• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sanity Check

Marito

Just a quick informal poll/sanity check to see if I am the only Northeast @#$hole standing outside in sub-freezing weather to herf as I am doing now . It's 18 degrees and I am trying to suck down a Opus Power Ranger as I write this and freeze. Anyone else?

I've been known to be on the porch swing with my laptop and a sleeping bag when it is below 10 degrees. It's not too bad then.

Bundle up!

I hate it when there is only two options.
Not Smoke
Freeze and Smoke
I think I still take the second.
:D

Marito said:
Just a quick informal poll/sanity check to see if I am the only Northeast @#$hole standing outside in sub-freezing weather to herf as I am doing now . It's 18 degrees and I am trying to suck down a Opus Power Ranger as I write this and freeze. Anyone else?
[snapback]160764[/snapback]​
y'know, there are times when I envy you folks who live in places that actually experience seasons. and then there are times when I don't...like tonight when I grab a smoke, go out to my garage in my t-shirt, jeans and sandals and open the garage for some cool, fresh air, click on my t.v. or grab a good CD and listen to some tunes, and puff like I do in july!
...all while I thank myself for settling down in a seasonless so-cal coastal town! :thumbs:

(umm...I think me rubbing that in makes me the west coast a$$hole! sorry, marito!)

as for your informal poll/sanity check- yeah, I vote that you're insane! :p

58 degrees outside today for me, had an awesome smoke. :D :D :D We should start a cigar polar bear club and have a contest to see who smokes what at the lowest temp, :D :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky people in warm areas! Low was 5 degrees last night. I haven't smoked in 2 weeks!

SFG75 said:
58 degrees outside today for me, had an awesome smoke. :D :D :D We should start a cigar polar bear club and have a contest to see who smokes what at the lowest temp, :D :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]160772[/snapback]​

That would be unfair Scott , with you haveing that heater and all, you must of had it turned on today if it got up to 58 degrees ;)

I usually smoke one in the car on the way home from work when it is this cold but I was outside 2 nights ago shoveling snow in 8 degree weather smoking a Don Kiki 2000. It held up remarkably well for over an hour.

Marito said:
[snapback]160764[/snapback]​

Not me -- I hit the cigar club. Not worth it to me to freeze my balls off.

If you can't go without a cigar until you can get to a warm place, then you are addicted. Now, if you can't wait to get ot a warm place to ORDER cigars, that's OK.

I must be an addict. although i dont know of any cigar friendly places where I'm at.

Why don't you just fire up the hot tub, like I do? :D

I just LOVE my hot tub! :love:

30 degrees on my front yesterday... wasn't too bad for the first 40 minutes, but the last 20 kicked my ass. My hands were shwking and numb from the cold when I got back inside -- the kind numb where they start aching after about 5 minutes.

It was good tho...

I'll brave the Idaho winter weather at least once or twice a week, but I can't wait for spring, that's fer damn sure.

I smoked recently at about 20 degrees a few nights ago, and I try to stay away from the bigger sticks for fear of frostbite.

It would be hard for me to enjoy a smoke when it's that cold. You'll be enjoying your smoke when I'll be puffing as fast as I can when it's 110 degrees outside this summer.

If it's above 0deg., I'll enjoy a cigar or two.

Heck, have been known to do it in neg. weather too.

:thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
I some inside so I don't care what the outside temperature is.
[snapback]160840[/snapback]​

Last time I checked, "some" was not a verb.

tz tz tz tz, what has this world come to?

busted! :p

Oh man, I can see standing outside and suffering through a cigarillo, maybe even a demitasse. But a good quality smoke like an Opus? I would not be able to enjoy the experience at all. Grab a fumas or something....but an Opus??? ??? :0 :0 :0

I don't think enough flavor would come through to smoke a good cigar outside. To me it is the sense of leisure and good life that makes cigar smoking attractive. But I am lucky. I have my truck and JR's on work days and Schlesingers weekends and evenings. All great havens from the cold.