• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

School board fires coach

emodx said:
Maybe the coach didn't clear it through the Principal or Athletic Director? I cant' believe any of the school board members were smart enough to catch that. What a bunch of idiots. I wonder if any other parents at the meeting didn't call the other parents ****ing idiots.

Emo
From what I understand the schools general code is less strict than the one the coach implemented. However, it is not uncomon to hold athletes to a higher standard. Getting an education is a right, playing sports in school is a privilege. Athletes are expected to maintain a certain GPA, complete certain core courses, pass a physical etc., so holding them to a more strict code is not out of line. Besides, no one complained when they signed the contract.

Even if the school board thought he was unreasonable with his requirement, they could have just told him to change the code and let him keep his job.

Bruce

PS, I will keep you all informed as events play out.

Very interesting thread.

These parents are the same people that sit around and complain about what this world has become. They wonder why their kids live at home till their 30's, won't get a job, or be responsible. They wonder why little Sally has a drug problem, or how little Billy ended up going to prison...

For what its worth. In Ohio schools get paid almost 5,000 a yr for each student. That is money that is mostly federal. It gets cut for excessive days missed and expulsions, and retaining a child. So if you do what is right , well ...... :(
Its pretty much the same all over as far as I know. :(

I deal with this BS at work. I'm the OPS/Project Manager at a medium sized construction company in South Florida. I have a few 20 something brats on the payroll that haven't seen "hard times" yet. One of the "brats" I needed to work on a Saturday to complete the work he started just threw a fit. This guy starts pissing and moaning that "He wasn't given enough notice that he had to work Saturday so he couldn't". I advised him of the employee handbook that clearly states "overtime is mandatory when assigned" and advised if he didn't show up he would be suspended without pay. So what did this little POS do? Calls the President of the company and cries, cries, cries until the President calls me at 6pm Friday night to give this kid a "hall pass"!!! So now I have to call one of our largest customers and say "I can't get my guy to work on Saturday". Also, I must point out we haven't won another contract from this customer since!!

I'm tired! To hell with all these cry babies and excuse makers. If your the parent, kid, boss, whoever. Your making a bad situation worse when you tolerate this type of sh*t!

Needless to say you will notice a change of address for me real soon. More to be posted later ;) edit: physical address. I'm not leaving cigarpass :love:

fllbrent said:
I deal with this BS at work. I'm the OPS/Project Manager at a medium sized construction company in South Florida. I have a few 20 something brats on the payroll that haven't seen "hard times" yet. One of the "brats" I needed to work on a Saturday to complete the work he started just threw a fit. This guy starts pissing and moaning that "He wasn't given enough notice that he had to work Saturday so he couldn't". I advised him of the employee handbook that clearly states "overtime is mandatory when assigned" and advised if he didn't show up he would be suspended without pay. So what did this little POS do? Calls the President of the company and cries, cries, cries until the President calls me at 6pm Friday night to give this kid a "hall pass"!!! So now I have to call one of our largest customers and say "I can't get my guy to work on Saturday". Also, I must point out we haven't won another contract from this customer since!!

I'm tired! To hell with all these cry babies and excuse makers. If your the parent, kid, boss, whoever. Your making a bad situation worse when you tolerate this type of sh*t!

Needless to say you will notice a change of address for me real soon. More to be posted later ;) edit: physical address. I'm not leaving cigarpass :love:
Hear, Hear!

Exactly what I was getting at in my previous post. This behavior will follow them their whole lives if we let it. It's bull****. When I was a kid ANY adult in the neighborhood had the authority to discipline me if I was screwing up. Teachers could still take a paddle to me, and I minded them because of it. Now it's a joke. And these kids grow up thinking life is a joke and that the world owes them something.

My question is this. How do we change it back?

Crawdad said:
fllbrent said:

Hear, Hear!

Exactly what I was getting at in my previous post. This behavior will follow them their whole lives if we let it. It's bull****. When I was a kid ANY adult in the neighborhood had the authority to discipline me if I was screwing up. Teachers could still take a paddle to me, and I minded them because of it. Now it's a joke. And these kids grow up thinking life is a joke and that the world owes them something.

My question is this. How do we change it back?
You get it back by making public service mandatory for 2 years. But that idea is from Plato in his philosophies in The Republic. Once one does work to make this country better, then I think they get to see the whole picture and how it applies to them. Public service can be a number of different things. But the first thing it should be is a sacrifice of time. Weather that be 2 years in the Armed forces, 2 years as a teacher, or policeman, fireman, public utilities, etc... Or 2 years volunteer service for charities, community programs; or as a coach, ref, organizer for youth sports. Only after you have sacrificed your time to make the country better, will you truely get it. I know this borders on political conversations, but I personally think it is more philosophical. I don't want people to debate anything in the post. Just take it as face value of my philosophical beliefs.

Emo