• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Satchmo Had His First Opus X Today

I hope the feeling returns to his fingers soon. So he can tell us how it was. :whistling:

Baron

I have a couple of them sitting in my humidor I haven't got around to trying yet. I guess that I'm just waiting for a special occasion to smoke one. What would you guys compair them to, are they stronger than a chisel?

Satchmo, where are you? I want to hear what you thought? I've only had a couple opus, but I have a power ranger waiting in the humi for a special occasion (thanks Swissy!!!).

I have a couple of them sitting in my humidor I haven't got around to trying yet. I guess that I'm just waiting for a special occasion to smoke one. What would you guys compair them to, are they stronger than a chisel?

I would compare it to slamming your head in a door, or maybe a kick in the jimmy from David Beckham, and then it finished off with a slight hint of a thumb in the eye :thumbs:

I was wondering if Wade was going to let this one go, I guess he is the one who was gracious enough to give the cigar, he should be able to bask in the glory of the ass woopin' I recieved.

I'm not sure if I should start out with the excuses, or finish with them. Here goes.

Talked to Wade earlier this week and we talked a bout getting together for a little herf on his home turf. We ended with around fifteen people herfin' on Saturday. Very awesome group of guys. I haven't had that kind of mindless chatter and jouvenille discussion in a while. I can't wait to do it again :cool: It was an awesome day.

I had two cigars, and was feeling the effects a bit, so we had grabbed slice of pizza and headed back. Wade got right into his 8th or 9th stick, and I was sitting there appreciating Beth's sweater puppets from "Dog The Bountyhunter". So Wade throws that cute little, iddy biddy Power Ranger. Hell, how bad can a cigar be if it's named after a kids toy.

Well, I was starting to feel a bit better. So I pulled the cello and band of the foot, and got the feel of it for a bit. Wade was laughing at me asking if I was going to smoke it or not. I cut it and tested the draw. It was an impressive little cigar. The taste of the unlit cigar let you know something was happeining (kind of light the background music befor Freddie Krueger pops out of the closet). After appreciating the cigar, and enjoying the moment, I put fire to the beast.

I was reclined in a nice leather chair in the lounge. Very comfy. All my hands and feet were inside the ride. Seat belt was fastened. Let's get it on!!!

This cigar has alot of different flavors. I could never understand the metallic flavor people had described, but not I know. The first few hits had exactly that. After that it really leveleded. Very tasty stick, with a great draw and construction. Every puff, I was waiting for the smack upside the head. It didn't really smack me upside the head, but more of a sneak attack. After and inch and half. I could tell something wasn't quite right in Quade's world. Wade was laughing cuz I started out taking a drag every minute or so. Then it was a couple of minutes, then there could have been spans of 5 or more. You'll have to ask Wade because it was a bit hazy for me :laugh:

I got out of the recliner to go to the door and get a breath of fresh. I felt like I was learning to walk for the first time. Shake legs and wozy. Yowzers!! I made it througha LFD DL 700 from Twain, and a Camacho Legendario. I thought I had made it through some of the worst, but the Power Ranger dwarfed those other two, IMHO.

I unfortunately cannot finish the review as that is as far as I got through the cigar. I honestly could not go one. I was just green!!! I had apologized to Wade for not finishing the cigar, but he said it was worth it just to watch my sorry ass. Glad you enjoyed it, buddy :D

I'm down but not out. I'm going to ask for a rematch. I think I can take the Power Ranger this time. I never understood what people were talking about with cigars, as I was buzzing from the LFD 700, but this was a new realm......

Quade

Wade and I have herfed three or four times now. We always bring our cameras, and we never take any pictures!! BUT, the asspipe FINALLY takes my camera out and pops one picture of me in the lounger with the green ranger. I haven't checked it out yet, but I may finally have my sig tag...........

(I'm sure a baboon's ass looks better the way I was feeling, I'm curious to see it!!)

Quade

I was ROFLMFAO 2. Especially when Wade told me. It took everything I had to not call and raz you a little Satchmo. Maybe I'll make it up to you with an AVO 80th. hehehehe

Baron

Shoot, Quade! I had a range of Opus that you could pick from, but I guess I'll just bring some Gisperts or something to meet you here in Denver. :sign:

I was ROFLMFAO 2. Especially when Wade told me. It took everything I had to not call and raz you a little Satchmo. Maybe I'll make it up to you with an AVO 80th. hehehehe

Baron

Yeah, it was pricless. I'm still trying to figure out why I go to smoke that asshat. I sat down for two seconds and he hands me a lighter wired for about 50,000 volts and makes me wet myself. Then he ends the night with the Green Ranger. What are friends for!!!! :laugh:

What, did Wade call everyone up after I left? I'm afraid to look at the board on Cbid. I'm sure Blackie is having a field day :laugh:

It was nice seeing again Baron. Say hellow to Tank, also. Heck of a guy.

Shoot, Quade! I had a range of Opus that you could pick from, but I guess I'll just bring some Gisperts or something to meet you here in Denver. :sign:

Opus bad!!! Opus cause pain!! How bout this idea, Bruce. I'll trade you for a Opus, and then I'll smoke it at the top of a 14er my sister and I hike up!! Maybe I can give myself a stroke!!

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys in April.

Quade

That's it. You bastards are off the xmas card list......

Whatchya doin' Saturday?