• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roll call for the hunters out there....

"no telling how old that turtle is, and they will only bite you if you f w/ them, and best tasting of all wild game, , and one of the most "nastious" creatures in nature, , yeah, i'd rather face a polar bear or GW shark than go near a pond w/ a snapping turtle in it, thousands of deaths each year are attributed to snapping turtles "

I knew someone would catch that, after I hit enter I thought, is that even a word. lol As far a being nasty, we always "catch" them, meaning live. Most people I know don't kill them and eat them, we keep them around for a while in a clean pen. No they don't kill, but they do have a serious bite. As for polar bear, never ran into one where I hunt nor GW's where I fish, so I'll take your word for their disposition. And I guess you are right, table fare is an individual assessment. I hear of people eating all kinds of stuff and trying to say how good it is, but I'd never touch it again.

they will take your fingers off, or a really big one can take your hand off, they are nasty critters when cornered. My sarcasm was intended as dry humor, when i re-read my post, i saw that it may be taken the wrong way, my intentions were to be humerous, not insulting. If it came across the wrong way, sorry, that wasn't my intentions.

my 10 yo daughter and i called in a gobbler to 15 yds earlier, she got to see them (there were 3 gobblers) strut, fight, and gobble. The shot scared her a little, but now she's hooked! We sold our son for slave labor, otherwise i'd have some hunting stories w/ him

Gator, no sweat. Congratulations to you and your daughter. Wish I could get mine to go. She's kind of a bunnyhugger, so she doesn't want to see anything killed. But, she doesn't mind a bit with the disposal. lol

Moose, caribou and salmon! (if anyone thinks salmon fishing is not hunting, come visit and see for yourself!!)

Untitled-1.jpg

me and my momma moose 2 years ago - I was lucky enough to get drawn for this hunt, which is extremely limited in numbers of permits and MAXIMIZED in the number of people applying for it. My first permit in 10 years of applying...

No pics of the caribou scanned, but I'll look for them. The first one I did was awesome... tracking a small herd over mountains, creeping and crawling down a dry creekbed, sneaking on belly to get within a decent range, a 200yd shot that dropped it like a sack of potatoes... and packing everything out on mountain bike (hunted in a non-motorized area) - a hunt I measure all others against.
Man.........Jim I'd hate to gut shoot one of those monstrosities.

Another turkey died today, same as the others, 3 yo bird (thought he was older, had a rope beard until i blew most of it off) 1.25" spurs, probably around 21-22#. Should have been a double, but evidently my buddy didn't hear say "on 3".

Here's the bird from today
DSCN0548.JPG

Here's my youngest w/ a bird we got a week or two ago
DSCN0518.JPG

It's about to be prime time here to get the great big-uns as the hens are just about bred, and the gobblers will be hornier than a televangelist in a room full of drunken secretaries.

Another turkey died today, same as the others, 3 yo bird (thought he was older, had a rope beard until i blew most of it off) 1.25" spurs, probably around 21-22#. Should have been a double, but evidently my buddy didn't hear say "on 3".

DSCN0548.JPG

DSCN0518.JPG

It's about to be prime time here to get the great big-uns as the hens are just about bred, and the gobblers will be hornier than a televangelist in a room full of drunken secretaries.
Nice looking birds Frank. Better keep an eye on your girl when the boys start calling.

DSCN0548.JPG

DSCN0518.JPG

Nice looking birds Frank. Better keep an eye on your girl when the boys start calling.

they'll be where the turkey is. I just explained things very clearly to a boy that like one of my 15 yo daughters, i thought we was gonna cry when i used the Bill Engvall line and said "i ain't afraid to go back to prison", he started shaking like a leaf :laugh:
When he left, i did the 'eyes on you' gesture where only he could see it, and he turned pale. Think he gets the message

whitetail deer, bear,turkey with my kids.All types of salt and freshwater fishing.. I have used Angry Fish rigs before...If you want to hook a BIG ONE!! Get it ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN0548.JPG

DSCN0518.JPG

they'll be where the turkey is. I just explained things very clearly to a boy that like one of my 15 yo daughters, i thought we was gonna cry when i used the Bill Engvall line and said "i ain't afraid to go back to prison", he started shaking like a leaf :laugh:
When he left, i did the 'eyes on you' gesture where only he could see it, and he turned pale. Think he gets the message
:laugh: I thought I had it bad with two girls And you have FOUR! :laugh: