• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Selected for Staff Sergeant

Congrats on the promotion. Hopefully it comes sooner than later! Keep up the good work and thanks for serving! :thumbs:

Floyd T.

Easy enough to look up in the Marcorppromman:

2. The frocking of SNCOs will be approved only under unusual circumstances
that make it clearly in the best interests of the Marine Corps. These
circumstances normally include Marines in one of the following categories:
a. Permanently assigned as the principal enlisted assistant to the
commander.
b. Permanently serving on a joint staff or similar type duty where a
selected SNCO may be either denied privileges afforded other service enlisted
that are frocked, or could be placed in a situation of having to work for
another service's enlisted person, who is frocked, but actually junior to the
Marine in question.
c. Permanently serving in a billet that requires significant external
liaison responsibilities with other services or Government agencies.

Thanks for the Congrats everyone!!! I'll let you know when I actually pin it on...

Congrats man! Any chance you will be "frocked"?

Congrats Michael, way to get promoted and continue to move up the line...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Thanks for the Congrats everyone!!! I'll let you know when I actually pin it on...

Nope.. No frocking in my future. It's ok though... I'm selected and that's all that matters...

Well good luck to you. I do have a question for you kinda off topic. Did you pick to be Ordinance (I am just assuming you are because of IYAOYAS) because everyone I knew who was ordinance actually wanted to be crash fire rescue.

Nope.. No frocking in my future. It's ok though... I'm selected and that's all that matters...

Well good luck to you. I do have a question for you kinda off topic. Did you pick to be Ordinance (I am just assuming you are because of IYAOYAS) because everyone I knew who was ordinance actually wanted to be crash fire rescue.

It's spelled 'o-r-d-n-a-n-c-e' by the way... the other way is a city policy...

As a matter of fact, I did pick ordnance. The thought of dealing with huge things that go boom intrigued me when I signed up... I've loved doing my job and wouldn't have it any other way.

Congratulations on your selection and thank you for keeping America safe for us!
thumbs-up.gif