• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

ironpeddler said:

Sorry guys, life and work got in the way this weekend and I didn't have a chance to look at anything.

Here is my first round.  Let me know what you think.

P: Nestor Miranda 70th Anniversary (Dominican Republic) Lancero....$14.08 (both the DR & Nicaraguan in same box, any price difference?) 
T: Tatuaje 10th Cazadorezs...$9.00

P: Tatuaje Black Lancero (Hurricane Sandy Edition)....$10.00 (from Ruben) 
T: Headley Grange Drumstick....$9.40

P: God of Fire Angelenos Lancero....$10.72
T: Tesa Picadura King Habano (5 1/2x48?)...$5.38

P: Opus X #4...From $8.75 to $17.95 (Go Fish!)
T: LFD Coronado Lancero....$7.71

I also noticed that the Herrera Esteli has some damage.  There is a crack in the wrapper that is about 1/3 the length of the cigar, then another small crack int he wrapper at about the 2/3 mark.  Probably not in a smokeable condition.  What should we do with it?

On this first one, I know there was a big difference, but I was also thinking that the "fancy" humidor they came in would add some price.  I figured the cigars were around $10 each.  Not sure if that logic is correct or not...

The Angelenos (should be Lonsdale not Lancero) the highest I found it was about $8.05, but found them at a few places in the $5-6 range (in stock and ready to ship).

The Opus, I was using Moki's site, said MSRP was $9.75, I added a few cents due to Moki's site being a bit older (I figured about $10).  From what I could find for the LFD Coronado, it looked like it was $9.80.  This is the Serious Cigar Exclusive one right?

I will go back to the drawing board tonight and see what else I might be able to do.

2K6TBSS said:

Sorry guys, life and work got in the way this weekend and I didn't have a chance to look at anything.

P: Nestor Miranda 70th Anniversary (Dominican Republic) Lancero....$14.08 (both the DR & Nicaraguan in same box, any price difference?) 

I also noticed that the Herrera Esteli has some damage.  There is a crack in the wrapper that is about 1/3 the length of the cigar, then another small crack int he wrapper at about the 2/3 mark.  Probably not in a smokeable condition.  What should we do with it?

On this first one, I know there was a big difference, but I was also thinking that the "fancy" humidor they came in would add some price.  I figured the cigars were around $10 each.  Not sure if that logic is correct or not...

The Angelenos (should be Lonsdale not Lancero) the highest I found it was about $8.05, but found them at a few places in the $5-6 range (in stock and ready to ship).

The Opus, I was using Moki's site, said MSRP was $9.75, I added a few cents due to Moki's site being a bit older (I figured about $10).  From what I could find for the LFD Coronado, it looked like it was $9.80.  This is the Serious Cigar Exclusive one right?

I will go back to the drawing board tonight and see what else I might be able to do.

1) CI - Angelenos by God of Fire Gran Toro (Lancero/Panatela) (6.5"x54)

BOX OF 25

$298.75

$267.95

2) Angelenos Gran Toro

angelenos-stick-th.jpg

Angelenos Gran Toro by God of Fire
Size: 6.5x54 
Pack: 25 
Smoke Inn price: $273.75

These are two of the 3 that I went by. 

2K6TBSS said:

Actually, I thought about this also, but several places were selling (supposedly) singles for $14 without the humidor so still not sure as to what is the best way to treat this one.

2K6TBSS said:
I think I did see the lonsdale cheaper at several places, let me look back at that.

From what I could find for the LFD Coronado, it looked like it was $9.80.  This is the Serious Cigar Exclusive one right?

This was standard LFD Coronado Lancero.

ironpeddler said:

1) CI - Angelenos by God of Fire Gran Toro (Lancero/Panatela) (6.5"x54) BOX OF 25   $298.75 $267.95

2) Angelenos Gran Toro

angelenos-stick-th.jpg

Angelenos Gran Toro by God of Fire
Size: 6.5x54 
Pack: 25 
Smoke Inn price: $273.75

These are two of the 3 that I went by. 

Those are the Gran Toro.

Here is what I have...

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Angelenos_Cigars_5501_details - This is the most expensive one ($8.04)
http://www.coronacigar.com/product/Cigars/Singles/Angelenos-Lonsdale-Single-Cigar-ANG01LD/ - You might have to select "box price" from the drop down menu ($4.96)
http://www.arnoldstobacco.com/search/cigar.asp?id=659 ($6.28)

Average makes them $6.43/stick

personal User said:

Actually, I thought about this also, but several places were selling (supposedly) singles for $14 without the humidor so still not sure as to what is the best way to treat this one.

2K6TBSS said:
I think I did see the lonsdale cheaper at several places, let me look back at that.

From what I could find for the LFD Coronado, it looked like it was $9.80.  This is the Serious Cigar Exclusive one right?

This was standard LFD Coronado Lancero.

I guess I should have asked if it was the Serious Exclusive first.  That was about all I could find for the LFD Coronado Lancero.

Hopefully Gary, or one of the other senior members will chime in about the Nestor Miranda.

Man, I should be asking some of you guys where I should go to get the best prices. I'm learning some things here.

Since the tesa cigars are their own line, and have no middleman in the chain that requires a markup, the links  you show have the Angelenos Lonsdale in a better light for this particular put/take combo.

Actually, I have the LFD Lancero a bit higher than Gary did at 8.13 from three places. I have seen it for less. It is harder to find now that it is a dead Marca and the current stocks are being sold off. . Which also makes pricing elusive ( and possibly less relevant)

Since I am unable to purchase any of the Opus x locally, I didn't realize there was such a pricing difference between B&M and internet.

This is supposed to be a collective decision with input from those in the pass and the overall community that have an interest.

As far as I am concerned, unless someone wishes further discussion otherwise, It looks like you have answered any questions I have had on everything except the Nestor Miranda.

Hopefully, someone more senior with more experience than I will have some input on that.

ETA - In all honesty, the Shelby Cobra Humidor being a major effect on the box price has been in my mind since I first read about it. Seems like there should be some allowance there, but I have no clue as to whether, or not, or how much.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Here is round 2....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]P: Opus #4 - ~$10 ($9.75 on Moki's site)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]T: Headley Grange Drumstick - $9.40[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]P: Illusione 68 - $6.05[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]T: Tesa Picadura King Habana - $5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]P: Tatuaje Black Lancero (Sandy Edition) - $10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]T: Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Cazadores - $9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]P: God of Fire Angelenos Lonsdale - $6.42[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]T: Corodado by LFD Hammer (best I could find was pricing around $6.45) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]P: Nestor Miranda 70th Anniversary (DR) - ~$14[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]T: Padron 64 Monarca Maduro - $11.40[/SIZE]

Not sure how to handle the Nestor Miranda, so I thought I would try the last P/T.  Once I know more about how the Shelby humidor affects pricing, I will know if it should be pulled or not.

That's a good looking line up.

The Tesa and the LFD Hammer, are IMO excellent for the money. I believe your pricing on the hammer is right or very close. They were never high dollar, but to me both of those sticks smoke to me like they should sell for more.

We'll see if anyone wants to chime in on how the humidor should be valued.

there is a current ebay listing for

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nestor-Miranda-70th-Anniversary-Cigar-Box-Shelby-Cobra-Very-Limited-Edition-/121187078485?_trksid=p2054897.l5658

Buy it now for 79.99 missing trunk lid and cigars.

and another one missing the cigars for buy it now 149.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nestor-Miranda-70th-Anniversary-Cigar-Box-Shelby-Car-Very-Limited-Edition-/261189993557?_trksid=p2054897.l5659

The car is not actually a humidor but is die cast metal, and probably more expensive to produce than a humidor. I don't really know, but I'm thinking that it was a one-off run because of the cigar placing, lift off chassis, and design.

I'm guessing the whole shmear was not profitable, cost more to do than they got back in. Probably done as a salute to Nestor who was likely tickled to death. He had fun, a salute that will be lasting and the corporation wrote it off, is what I am guessing. Written off as a PR move, maybe.

There is no good way to place a dollar value on it, but IMO this additional information makes the 70th anniversary cigar a reasonable put/take combo.

FWIW, I also searched online humidor several different ways and came up with nothing.

It appears that no one has a problem with this line up, or anything they want to discuss.

If no issues arise later this evening after the west coast folks have had time to chime in, this looks good to me.

Please post tracking when you get it off to Brickhouse.

Thanks for playing.

I will get everything squared away this evening, and get it out tomorrow.

Pass has arrived gents. I'll open tonight for inspection, but can't get at some Ps and Ts until tomorrow.

Inspection is good. Humidity sitting at 65% and everything appears to be in order.

Great! Thanks for the report.

If that Boveda pack is getting any stiffness, probaby time to open the second boveda pack on the bottom if it has not already been opened.

It left here with the second boveda under some bubble wrap on the bottom and sat at the very bottom of the container.

Glad to know everything is doing well.

Boveda is fine. No need to open the second yet. Sorry my Ps and Ts aren't posted yet. I've got flooring guys in my basement laying carpet and I can't get to my humidor until this afternoon.