• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal Review

I also found these cigars to be somewhat in the ballpark of a vsg, though I still find vsg's better imo. These cigars are a nice new addition to the ashton line. I am considering going in on a box with my friend who owns a local b&m in my area. One of my favorite releases for this year.
I had my first this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it! I would love to pick up a few more. Perhaps a group buy is in my future. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reviews. I had been reading a lot about this one and glad there is some experience on it now. :thumbs:

I had my first last night and it wasn't a bad cigar. The first third was overpowered by a curious, unidentifiable flavor. Not really sweet, not really earthy but quite unusual. I can't say as I've ever tasted that in a cigar. The middle third was solid medium strength tobacco and the final third started letting in some harshness.

Overall, this cigar piqued my interest more so for the unidentified flavor than the overall impression. It isn't in the league of a VSG in my opinion. At least not yet. I look forward to trying a few more to see if I can put a tag to that flavor note or to see if it surfaces again.

Wilkey

I had my first tonight, nothing too spectacular in my oppinion, but i can definately taste some chocolate. Maybe a few months will do this cigar more justice. :thumbs: Thanks to RH and Cody for lettin me in on his GB ;)

I just had my second guijaro and thought it was ok. I had something similar to Wilkey's experience. A little harsh at the end with a wierd taste in the middle. Maybe a black coffee with a hint of cinnamon spice? Draw was abit of a struggle at first but started to open up in the middle. Decent smoke but something I would not seek more of. With all these plug issues I might have to invest in a cigar poker.

Had the Classico tonight. Enjoyed it. Had to definitely take my time or a harshness developed. Enjoyed the blend and the flavor. Spicy, earthy, typical Nic tobacco flavor. Good strength. I think time will do these some good. Tasty smoke for sure. Looking to see where they go after sitting in my box for a while.

The first one i tried was the figurado...it was very good for the first half and still enjoyable in the second, but the robusto size i had at my poker herf a couple nights ago was fantastic. Those will be where i put my coin if i decide to splurge on a box.

These are very fresh with hardly any box age. They just need some box time in your humidors.

Smoked a Classico this afternoon, my second one. Very smooth, but with an underlying strength that kicks in at about the halfway point. Reminds me of a VSG a bit, but I find it more balanced and rounded. I wil smoke a few more, but I think I will be buying a box in the near future.

These are very fresh with hardly any box age. They just need some box time in your humidors.

I agree, had the Maestro today. It was a good cigar, but tasted very young to me.

Got one of these resting in the humi right now, and I am really looking forward to it. Got too many smokes right now that I haven't tried, and I don't know where to start anymore.
B

The first one i tried was the figurado...it was very good for the first half and still enjoyable in the second, but the robusto size i had at my poker herf a couple nights ago was fantastic. Those will be where i put my coin if i decide to splurge on a box.

PM sent

Got one of these resting in the humi right now, and I am really looking forward to it. Got too many smokes right now that I haven't tried, and I don't know where to start anymore.
B

Isn't that one of lives joys!! To have so many smokes that you don't even know where to start enjoying them! May we always be blessed with such difficulty!! :thumbs:

Just finished a clasico....my first one in this line. Had a crappy day a work, figured I try one of these that's been sitting for about a month. Great construction and burn. Tons of smoke. Initially pretty strong spice, but certainly mellowed after first half inch.

I agree with everyone who says they need to sit for a while. I think they have a lot more potential but certainly not complaining.

Thx
Bob

Smoked my first one tonight (robusto)...very nice and had a great flavor profile. Want more!

-Fetter

This stick gets a double thumbs up from me smoked a few of them in the states and enjoyed every one.

hi guys
i'm new here...but looking at your pics...you are smoking fakes i'm sorry to say...they are not san cristobal cigars...will upload pics of the genuine article when I have time.....cheers