• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

modo22 said:

the pass is restricted to below, 50 RG, and both your puts are 50.

Regards

Ken

I would not have even noticed if you didn't make this point Ken, but the first take, Tat Regios, is a 50RG.  I didn't even think this when Caesar had gone.  I was thinking 50 and below.  But I missed that.  Either way, easily confused.  We should dispose of that dirty 50RG Regios, go ahead and send my way and I'll destroy it :)

Damn. My apologies to the group and Kendall.

It looks like we have been doing 50 RG. As you say, easily confused.

I actually looked thru the list before I posted and missed it. I guess I always think of Noella and Regios at the same time and my brain just went right on.

Since Kendall was taking a 50 RG, quite understandable that he was thinking 50.

If everybody else is good with it, how do you guys feel about letting his puts/takes stand?

I think this is one of the things that would be good to get input from the other passers on.

This is supposed to be fun, kendall has a lot going on, I think if nobody has a problem with it let's move forward and let his puts/takes stand.

I am unaware how this group would like to have this handled. 

What do you guys think?

ETA  I will say that I take responsibility for not being more clear on the rules and letting the Regio into the pass. None of this can be construed as Kendall's fault in any way.

I was thinking 50 and below...but I don't pay atten...oh look....

den_sat.jpg

grateful1 said:
I was thinking 50 and below...but I don't pay atten...oh look....

den_sat.jpg
That's just wrong to do that Gary....you post links, not pics!

Ok, I see no problem with the 50 RG unless someone else has a problem that they want to bring up. It appears that a number of people were interpreting it that way.

I’m coming up with about a .55 cent underput on the JD Howard Reserve, not sure how everyone here wants to look at that.

Come up with 10.80 on the tainios, I’ve got more problems trying to come up with value for a Tat TAA 2012.  no street price on the Tat TAA 2012 as of yet. On the surface that looks like it might be an over put. I don't really know the rarity of the stick, but I know I've never been able to pick one up.

That may well be an overput that is not acceptable to this group.

Let's put the underput and possible overput up for discussion. The final, final, really, no I'm not kidding final rule revision said puts/takes are up for discussion on a decision that is acceptable to the group.

ETA and this would be easier if gary wasn't posting such distracting links :rolleyes:

personal User said:
Ok, I see no problem with the 50 RG unless someone else has a problem that they want to bring up. It appears that a number of people were interpreting it that way.

I’m coming up with about a .55 cent underput on the JD Howard Reserve, not sure how everyone here wants to look at that.

Come up with 10.80 on the tainios, I’ve got more problems trying to come up with value for a Tat TAA 2012.  no street price on the Tat TAA 2012 as of yet. On the surface that looks like it might be an over put. I don't really know the rarity of the stick, but I know I've never been able to pick one up.

Let's put the underput and possible overput up for discussion. The final, final, really, no I'm not kidding final rule revision said puts/takes are up for discussion on a decision that is acceptable to the group.

ETA and this would be easier if gary wasn't posting such distracting links :rolleyes:
Ok, first of all, the TAA/Tainos is a good trade. It is an upgrade, but not that much. You don't give value to a 2 year old cigar. When it came out, it was a $10 cigar. Give it a buck and a half for out of production and you have a .70 over put. Which is acceptable in this range.

I would not allow the other trade.

personal User said:

The Tatuaje TAA 2012 had an MSRP of $11.00. You could have gotten a slight discount on that price at the time, but for the most part they were between $10.00 and $11.00....so let's split the difference. At 2,500 boxes produced, I'm not one to put any rarity on that cigar because they're not that unique from year to year. They're the same blend and the only thing that really changes is the shape. 

Take: Tatuaje Tainos Presidente...$10.80 (Ken's $)
Put: Tatuaje TAA 2012...$10.50...I'd say this is OK

As for the second trade...

Take: Tatuaje Regios...$8.40

Put: JD Howard Reserve HD 50...$8.37...I'd say this is OK

That's my take on it, what say the group?  :p

If we go by those numbers. It looks good. And I had interpreted the pass as 50 and below.

Jonesy said:

Ok, first of all, the TAA/Tainos is a good trade. It is an upgrade, but not that much. You don't give value to a 2 year old cigar. When it came out, it was a $10 cigar. Give it a buck and a half for out of production and you have a .70 over put. Which is acceptable in this range.

Did I price the wrong cigar there Brian? JD Reserve...$201.00 almost everywhere...24 to a box...$8.37 (I hit the wrong number in my original post)
                                                               Tatuaje Regios...$210.00 average box price...25 to a box...$8.40

ironpeddler said:

Im coming up with about a .55 cent underput on the JD Howard Reserve, not sure how everyone here wants to look at that.

Come up with 10.80 on the tainios, Ive got more problems trying to come up with value for a Tat TAA 2012.  no street price on the Tat TAA 2012 as of yet. On the surface that looks like it might be an over put. I don't really know the rarity of the stick, but I know I've never been able to pick one up.

Did I price the wrong cigar there Brian? JD Reserve...$201.00 almost everywhere...24 to a box...$8.37 (I hit the wrong number in my original post)
                                                               Tatuaje Regios...$210.00 average box price...25 to a box...$8.40

Gary I came up with the same as you.
CMontoya79 said:
If we go by those numbers. It looks good. And I had interpreted the pass as 50 and below.
Agreed and I interpreted it the same.

I was using Famous and Cigars international who both have the Regios at 224.9x  along with NHCigars at 209.xmwhich is how I came up with more of a difference.

If everyone else is comfortable with the trades as they stand, I am.

One last, I pray and hope the last, I shit you not, rules clarifiction.

50 RG is acceptable in this pass, and it appears that a number of people were interpreting it that way.

I'm assuming that Brian didn't like the regio/JDHoward price difference which appears to be sorted out.

Let the west coast folks have time to get in and review this.

If there are no further concerns, ship it out when you can.

Best advice I can give you is to look at my newbie pass rules. Go down to the part on how we will get pricing for the cigars. That takes away people from coming up with pricing from 15 different vendors, giving each person a different set of prices.

personal User said:
I only smoke cigars when ________________________. Because______________.
I'm still hoping to see if someone comes up with something really good on this :laugh:

Hints on the contest:

Some of the contest cigars are in the pass.

One of the cigars not in the pass is close to being nailed down.