• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rogue

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
I did a little searching and just saw some casual mention of Rogue's beers.

For a long time I hated beer (for as long as I've been in college) but then an acquaintance introduced me to Dead Guy....

This started a downward spiral. I've since fallen in love with all things Rogue. Only beer I didn't like of of theirs is the Red Ale, tasted like soap.

So, what is your favorite Rogue brew?

I'm going to have to say Dead Guy is my fav, followed by the Mocha Porter. I also like their Juniper, and the Chipotle Ale. Interesting stuff!

Also, I believe they produce a Irish Lager, and that was one of the smoothest beer's I've ever had to drink.

For the record, some other fav's (non rogue) are La Fin Du Monde, Pyramid Heffewizen, Arrogant Bastard and that's about it.

So, lets discuss Rogue

To be honest, I find Rogue's beers to be too thin flavored for my tastes. They seem to have a lot of fans though, so to each his own I guess.

Mocha Porter is alright. Their Smoked Ale is repulsive. The idea of having a smoked beer always intrigued me until I drank that. Did I mention repulsive? Overall, I agree with Justin.

Mocha Porter is alright. Their Smoked Ale is repulsive. The idea of having a smoked beer always intrigued me until I drank that. Did I mention repulsive? Overall, I agree with Justin.

Try Stone or Alaskan's Smoked Porter Mick, they're both fantastic.

Sorry for the threadjack Lil Doc.

I myself have enjoyed the Mocha Porter, Chocolate Stout, and Santa's Private Reserve. Other than those not much else..

Don't get turned off by smoked porters...you need to try Alaskan Smoked Porter or Stone Smoked Porter, excellent tasting porters without the overwhelming smokey taste.

ONce in a while when I am in the mood for a thineer beer I always can count on a Dead Guy. The combo of a party short and a dead guy make for an interesting afternoon.

K, off topic real quick but y'all are saying their beers are too thin and to thin flavored?

What have y'all been drinking? I've dove into the world of good beer, so might as well keep trying things recommended to me.

Since you liked the Rogue Porter, some of the best porters out there (IMHO) are from Anchor, Fuller's, and Sierra Nevada. We're right in bock season, so grab some Ayinger Celebrator for a great doppelbock. Read this thread and this thread. That should get you off to a good start.

Their Soba ale(?) is interesting...

My favorite is the Brutal Bitter.

I was in Portland a couple of years ago and visited their brewery and was able to take a tour of the distillery area while the rum-still was running. Good stuff that Rouge Rum.

IMO its one of the most over priced beers on the market. Good but I can find much better stuff for much less.