• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Satchmo Had His First Opus X Today

Shoot, Quade! I had a range of Opus that you could pick from, but I guess I'll just bring some Gisperts or something to meet you here in Denver. :sign:
I think Gisperts or Macanoodles would be fine for Quade! :sign:

So, you're telling me I'm better of aging those Sig VI's instead of pounding 'em down and forgeting where I am? :laugh:

Quadio

Lets just say that the next time I'm at the gas station and see a package of Backweeds I may have to pick a few up for you! ;)

Great review of the experience Satchmo! :thumbs:

I never understood the pleasure of smoking something that makes you feel terrible.

I never understood the pleasure of smoking something that makes you feel terrible.

It is safe to say that I was not ready for that stick. It had beautifull flavor, and draw. I just need to be in a bit better cigar smoking shape.

I'm going to go on a three week training regiment ending with french inhaling LFDs to prepare for the rematch. I'll have to track another one of those little bastards down in a couple months :thumbs:

edited for spelling

Nice one!

Don't forget - a coke-a-cola or some sugar under the tongue will help with the wooozies!!

It is safe to say that I was not ready for that stick. It had beautifull flavor, and draw. I just need to be in a bit better cigar smoking shape.

I'm going to go on a three week training regiment ending with french inhaling LFDs to prepare for the rematch. I'll have to track another one of those little bastards down in a couple months :thumbs:

edited for spelling
If you decide to just give it up. Let me know, I think I have some Macanudo Gold's that I can send your way.
I hear they are like smoking flavored air. :laugh:

Don't feel too bad about it Satchmo.
My first Power Ranger also kicked me to the curb...

Smoked that bad boy on an empty stomach. I got down to an inch left before I realized I had made a mistake.
Had to lay down for almost 2 hours before I felt right again... :laugh:

Satchmo, I know how you must of felt. I had my first Opus last thursday and it kicked my ass like no other cigar I've ever had.

It was a Perfecxion No.4 and it started off great, I could feel a mild nicotine rush coming on and it felt good... Then out of nowhere it hit me like a wall, I felt as if I was huffing paint. I was fine until I finished smoking (I nubbed it) and then I crashed. Great cigar, I look forward to the next one, but I'll know what to expect.

Now I need to get my hands on a Power Ranger...

Satchmo, I know how you must of felt. I had my first Opus last thursday and it kicked my ass like no other cigar I've ever had.

It was a Perfecxion No.4 and it started off great, I could feel a mild nicotine rush coming on and it felt good... Then out of nowhere it hit me like a wall, I felt as if I was huffing paint. I was fine until I finished smoking (I nubbed it) and then I crashed. Great cigar, I look forward to the next one, but I'll know what to expect.

Now I need to get my hands on a Power Ranger...

x2

I couldn't even nub mine.

Don't feel too bad about it Satchmo.
My first Power Ranger also kicked me to the curb...

Smoked that bad boy on an empty stomach. I got down to an inch left before I realized I had made a mistake.
Had to lay down for almost 2 hours before I felt right again... :laugh:

Hey don't worry. There weren't any tears shed. I won't be gun shy, I'm just going to need a better game plan. And next time big brother Wade says, "Hey try this!!" I'll have to think twice about what I'm about to do :laugh:

It was quite the experience and made for a good story. :thumbs:

Quade

No machismo here guys, but do really think Power Rangers are THAT strong. I split a box with a friend over the holidays and have smoked them all and power is not an adjective I would use to describe them.

Doc.

No machismo here guys, but do really think Power Rangers are THAT strong. I split a box with a friend over the holidays and have smoked them all and power is not an adjective I would use to describe them.

Doc.

I'd say you have your sea legs, Doc. :thumbs:

Doc.

I've gotta agree with you Doc, while the Power Rangers are tasty, they aren't that strong.

Some of the La Flors however...

My first OpusX was a Power Ranger also. It kicked my butt real good. The flavor and draw were excellent! My problem was, I smoked it like there was no tomorrow. I think if I had taken it nice and slow, I would have been alright.

On another note, a friend of mine had the Power Ranger as his first OpusX with no ill effects. After he was done, he asked me for more! :laugh:

So it looks like some people can handle it better than others.

I love the xXx - my fav OpusX- ... but I do need a full tummy to smoke them. But then again, I need that for most cigars.

I don't see them as a powerhouse, just rather tasty. I get more of a buzz from the LFD Dbl. Ligero Lanceros than I do fro the xXx.