• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RTDA Updates

puffstuff

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up of what I saw at the show.
Palio's new cigar "Essencia" is a big winner, tastes like an Illusione except a little richer. His limited production is not hype, this is an excellent cigar.
Padilla and Pepin splitting may have been the best thing for Ernesto. The new Miami is awesome, it tastes like it did on the very first batch. Dark, dark gray ash, great taste and burn and he dropped the price 25%.
Devil's Weed and Pinar Del Rio are both winner's.

Pete (Tatuaje) and I were able to work through all of our troubles and get everything straight. We had a great conversation and both admitted we were a little hard headed. Both of us agreed that now is not the time for dissension in out troubled industry and that it's a time for us younger guys in the industry to come together. We also talked about doing an Ultra small batch cigar to show our unity. Maybe a 100 cigar production with a contest attached to get them out to you guys. I'll keep you posted on that one.

All in all, it was a great show, got to hang out with Rod, Stinki Monki, Alex, Scott (Lkyman) and a bunch of other guys which was a great time. It was nice putting faces to the names. Thanks for the cigars and the great time guys.

Al

I'm excited about the new cigars you mentioned, and some of the others I've heard about coming from the RTDA.

I'm also really glad to hear that you were able to work things out with Pete. While I don't like all of his buisness practices, I sure do love his sticks. I hated to read about the falling out with you two a while back, and I'm glad that things seem headed in a positive direction.

Thanks for the info.

Wow Al! What a great update. I am gratified to hear positive feedback on Ernesto's cigars, as they are in my favorites!
Also happy that things are working out on the Tatuaje front.

Exciting to say the least!

That sounds awesome and I am glad to hear it, Al. I smoked an '07 Pepin Lancero today and wondered why you've been on the quiet side these last few days, with an exception made for the RTDA. So will I get one of these limited release cigars or will mine be given away? :p Take care.

-Mark

Glad you and pete worked your stuff out, he has a great product. Looking forward to the essencia release as well.

Right there with you Al.

The Esencia is totally awesome. One of the best at the show - right along with the Pinar Del Rio.

Pete was a great guy to meet, and was glad to witness the both working things out. :cool:

Scott

I can't wait until the stuff from the RTDA starts hitting the shelves. I really look forward to trying some of the stuff I have heard about.

It's great you and Pete got things squared away.

I'm going to have to pay close attention and see what I'll have to do (or who I need to kill :p ) to get one of these limited run sticks. :D

Thanks for the info... glad you guys hugged it out!

Really great info man! Appreciate ya keeping us in the loop!

Don

If you and Pete have mended your fences, I guess I can put him back on my list. Dion is going to be a tougher sell. I'm smoking one of my Macanudo 1968s and its pretty good too.

Thanks for the solid info Al. And I'm glad you and Pete were able to speak face to face and resolve the issue that stood between you. Being a bit hot-headed and argumentative myself, I'm always pleased to see that others facing similar obstacles can overcome them with professionalism, diplomacy and maturity. It gives me hope that I can do it as well ;)

I look forward to tasting your recommendations. Any chance of a Puffstuff RTDA sampler? :whistling:

- Tim

Al thanks for all the intel. I'm especially glad to hear that you and Pete are moving forward.

Let us know when the cigars are available for sale.

Good news all around Al, glad to hear it...really glad.

Thanks for the update Al! Happy to hear that you and Pete worked out your differences, I have been wanting to try his new line, now I can without guilt.

Ken

Digs on the limited release tat's.....hahaha :)

As everyone stated it is great to hear about all the new products coming out, meeting new people, and kindling old relationships