• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shaving thread

I shaved my head about a month ago and now I've done it maybe 3 times since. I'm pretty much hooked on shaving my head, it's fun. Don't know why but it is.

I started shaving my head once I realized that it was easier than trying to keep a straight/uniform hair line along the back of my head and neck. So in essence...I shave more, because I'm too lazy to shave less... :laugh:

Bump because this thread is classic...

Just pulled the trigger on a Schwarzweisskeramik XL scuttle. I can't wait to see if these scuttles make and hold hot lather as well as people say.

Now that all the perpetually ingrown hairs have disappeared from my neck, I've got to think maybe Cigar Pass isn't as bad of an influence as my wallet thinks it is.:D

Just pulled the trigger on a Schwarzweisskeramik XL scuttle. I can't wait to see if these scuttles make and hold hot lather as well as people say.

Now that all the perpetually ingrown hairs have disappeared from my neck, I've got to think maybe Cigar Pass isn't as bad of an influence as my wallet thinks it is.:D

Those look real nice, but I'd have a hard time justifying spending $90+ CAD before shipping and any duties/taxes on a mug right now.

Let us know how it works once you get it.

They do. You'll see.

Those look real nice, but I'd have a hard time justifying spending $90+ CAD before shipping and any duties/taxes on a mug right now.

Try here. This is the original, designed by Dr. Moss of SMF.com and created by Sara. She's located in Nova Scotia too.

I'll wait. Perhaps my son or daughter will have an art project in school :p

I have one of Sara's lather bowls. She makes very nice, but expensive stuff. Funny thing is, her bowl is decoration. I use a soup bowl I got at Bed Bath and Beyond.:laugh:

Doc.

I have one of Sara's lather bowls. She makes very nice, but expensive stuff. Funny thing is, her bowl is decoration. I use a soup bowl I got at Bed Bath and Beyond.:laugh:

Doc.

My lather mug is made for latte. It was cheap and it works. A scuttle may be nice to use though.

They do. You'll see.

Try here. This is the original, designed by Dr. Moss of SMF.com and created by Sara. She's located in Nova Scotia too.

I've tried regular ceramic bowls, but they're still not holding as much heat as I'd like. By my third pass the lather is lukewarm. Can't wait to give the scuttle a try. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

The Dirtybird was actually the scuttle I had my eye on, but the Mrs vetoed that because she thought the Schwarzweisskeramik would look better in the bathroom. The reviews on B&B are comparable, so I figured it would be alright.

Doc.

I have a ceramic KC Royals coffee mug my grandma gave me for Christmas that I use.

Doc.

I have a ceramic KC Royals coffee mug my grandma gave me for Christmas that I use.

Does it work great for the first 1/3 of your shave and then give up and roll over for the rest?

My Twins latte mug kicks ass until that very last pass when it gives up the ghost and falls flat on its ass.

Alright, the Schwarzweisskeramik arrived on Friday, so this morning I filled it up with very warm water, whipped up a good bit of T&H Grafton and went to town. On my final the lather and brush were still very warm, so mission accomplished. I'm also finding that the shave was just a touch smoother than normal. Better hair/skin conditioning with the warmer lather I think.

I'm sold; it was a solid investment. I settled on the Schwarzweisskeramik because of aesthetics, but I think any scuttle, be it Moss, Dirty Bird, Georgetown or Schwarzweisskeramik will be a great addition to anyone's shave kit.

I used a '63 safety razor today. I got it from a fellow a while back (then proceeded to misplace it - DOH!).

Wow...what a shave.

Funny, as I finished up, the feel of my skin reminded me of when my father would shave. I'd touch his face as a little kid - in amazement.

Very cool!

----------------------
I owe ya Doc!

Anyone know where I can get the 7 o'clock blades...other than Ebad? Looking for the 'black' version.

If you have a Floyd's, they do the shaved with the straight razor. Followed up with a shampoo and the towel on the face. I love those haircuts. Beats Super Cuts any day. And it is only $20.00 too!

I just recently received a royal shave from the barber spa at the art of shaving store. It was a relaxing experience and left feeling brand new. A lil pricey ($55) but well worth it.