• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shootr's Miscellaneous Cigar Related Art Projects

That is badass! I really enjoy this thread and watching your projects come together. Are you going to sell this piece when finished? If so, what kind of price point are you thinking?
I'll list it for $5K. I'm in no hurry to sell it so I'm more than happy to enjoy in my yard for as long as it takes.

Thanks for the kind words.

Are you going to do anything to keep it shiny, or let it build up a rust patina?

It's a great piece of art IMHO, I really like it.

Out of sheer curiosity, how much do you have invested in materials to make something like this?

(I'm in no way knocking your asking price -- artists should be paid for their art! I have a friend who forges blades from raw and repurposed metals, but he undervalues himself... and won't listen to me)

Ha, that's funny. The welding forum I frequent tells me the exact same thing - I waaaay undervalue my efforts.

I'm probably at $400 invested - used tanks, new steel, consumables, etc. This is by far the largest most expensive effort I've ever tried. My next largest piece took almost a year to sell, but I got my price.

Out of sheer curiosity, how much do you have invested in materials to make something like this?

(I'm in no way knocking your asking price -- artists should be paid for their art! I have a friend who forges blades from raw and repurposed metals, but he undervalues himself... and won't listen to me)
Link to cheap hand made blades :)

Link to cheap hand made blades :)
Haha, I was thinking the same thing!
Google "Five Shield Forge". I wouldn't say they are cheap, but definitely a value compared to others that are comparable out there and made by hand. He does commission work, as well. Name is Gabriel, and he's one of my best friends from my Hawaii days.

Ha, that's funny. The welding forum I frequent tells me the exact same thing - I waaaay undervalue my efforts.

I'm probably at $400 invested - used tanks, new steel, consumables, etc. This is by far the largest most expensive effort I've ever tried. My next largest piece took almost a year to sell, but I got my price.

I really like your concept of selling :cool: as I also subscribe to a similar concept when I sell guitars.
I owned a particular custom order guitar for 11 years, and when I listed it for sale it took nearly 12 months to sell.
Came out $50 on the plus side & free instrument rental to boot for 11 years.
Patience has it's advantages. :)

As per assembly of your projects, are you using stick, MIG, TIG, etc. ?

Last edited:
I MIG everything. Don't have a TIG setup yet, and I still suck at stick (although I better get practicing because I'll have to finish stacking these in place and the MIG gun will not fit in most of the joining locations.)

Gotta sell some of this shit eventually - I'm getting tired of having to lower my cigar standards from lack of funds lol.

I MIG everything. Don't have a TIG setup yet, and I still suck at stick (although I better get practicing because I'll have to finish stacking these in place and the MIG gun will not fit in most of the joining locations.)

The great thing about MIG, as I'm sure you already know, is the convenience of the continuous wire feed & the inert gas shield.
Are you using flux core, or hard wire MIG?

Google "Five Shield Forge". I wouldn't say they are cheap, but definitely a value compared to others that are comparable out there and made by hand. He does commission work, as well. Name is Gabriel, and he's one of my best friends from my Hawaii days.
Looks like his shop is down

Looks like his shop is down
Boo. I'll give him a yell and see. He's actually getting married today (well, tomorrow, HI time), so I'm going to be talking to him online for the wedding, anyway.

20210904_072146-01.jpeg
Nice thing about working in the shop - a lighter is never far away.

Few weeks off for the Grandkids and some recovery r&r afterwards. Time to get back at it and finish this sucker up. This'll be the eagle on top - dogtags for feathers.