• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Several basic questions from a complete beginner..

I can't beleive this thread is still alive.

Beware of the bead licking gooch.

This is a case that shows why I'm in a way I loath being born in the 90's, on top of how shitty the most of the music was in the 90's, people who act like this give our entire generation a bad name.

I know I'm young, and I have SO much to learn, but you need the basics before you can excel in the complexities of life.

I'm deeply saddened by the downward spiral I see in my fellow peers, the lack of grammatical skills, the overwhelming neglect for manners and respect.

I can't tell you how hard it is to excel as a young man, let alone while people my very same age are showing my future employers, colleagues, and friends why they shouldn't interact with our generation.

91? Now I feel old...

Look on the bright side, less competition. You'll go far in life, guaranteed.

I blame poor reading skills as much as I do any overweening sense of entitlement. Questions were asked; comprehensive answers were given . . . if the answers weren't understood, Google would have sufficed. Hell, I do that when I don't know a word! If the answers weren't what was wanted or expected, well, that's where expecting the universe to conform to one's expectations apparently comes in.

But flailing about when a question's been answered and then getting pissy when no one wants to put up with you, and spending multiple posts trying to "win teh internetz?" That's just sad.

~Boar

I just happened to read his intro, it says he's 42???????? I guess my comments about todays youth weren't warranted, oh well.

Well he did behave like a 12 yro who's never been said no by his parent tough....Wonder why he's still single :rolleyes:

Fellas, on one hand I think we should be able to tell when threads like these go bad. I don't think it's good to feed trolls like these with further debate and argument when it's obvious that the person has no intentions of adding anything intelligent or useful to the thread (or to the forum for that matter).

But on the other hand, I wonder how else we would identify and oust these parasites without a little push over the proverbial cliff...

Its a difficult spot I guess..

42? No freaking way. He was a kid when corporal punishment was still allowed and he still turned out like that?

Well as I said: gotta love the entitled people of this world. Everything is due to them without having to respect anything..

What I found special was that I tried to help/explain to him from a newb to an other how people here value the way things work and all he ever understood/perceived is that I was yanking his chain....Oh well an other opportunity to work on my patience ! lol

Hey Starflythe if your read this hope you learned a thing or two on how to behave in the real world ...

My favorite part is the non-judgmental and open minded bit he added there at the end.

Yea im new at cigars too. just picked up a box today (ordered it) and decided to try to make a temporary Humidor. This is what i came up with. What should i change or what could i do better (other than obvious like getting beads or another humidity source, a hygrometer) im hoping this will allow enough moisture in while not making it too moist.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1655]

Chris, I'll head this off at the pass and advise you to read this thread before you post any further, trust me. The educational value is nearly equaled by the entertainment value.

Haha, yea i see what you mean,
i guess my only question would be, would this work for a temporary situation untill i can order the other things (beads, hygrometer,etc.). and possibly how long would this temp set up work for? i only have the 20 for now and not sure when i'll be getting more (just spent a few paychecks on car work)
Thanks

If it is air tight, and you have a stable humidity source it will work fine. I have several tupperdors.

Now............search, and read.

Great stuff here. Take the time to experience it. You'll gain much.

I see you used a sponge for humidity. This could easily give off more humidity than is required and could lead to problems like mold.

Try to find a local cigar shop and ask about boveda humidipacks. They give off a consistent rh. Ive used one in a little tupperware container for months now...