• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Said goodbye to a furry friend today :(

Beth I'm sorry for your loss. Our pets are our family and their leaving us is tragic, but the memories are there to remind us.

Cleaning out the basement recently we found a few of our dogs items and it made me smile.

That really sucks! So sorry to hear. I would just be devastated if I lost my Bully Boy! May the great memories of your buddy bring solace during this time.

Sorry to hear about your loss Beth. Reminds me how short our time with Bogie grows. He's fourteen now.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I'm sure you will carry great memories which I'm sure are priceless.

Bob

I wish you my deepest condolences, losing a Pet is never easy.

R.I.P.

I've got a 13 year old pit bull...Jake. He is 13 years old. He is about blind and has cancer in his throat. I'm putting off the deed as long as I can. I dred the day.

Ya I hear ya Beth! Our two indoor dogs are better behaved than our kids ever were! Fortunately both are under three years old and are looking forward to lots of love with them. If you can do a rescue from a shelter I feel that is way more efficient! All our dogs are rescued dogs, and will do again in the future I'm sure.
Sorry to hear about your pal- Me and the dogs will smoke for buddy!

I share your grief Beth. The wife and I are faced with making that call to our vet for one of our furry friends who is 19 years old. Peace be with you.

Cigarsarge I put off the call for months. It got worse not to call!

I am sorry swifty as well it is a tough thing.

Meanwhile beck at the ranch my sons new puppy chewed my work shoe last night........Perhaps I put the wrong dog down!

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. I'm fond of dogs and have had to take that last walk with dogs who where better friends to me than any people. It's a hard thing to do.

Condolences sent Beth.
I'm sure fatboy is chewing a big bone in doggie heaven!

-Rob

Never easy, I understand completely. Know that happy memories will soon replace the pain.

Indeed they do. I found a handful of VHS-C tapes, the compact VHS used in some early camcorders and decided to have them transcribed as a Christmas present for my wife. All of the tapes were from 10+ years ago. While we did ooooh and aaaaah over the youngsters, the old furniture, and the rest of things gone by, we were both struck by our dog, turning to each other at the same time to savor seeing her again. We put her down in 1999 when she could no longer get up on her own.

Not quite one of the kids, not the same thing as your best friend, but a part of you nevertheless.

Just reading the subject in the forum home made my eyes water. I was not going to light up today. But will have a special one today for Buddy (fatboy).

I had to put Chelsea down last month; she was 12 and helped raise three kids and two adults....I wish I had friends half as loyal as Chelsea...