Scotch & Irish reviews, links & info

Eric Cioe

I'm a brand new member here and after using your Scotch reviews for a year or so, I thought I'd finally take some time to thank you for the time, labor, and dollars you have saved me. Of course our tastes probably differ but as sort of a first filter your reviews are the best I've found online. Anyway, thanks again.

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Thank you for the kind words. I hope to see your input on some of the review threads in the future.

I'm a brand new member here and after using your Scotch reviews for a year or so, I thought I'd finally take some time to thank you for the time, labor, and dollars you have saved me. Of course our tastes probably differ but as sort of a first filter your reviews are the best I've found online. Anyway, thanks again.

Jamie76

Have you ever had the chance to try Parker's 27 YO bourbon? I have never heard of it before, but came upon it while searching through reviews on a whisky/whiskey site. It's a pretty expensive drink ($150 and up).

srnadel

Have you ever had the chance to try Parker's 27 YO bourbon? I have never heard of it before, but came upon it while searching through reviews on a whisky/whiskey site. It's a pretty expensive drink ($150 and up).
The 27yr is a great bourbon. It's the second release in the series. The third release, Golden Anniversary, was named "American Whiskey of the Year".

http://www.whatdoesjohnknow.com/2010/02/03/malt-advocate-whisky-awards-american-whiskey-of-the-year-parkers-heritage-collection-golden-anniversary-bourbon/

Jamie76

The 27yr is a great bourbon. It's the second release in the series. The third release, Golden Anniversary, was named "American Whiskey of the Year".

http://www.whatdoesjohnknow.com/2010/02/03/malt-advocate-whisky-awards-american-whiskey-of-the-year-parkers-heritage-collection-golden-anniversary-bourbon/
Thanks Seth. Ya, I think that is where I first read about it.

Greggj77

Last night had a nice healthy dram of Laphroaig 10yr Cask Strength.

I gotta say, this stuff is good. It is fast becoming one of my favorites. It took me a little while but, the Islay Malts have really gotten a hold of me. The Laphroaig and Lagavulin 16yo are right at the top of my list. :thumbs:

turboSmoker

Just wanted to post a thank you AVB. I am a bourbon guy and had a great time reading through your reviews of some of my favorites (and not so favorites). And your scotch reviews make me want to go out and buy a bottle (not usually a scotch drinker). It's nice to see reviews that appreciate both the finest and more humble offerings for what they are - the sign of a true whiskey lover. Keep up the good work!

AVB

New American Whiskey review posted: Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon

AVB

New American Whiskey review posted. Maker's Mark 46 Kentucky Bourbon Whisky

carddoug

Banned
Black maple hills 23 yoear old and four roses single barrel. 1 of each lol. sorry wrong forum, im really dizzy right now lol.

This might come in handy with Ray's Word doc
http://www.esquire.com/features/drinking/scotch-pronunciation-guide-5836909

AVB

I posted a phonetic guide quite some time ago. I should see if there are any real differences between mine and this one.

Dozerhead

Hey AVB, I was wondering if you have had the opportunity to try the Laphroaig Càirdeas-Ileach Edition coming out this year. It is supposed to be available in America. I think it is only an 8 year old single malt, but I was still curious what you impression was of this particular Scotch. Thanks :thumbs:

AVB

I haven't seen it in my part of the US yet. It is in NJ but not MD,DE,PA or VA that I know of.