• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Several basic questions from a complete beginner..

Youthful exuberance..................Oh, the good old days. :laugh:

Well it does not work that way.

I am a new member. Difference between my arrival and your is simple I read a lot before starting to post because here the golden rule is read more post less (wich make sense in a way).

I perused the forum for a while before I created an account and asked a question. If the question seemed repetitive, then perhaps you should create a pinned topic at the top, if it's THAT big of an issue for you.

PLus you posted a hi thread today when it should have been the first thing you did (plus filling you profile). It's not about being picky or anything related to being jerks it's about knowing the people and interacting with someone rather than a unknown poster.

Are you freaking kidding me?

You're bitching because you don't think I filled out my profile enough for you to "know me"? Question - how old are you? And are you a man?

I dont think it about having their ego stoked or anything else it's about respecting the way it works around here and that's all.

Sounds like it's about ego needing to be stroked.

People around are great but do take the time to follow the rules/culture of the community as much as they can. Most of the time (well all the time) it's fairly simple really it's just about doing the right things in order ! :)

Seriously? Is THIS what you people are filling your lives with, to bitch about???

I think/know you would have been welcomed way differently on other cigar forums (as in not friendly at all to say the least).

Well if a forum is not friendly, is that a good thing?

Plus this is more of a community than a simple forum as half of the fun is behind the curtain and not up front.

Would it make you feel better if we plan a trip to meet and get together, and you and I could hold hands and sing "Cumbaya"?

We could do it naked, if that would help you to feel like we "know" each other enough.

LoL at your responses, it's not about me it's about the people who are member here.

I am old enough to know that you don't come bargin in someone's house (and I am not implying it's mine BTW) with an attitude. You think the propoer way to respond to someone who's trying to explain how things go around here is to make fun of them and ridicule them with some childinsh/gay remarks have fun man!

Pleased to meet you and I hope we get together one day for a trip because you make it sound like fun ....

And the hole becomes a grave!!! ???

Oh no, does this mean I won't be able to sing along and play any reindeer games? Damn, I was just getting ready to offer to wash each of your cars, and/or join in the group shower.

LoL at your responses, it's not about me it's about the people who are member here.

I am old enough to know that you don't come bargin in someone's house (and I am not implying it's mine BTW) with an attitude.

I came to a forum and asked a few questions.

Again, if that is something that offends you people, perhaps you should make it a "member's only" forum.

You think the propoer way to respond to someone who's trying to explain how things go around here is to make fun of them and ridicule them with some childinsh/gay remarks have fun man!

Pleased to meet you and I hope we get together one day for a trip because you make it sound like fun ....

Take a look in the mirror.

At this point Starflyte...........you are stepping on toes. I firmly suggest you step away for a few days. Read some of our historical posts and then come back understanding that you came to us. Please don't feel you have any right to treat anyone here poorly. You don't.

Stop the arguements and watch and read. Maybe you'll figure out who we are.

At this point Starflyte...........you are stepping on toes. I firmly suggest you step away for a few days. Read some of our historical posts and then come back understanding that you came to us. Please don't feel you have any right to treat anyone here poorly. You don't.

Stop the arguements and watch and read. Maybe you'll figure out who we are.

Again, if you don't want beginners, then here's a suggestion - make it an exclusive forum.

If this is a question that has been asked a lot already, perhaps create a pinned topic.

But respect is a two-way street there bro; so don't play the victim when you expect people to lick your boots and they don't. I showed humility, referred to myself as a "cigar dummy", and said thank you. What else were you expecting?

====================================================
I think its time we stop feeding the troll, gents!

uh, yeah -

Looks like he's already run for the hills. I think it was all a bit too much for him.

Really? That's all you have after all the information you got from us? Come on, man...

OK, listen here Starflyte. There are men and women here half your age with twice the class and intelligence you have, not to mention the well seasoned BOTL/SOTL that are twice the human being you could ever attempt to be. Many of us including myself, and especially Rod, took time out of our day to repeatedly answer your questions, and only because you were too lazy research before opening up your mouth, and then to dense to understand the answers. You went to Google and searched cigars or cigar forums, found this forum and became a member. Why weren't you unable to preform the same process as you did on Google, and research your questions on this search engine? I'm sure I'm not the only one with better things to do with my time the argue with some immature pecker head who believes he deserves respect and acceptance from the masses.

We don't need your kind here polluting our community, not to mention the human gene pool. Why don't you just "poplock" yourself over to that wooden thing with hinges and a knob?

OK, listen here Starflyte. There are men and women here half your age with twice the class and intelligence you have, not to mention the well seasoned BOTL/SOTL that are twice the human being you could ever attempt to be.

Great way to start off lecturing someone. Yeah, I see the class and intelligence you're referring to.

Many of us including myself, and especially Rod, took time out of our day to repeatedly answer your questions, and only because you were too lazy research before opening up your mouth, and then to dense to understand the answers.

Great, insult a beginner when they don't understand. That's very classy and intelligent as well.

You went to Google and searched cigars or cigar forums, found this forum and became a member. Why weren't you unable to preform the same process as you did on Google, and research your questions on this search engine?

Well crazy me, I thought asking experienced people on a forum would be a good idea.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with better things to do with my time the argue with some immature pecker head who believes he deserves respect and acceptance from the masses.

Wow, you think it's wrong to want respect eh? That's what the "classy" people think?

We don't need your kind here polluting our community, not to mention the human gene pool. Why don't you just "poplock" yourself over to that wooden thing with hinges and a knob?

Seriously, are you a teenager?

You come here and want this forum to change the search feature and pin topics for you, really?
Would it really be that hard for you to search? Everyone was new to this forum at some point and we are now part of this community.
Every question you asked has several threads already here, but you are too lazy to look. Now when someone new has similar questions they will search and unfortunately have to read this.
There is over a decade of knowledge packed into these threads and if you can't appreciate it, that's on you.

As far as helping people, if you read you will see that we all help each other. This goes for all S/BOTL EVERYWHERE, not just here at CP.

Again, you have some growing and maturing to do. When you learn this, I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms, just as you were originally.

Well I tought he made all the nice points here

Grateful1 for president !

Seriously Star no hard feeling, but I think you would just have added a simple excuse for not following what was clearly written about everywhere on the forum we would not be having this delightful thread...
There just something funny about the entitled feeling you leave when you post stuff like this....

OK, listen here Starflyte. There are men and women here half your age with twice the class and intelligence you have, not to mention the well seasoned BOTL/SOTL that are twice the human being you could ever attempt to be.

Great way to start off lecturing someone. Yeah, I see the class and intelligence you're referring to.

Many of us including myself, and especially Rod, took time out of our day to repeatedly answer your questions, and only because you were too lazy research before opening up your mouth, and then to dense to understand the answers.

Great, insult a beginner when they don't understand. That's very classy and intelligent as well.

You went to Google and searched cigars or cigar forums, found this forum and became a member. Why weren't you unable to preform the same process as you did on Google, and research your questions on this search engine?

Well crazy me, I thought asking experienced people on a forum would be a good idea.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with better things to do with my time the argue with some immature pecker head who believes he deserves respect and acceptance from the masses.

Wow, you think it's wrong to want respect eh? That's what the "classy" people think?

Seriously, are you a teenager?

No one is entitle to respect. Respect is earned and as far as I'm concerned, you haven't earned that yet.

You come here and want this forum to change the search feature and pin topics for you, really?
Would it really be that hard for you to search?

No, you don't have to change any search feature, or any pinned topics. I didn't ask that, only suggested it, since apparently asking a question seems to be such a terrible thing here.

And again, I perused this forum for a while before having the audacity to ask a question. Upon perusing, I saw all kinds of threads about "coolidors" and so forth, but no mention of typical wooden humidors, and why these don't have a high regard here.

Every question you asked has several threads already here, but you are too lazy to look.

Great, chastise newcomers because they didn't find an answer they were looking for, and dared to ask a question.

Now when someone new has similar questions they will search and unfortunately have to read this.

You mean read a bunch of drama? Whose fault is that, exactly. Back on page 2, I showed humility, and said thank you more than once, yet some of your group seemed to want this (drama). If you don't like the way it looks, perhaps you might just consider looking in your collective mirror, instead of trying to chastise a newcomer for asking a question.

OR you could avoid looking in the mirror, and sweep it under the rug. ;)

There is over a decade of knowledge packed into these threads and if you can't appreciate it, that's on you.

Don't try to paint me as "unappreciative". That's you lying to yourselves. I said thank you numerous times. What else do you want?

As far as helping people, if you read you will see that we all help each other. This goes for all S/BOTL EVERYWHERE, not just here at CP.
Again, you have some growing and maturing to do. When you learn this, I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms, just as you were originally.

Yes, going on and on like ghetto women at a beauty parlor is very grown and mature. Definitely something to aspire to.

No one is entitle to respect. Respect is earned and as far as I'm concerned, you haven't earned that yet.

Well fat guy, if you believe no one is entitled to respect, then why are you crying about it?

Or are you confusing respect with wanting to treat people like shit and having them play along with it.

This kid has been banned.

The vast majority of young people these days are too wound up with Facebook, Twitter, Texting, etc. Too many kids coming out of college lack social skills, can't communicate, and are very poor at interviewing for a job. As someone who works in management and performs interviews, I'm seeing a real decline in today's generation. I'm only 32, and today's generation significantly lacks social skills or the motivation to "earn" rather than be "given" what they want.

Not to mention many feel that they are entitled to whatever they want, and many choose not to work for anything. Rather, if it's not easy, they move onto something that is. We're in for a world of hurt when these people are the future of America. Let me be clear; not all lack social skills. I have met several young adults who shine from their peers; they will be the ones who are successful. Way too many bad apples in this bunch.

This fellows attitude and responses are unfortunately in-line with most of today's "youth". Sad...

This is a case that shows why I'm in a way I loath being born in the 90's, on top of how shitty the most of the music was in the 90's, people who act like this give our entire generation a bad name.

I know I'm young, and I have SO much to learn, but you need the basics before you can excel in the complexities of life.

I'm deeply saddened by the downward spiral I see in my fellow peers, the lack of grammatical skills, the overwhelming neglect for manners and respect.

I can't tell you how hard it is to excel as a young man, let alone while people my very same age are showing my future employers, colleagues, and friends why they shouldn't interact with our generation.