• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel - Edge Maduro

wait, your being serious? They paint it on? or am i just looking like an idiot.

I really like the RP x-outs from Cigars International. Specifically the "Liga B", which is the same as the RP Sungrowns. They run them on special occasionally for $29.95 for 15 stogies..

I've tried both the Sungrown and Liga B.....exact flavor profile between the two.

Kevin

I agree, in 05-06 Edge Maddies were great 5 dollar sticks, but since then they suck ass hardcore.

I did smoke a rocky maduro which I really enjoyed saturday night tailgating..........The I-Press, man I really thought it was a flavorful, solid smoke.

I still have the horrible taste in my mouth. I googled the painted maduro and that is the most disgusting thing ever. Is there a list of sticks like that so I know to avoid? Thanks

And it's a shame cause they smelled so great. But my throat hurts now and every time I think about those gross sticks I almost puke.

Oh, and anyone wanting to try one of these shoot me a pm.......

Painted on maduro!!! WTF? I know I'm new to cigars but that just seems shameless!

Well Mac, If you would have had one a couple of years ago your tune would be changed. All of Rocky's blends to me have gone down hill. He is becoming too big for his britches. :angry: :angry:

IMO, Rocky has the tendency to put a lot of effort into the blend when he first releases a cigar, but forgets about quality once the initial hype is gone. I have had a number of exceptional Rocky's when first released (edge, OWR...) only to follow them up with disappointing examples a year plus after the initial offering. I'm amazed that the hype and praise persists for years after the blends turn to garbage.

Well stated. A few years ago, the Edge Maduro was a damn fine stick, particularly for the price. They've gone downhill lately and I think it's typical to Rocky's product. As nice of a guy as he is - one who I have had the pleasure of meeting on mutliple occasions - he opens with a bang, but as time goes by, the product quality tends to fizzle to a whimper.

I'm wicha. He has the blend, then contracts it out for production, and it is never the same again. I loved the maduro. I stopped smoking them about a year ago. Maybe one day he will learn.

I had the same problem with a Thompson Cigar CO. stick someone gifted me. It was a Churchill, and was so poorly constructed, I couldn't even get a draw on it. Piss poor to say the least

I had the same problem with a Thompson Cigar CO. stick someone gifted me. It was a Churchill, and was so poorly constructed, I couldn't even get a draw on it. Piss poor to say the least

No suprise there Thompson cigars a shit rp