• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saw the new house!

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Reaction score
As alot of you may know, our family is in the process of moving into a new home. Our closing date is next Thursday April 13th. Yesterday we had our pre-delivery inspection of the house and I'm happy to say everything went well! The interior was finished and had only minor issues that needed to be corrected, a few paint touch-ups, some windows that needed to be replaced. The exterior also has some minor things to finish off but all in all we're really happy with the results!

So as of next week I'll have a new mailing address and a brand new area to call my "smoking room!" With the weather changing to spring and higher temps on the way, I'll be able to enjoy some more smokes in the peace and quiet of my own place. Perhaps I'll even invite over some friends, drink cappuccinos and smoke some cigars.

Just wanted to spread the good news to the board!

he's just fishing for some house warming gifts LOL

Congrats. The pics you showed us probably dont do that house any justice!

I'll have a series of pics once we move in to show the interior. One more week to go! Thanks for the well-wishes guys -- even jabba!

Your new to the Hill so I gotta razz you like I would any freshman! Come by for a smoke... I got a CAO with your name on it! LOL Congrats buddy!

Congrats on the new home Zeeb! I use to live in Richmond Hill , condo behind that mall at Steeles/DVP when i went to Seneca College in '87. Man things sure look different there now. Enjoy your new home! :) Ciao

Ed

Congrats on the new home Zeeb! I use to live in Richmond Hill , condo behind that mall at Steeles/DVP when i went to Seneca College in '87. Man things sure look different there now. Enjoy your new home! :) Ciao

Ed

Steeles/DVP = Richmond Hill?

I thought that was Thornhill

Ed

Jabba is correct, Richmond Hill begins at Highway 7. Close but no cigar Sunward! :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jabba is correct, Richmond Hill begins at Highway 7. Close but no cigar Sunward! :)
[/quote]

So his is, i knew i shouldnt have taken mind altering substances in college :laugh:

The interior was finished and had only minor issues that needed to be corrected, a few paint touch-ups, some windows that needed to be replaced. The exterior also has some minor things to finish off but all in all we're really happy with the results!

This is very important and I cannot stress this enough! Don't let anything go as a minor flaw or as not being a big deal. I'm sure you spent a hefty sum on that house, and it needs to be perfect when you walk in the door at closing. It might even be worth it to hire a home inspector to do a walk-through with you to point out any minor imperfections or things that might not be quite right. And then I assume the builder probably has a one year warranty on minor defects and such, so you should keep a list of anything that you notice, no matter how minor, to give them at your one year inspection. If you give these people a centimeter they'll take a kilometer! (see how I did the metric conversion?)

Enjoy the new house! It looks great!

The interior was finished and had only minor issues that needed to be corrected, a few paint touch-ups, some windows that needed to be replaced. The exterior also has some minor things to finish off but all in all we're really happy with the results!

This is very important and I cannot stress this enough! Don't let anything go as a minor flaw or as not being a big deal. I'm sure you spent a hefty sum on that house, and it needs to be perfect when you walk in the door at closing. It might even be worth it to hire a home inspector to do a walk-through with you to point out any minor imperfections or things that might not be quite right. And then I assume the builder probably has a one year warranty on minor defects and such, so you should keep a list of anything that you notice, no matter how minor, to give them at your one year inspection. If you give these people a centimeter they'll take a kilometer! (see how I did the metric conversion?)

Yeah don't worry Gonz, there's a 30-day form we can fill out for any defects we see during the month, and a 1 year and 2 year form as well. We'll be able to look at every room with a fine comb as we're living there, although I'm confident that there are no "showstoppers" so to speak. My sister in law also bought from the same builder 2 years ago, and her experience has been a good one. Thanks for the advice though!

Congrats Zeebra! Guess what? I'll be doing the same thing very shortly (within 2 weeks time, I hope!). The whole process was brand new to me and I was one of those anal retentive soon to be home owners taking pictures and video all along the way. Our new build is just being finalized, and the pre-closing inspection will be hopefully very soon. I'm uber excited and know exactly what you are feeling at the moment. Sadly, however, I won't have a smoking room in the house however I will have a smoke hut outside!!! Just have to either build one or have one pre-constructed for me.

Either way, congrats! Would love to see some pictures!

Darren :thumbs:

Congratulations, Zee! This is big step in life and I wish you and your family all the best.

I expect to see pictures of the inaugural smoke on your balcony. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Yeah don't worry Gonz, there's a 30-day form we can fill out for any defects we see during the month, and a 1 year and 2 year form as well. We'll be able to look at every room with a fine comb as we're living there, although I'm confident that there are no "showstoppers" so to speak. My sister in law also bought from the same builder 2 years ago, and her experience has been a good one. Thanks for the advice though!

Thats my job I'am a warranty service manager for a builder here in Indiana,If you have any questions let me know.One note be sure and look over the place good and get it down on the 30 day list because they will use that list as referance on the 1 year also.A home inspection is a very good suggestion its worth the money. Let me know if I can help.
brady