• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shapes & Sizes

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
I've been wondering about all the different shapes of cigars for a while now. I use to think it only had to do with the amount of time you had to smoke a stick. Now I'm looking at it as how the tobacco is burned and the advantages of different sizes (like perfecto's etc). So, help me out, what are the different shapes and sizes you like and why?

My favorite is usually the Robusto (due to time) and large ring guage (for flavor) but remember really enjoying an Excalibur #1 while playing poker with the guys a few years back.

I prefer either a robusto or torpedo and do prefer bigger ring gauges, but the last few I have smoked have been corona sized and very good.

I prefer robusto and torpedo as well! Although, every so often I will partake in excellent Churchill! That's just my $.02!

Depends on the cigar for me.Some I like to taste more of the flavors from the wrapper so I go smaller ring gauge.
I do not have a favorite preferance,maybe torpedo or belicoso's if I had to choose with churchill being close second.

I smoke every size Cuban cigar and find each one has it's time and place. I smoke more thinner ring gauged cigars (43 and under) than I do thicker ones. I find the wrapper to filler ratio on thinner cigars makes for a more intense flavor and they have more nose. I do love my corona gordas, churchills and torpedos and they are definitely a big part in my rotation. I probably smoke at least one 46 ring and larger a day out of my 5-7 cigars I smoke daily. On some days I will smoke nothing but corona gordas and larger cigars, it all depends on my mood.

In my opinion every good collection will have a variety of every sizes in it. By limiting yourself to a few sizes means you are missing out on some great cigars.

Vitolas? Help me out, not sure what that means, I thought it just meant "size" in general and didn't have a distinct shape/size

I usually smoke cigars in the 39-44 ring. I like to puff slowly and find that with these sizes you can puff about every 45-60 seconds and keep the things going nicely. If I'm smoking on vacation or I have a lot of time to kill I enjoy a chuchill or a double corona. I also like a robusto from time to time. The only time I smoke anything over a 50 ring is on very special occassions when I smoke a Diamond Crown #2 or #3 (54 ring), but these tend to hurt my jaw.

PC to Robusto...
42 to 50 ring gauge and 4.5 to 6 inches in length, :thumbs:

It just all depends what kind of mood I am in and what the cigar is. I really like figurados and a nice robusto size. Anything over 52 ring gauge is a little much for me.

I find the Marevas vitola to be my favorite lately. "Vitola" is simply a term used to designate a particular general size model. So for example Marevas, which are colloquially referred to as "petit coronas" always measure 5-1/8 x 42 rg. I find this size to be the equivalent of baseball's utility infielder. Depending on your smoking method, you can do one in a brisk 30 minutes or stretch it out to a leisurely 70 minutes. It's easy to hold, easy to mouth and can provide some concentrated flavors in well-proportioned and aesthetic form factor.

My other favorite is the Dalias vitola. Measuring 6-3/4 x 43 rg, it is a truly elegant cigar and includes some of the finest blends out there.

My favorite fat cigars tend to be pyramids or belicosos, which can range up to 52 rg. I'm just not comfortable with a 60 rg club hanging out of my mouth.

Bahianut, in the parlance of Cuban cigars, "vitola" has two senses. First, in the term vitola de galera it refers a standardized factory size/shape. For example, Marevas. In the second sense, vitola de salida it refers to the specific product name. For example, Partagás Petit Coronas. The equivalent term in non-Cuban usage would be "front mark." For example, Imperiales, form the Padron Anniversary line.

Wilkey

Robustos, Toros and Torps here as well. I do like PCs and Minis in the winter months when I do not want to freeze my ass off. Double Coronas and Churchills are nice during the summer when my booty is planted in an outside chair and I do not want to move.

I really don't have a favorite size yet. I stock and smoke whatever I feel like at the moment. For some reason I love perfectos. My favorite perfecto would be the Ashton VSG Enchantment.

So, help me out, what are the different shapes and sizes you like and why?

Blondes about 5'5' 125-140lbs. dependes on the butt. :D

Oh, are we talking cigars :whistling: Close your eyes reach in the humi and grab one :thumbs: That is what I like to smoke, of coarse the blonde would be my first choice. ;)

Double coronas and churchills, no more than a 50 ring rauge seems to be the best. I like torpedos too, but only sometimes, too big of a ring gauge makes my mouth tired.

So what would be the difference between say a Toro shape 6x50 and a belicoso 6x50? I know the belicoso narrows, but what is reason or benefit?