• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Short Churchill

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
I officially started vacation 1 hr 5 min ago, and figured I'd start it off right, and took one of these out.

While I am one of the smokers who believe that there ARE N/C's as good or better that many Cuban cigars, this is one smoke that would make a believer out of just about about anyone who thinks Cubans are all hype.

Box Code unknown, this was from a 5er of singles I bought last year in Holguin.

Cap was perfect, wrapper was slightly mottled and dark, looked close to a Cohiba Maduro I had a while ago.

Draw, while a little snug at the beginning, opened up to be just about perfect. Smoke was lacking a little at the start, but as soon as the draw opened, it was plentiful.

Burn was perfect and nearly razor sharp the who length.

I'm not one to be able to pick out Alfalfa notes with undertones of Espresso & Chocolate, but this is one seriously flavourful smoke that kept changing throughout.

Me-thinks the cards see a box of these in my near future.

That's all I had to hear!....thanks Jim for your opinion, I was drooling on my keyboard as I read this. So I was up late last night...couldn't sleep... and stared at this stick on and off for over an hour. 'I have a ton of robustos and petite belis, I need a corona or petite corona size for a short morning smoke'....is all I kept repeating to myself...over and over and over.....

Wound up with a box of Trinidad Coloniales.

But, these WILL be next.

Have a great vacation. :cool:

PS....what is the deal with these...some are 'Tubos' in 5pks and some are naked and boxed 10 & 25?

They are great....I'm trying to save my last few from an April '06 box (I think one of the first releases), they just keep getting better and better.

snip....

Have a great vacation. :cool:

PS....what is the deal with these...some are 'Tubos' in 5pks and some are naked and boxed 10 & 25?

Thanks, I will!!!! :whistling: :cool:

I do believe I saw boxes of 25 Tubos last year in Cuba. I bought the nekkid ones, I don't need to pay $2 for a pretty aluminum tube.

I saw the same 5 pack Tubos you spoke of too.

I don't know, but I prefer the tubos go figure?

Enjoy your vacation!

I've got three resting in my humi. Have never tried one, so I need to. Father in law gave me three from a full box. The rest went to his close friend in Atlanta.

If the weather holds up, I may have one this afternoon. This thread has inspired me.

Thanks to you Jim, I took one out from a box I had not visited in over a year................WOW! I would definitely agree with your opinion on the ever changing profile and complexity. What a great cigar.

I've been sitting on a 3 pack of tubos for what seems like forever (i think they are from 4/07) and this isn't making it any easier to not smoke them...

I don't know, but I prefer the tubos go figure?

Enjoy your vacation!

I have smoked about 12 of each and by far I have found that I enjoyed the Tubos more. Interesting to hear someone else say the same thing.