• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search is Your Friend Newb (5th Anni Contest)

I think I've read some of that somewhere before... ;) :p

Ok, guys, if you can't even get numbers 11 and 12, just say your tearful goodbyes and leave.

Smokin'Sims said:
My 5th anniversary on CP is coming up on the 20th of this month. To celebrate, I'm having a contest. This is open to all newbs who have joined between Feb 20th 2012 and 2013. The winner will receive a nice 5er of cigars and sharpen their search skills (I hope). Normal limitations of no asshattery apply.This will run until Feb 20th or until all questions are answered successfully. All questions are worth one point. In the event that there are no winners before the deadline and a tie in the highest score, winner will be determined by a random draw of the tying parties. Buena Suerte!

1) For which CP member’s birthday was this image used?
nigel_638.jpg

2) With whom was my first herf?

3) What is one of Ray’s top smokes?

4) Name 4 people I met at a beer festival in the Chicago
area.

5) How did I win a few cigars at the Texas Cigar Festival?

6) What is the most western part of the US I have been?

7) Who hosted the first pass in which I participated?

8) Who was "called out" into finally posting an intro?

9) Which member sent another a safe as a bomb, and who was
the recipient?

10) Who inspired this search contest?

Smokin'Sims said:
You should try Ray's Impossible Trivia contest.

Another aspect and goal of this contest is to have you see some of the older history of CP. Many times when I search I look at the first few answers and don't go much further. Many of these answers are from old post. Some even pre-date my arrival. I think it is important to have some knowledge of things that have happened before to gain some insight into why things are the way they are. To that end, I'll add two more questions, then give some hints.

11. Who is #1 and #2?
12. What is the Pembroke rule?

Hints. In no particular order with respect to questions:

1. You have already found the thread to answer one of your questions.
2. I was involved in "Calling out" this member of the Houston Crew.
3. For number 5 you could also guess the 3 CP members I won the stick from.
4. I used favorite as an equivalent to best ever, perhaps not the best choice of words. This is also bomb related.
5. I've also been to Hawaii and not all parts of Alaska are further west than Hawaii.
6. Things have happened repeatedly around here, such as the Little Boy concrete bomb, you have found the latest installment of something that happened before.
7. Dig deep into my history to find some answers. You can use the date filter to help.

Ok, here goes. I know I don't have 'em all, but maybe I can make a dent. I have to say 'Smokin'Sims'... This is a tough contest. I haven't had a whole lot of time to search, but lets see how I did?
ANSWERS:
#1) Souldog
#2) Les Nessman, Memphis '09
#3) Padron '64
#4) Denverdog, Alextgp, Sac, IBQTEE1
#5) didn't go to Texas/Canceled trip
#6) Kauai, HI
#7) Jonsey
#8)Audikraut
#9) Beyond the Band to Tall Paul
#10) Jonsey
#11) #1=Rod, #2= Backslide
#12) Pembroke rule: "if you post that you're done with CP, your account will be permanently blocked" as per Rod Aug '10

Hope I at least got a few?

Five are right. There are no tricks and thread titles are not the end all of the thread. By now you should have seen a thread that got derailed into something else. Getting better. I've got a Hemmingway SG and a LP A in e the mix, if you work hard enough. An Opus and Anejo and some nice sticks, if you don't.

Ok, back to work. Glad I made some headway, I'll post again tomorrow. Thanks for the hints, too!

My eyes are burning from reading but then again, guess that's the point :) Interesting stuff. I know I still don't have the answers but I'm going to take another stab at some of them:

1)  Souldog24ca
 2)  Lucasbuck
 3) 
 4)  Denverdog, Alexgtp, Sac, IBQTEE1
 5)
 6)Kauai, Hawaii
 7)  jonesy
 8)
 9)  Napa_Smokes, Kingantz
10)
11) Rod, Backslide
12) Not sure yet but know he made the scumbag list

Tryin' a little strategy here....

@kann: You're in K-town?! I went to 4-7th grades there many moons ago.

AshesTwoAshes said:
My eyes are burning from reading but then again, guess that's the point :) Interesting stuff. I know I still don't have the answers but I'm going to take another stab at some of them:

1)  Souldog24ca
 2)  Lucasbuck
 3) 
 4)  Denverdog, Alexgtp, Sac, IBQTEE1
 5)
 6)Kauai, Hawaii
 7)  jonesy
 8)
 9)  Napa_Smokes, Kingantz
10)
11) Rod, Backslide
12) Not sure yet but know he made the scumbag list

Tryin' a little strategy here....

@kann: You're in K-town?! I went to 4-7th grades there many moons ago.
Good job with the persistence!  

We're stationed at Ramstein, but live in a little village about 11 km NW of the base.  My daughter is in 7th grade at RMS right now.  Did you go downtown or on one of the KMC installations when you were here as a kid?

Kann, I was born in Stuttgart then came to the US. Later lived in Frankfurt & went to kindergarten there (military schools not german). We moved stateside, then K-town and the Army schools there. We lived in Rodenbach for the first few months before getting housing. Stateside again followed by a trip to Darmstadt. I had to bus from there to Frankfurt for my high school years. I know they've converted my old high school into something else since then.

Love the contest, wish I had more free time for it.

Ok thanks. It's not easy trying this on my cell while at work but did manage to find one more that I don't have listed.

Tough one here.....really gotta use the search on a few of these!

I saw the unedited post and no problem with some help. As a further hint, #1 did the most awesome trade/bomb I have ever seen. If I recall correctly, it was blind trade for cigars between him and other members of CP, but he also added money for the significant other to buy themselves something. These bits of CP history should be known.

Also, I'm extending the deadline to Midnight on the 28th. This will give the industrious another week-end to work on it.

Even though I edited my post, if they're smart, they should still recognize the help!

LOL Jonesy... I love the new avatar pic I was wondering what happened to the last one!

Smokin said:
I saw the unedited post and no problem with some help. As a further hint, #1 did the most awesome trade/bomb I have ever seen. If I recall correctly, it was blind trade for cigars between him and other members of CP, but he also added money for the significant other to buy themselves something. These bits of CP history should be known.

Also, I'm extending the deadline to Midnight on the 28th. This will give the industrious another week-end to work on it.

I read this thread a while back and you are right thing like this should be around forever. There is a lot of history that should be know of and this contest brings a lot to the surface once again. 

Thanks for running this,
Paul

Not sure what happened to the last one Paul. Seemed like every time I logged in and made a post, my avatar was just a small box with an "x" in it. Guess I never should have taken Kat off to start with. She had been my avatar from the time I joined until I changed it a few weeks back.

Ok, so it's after midnight here in Pittsburgh and I got home from work about an hour ago. Here's my updated list:

1)  Souldog24ca
2)  Lucasbuck
3)  Ghurka
4)  Denverdog, Alexgtp, Sac, IBQTEE1
5)  Joebunaga, Chiefmd, Audi_Kraut  (this one still eludes me)
6)  Aleutian Islands, Alaska
7)  Jonesy
8)  Sar127
9)  jfields to Swissy & AVB
10) AVB
11)Infinity, Jonesy
12) If you say you're leaving CP, then you stay gone. (Pembroke3355-banned)

p.s. Happy Anniversary!

(edit: added p.s; removed an opening sentence)

Wow ashes... Great job!

Here's my try for today:

1) Souldog
2) Lucasbuck
3) Ghurka
4) Denverdog, Alextgp, Sac, IBQTEE1
5) Chiefmd, Siriusstogie, Astrobeerman
6) Alaska
7) Jonesy
8) Sar127-("grow a pair") Mar'12
9) Tall Paul to Jfields-Newbie war '12
10) Nice_Ashh- July'07
11) Rod #1, Jonesy # 2
12) Pembroke Rule: "If you say your leaving CP, your account will be permanently blocked" as per Rod Aug '10