• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival

I donated 70% of the cigars I received from the 2012 event and kept the rest for a "second smoke". I did not sign up for the VIP, I couldn't see the extra money so I can't speak to those. I will say that the cigars given were a nice variety and were perfect for someone who was looking to try different cigars. I for one did find a few new brands that I have ordered a few of now that I was able to try them. I think what Jammer meant was don't expect to get 30 cigars that equal whats in your humidor, but that wasn't the goal it was more to give you a sample of things you might add to your favorites list. Plus you have to take into consideration that this community (at least from my point of view) is a very high end community so expecting a bag of "ultra premium" like most of us smoke is unrealistic.

On a side note rmcigarfestival welcome to our community, stop by and introduce yourself in our "welcome" forum and stick around. I did enjoy the 2012 and look forward to the 2013 event.

I think that the perception of Smoker Friendly might be a little off as well. I don't know about where anyone else lives, but here on the Front Range, they have a pretty decent shop, excellent inventory that is kept very well maintained, nice employees, a smoking area and a customer loyalty program. I would actually rather smoke there than at one of the local lounges, but that is just me. They are a good cigar retailer in these parts is all I am saying.

Yeah, Smoker Friendly here in the Carolinas is pretty horrible. Over humidified, poor selection, ignorant staff. The stick I picked up was so damp it wouldn't stay lit for more than 5 minutes.

It's coming around to that time again gentlemen.   I have purchased my plane ticket and pre-ordered my Festival ticket.   Who else is going???  You can get a discounted ticket through today.

Yojimbo said:
Yeah, Smoker Friendly here in the Carolinas is pretty horrible. Over humidified, poor selection, ignorant staff. The stick I picked up was so damp it wouldn't stay lit for more than 5 minutes.

I can tell you that the Smoker Friendly by me In Maryland is a sick joke... The selection is almost nonexistent (I wouldn't buy a stick there if they paid me...) & as @Yojimbo stated, there Staff is ignorant... Kids on phones acting like your being there is an annoyance.

Thank goodness I don't live there. Mine Carries Ligas, Tats, Fuentes just to name a few.

I'll be there Rock, we will get together for a smoke or 7.

There was a herf put on my Drew Estates afterwards last year, hopefully the same is true this time

CJ, don't forget your Ironman suit. Really wish I could join you stalwart mates, but have in-law issues here. At least blow some smoke my way.

Under 6 weeks till the RMCF in Bounder, CO.   Who's coming?

The lucky thing for you is now that you know CJ, it only gets better   :rolleyes:.

But in all seriousness can't wait to meet you.

12 days, have you Colorado folk figured out where we are all meeting up to burn a few during this?