humidor close to the register to get cold air blowing on it if the room temp is hugh

My wine fridge keeps a steady 70rh/68f so I keep my glass tupperwares inside it with 1*65% 60g boveda (roughly 10 sticks as small) and they hold steady at 65rh/68f. That's in a room that'll stay at 80+ in the summer.

My wine fridge keeps a steady 70rh/68f so I keep my glass tupperwares inside it with 1*65% 60g boveda (roughly 10 sticks as small) and they hold steady at 65rh/68f. That's in a room that'll stay at 80+ in the summer.
Perfect. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered today so I can start the process of getting it setup.