• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should this be in the 'Sports Forum'

I'm looking at the Wii for the kids and myself. They thoroughly enjoyed it for the few minutes they played one once. I'm a very casual gamer that already has a PS2 collecting dust - so I think the Wii will be adequate and quite fun. :)

I'm looking at the Wii for the kids and myself. They thoroughly enjoyed it for the few minutes they played one once. I'm a very casual gamer that already has a PS2 collecting dust - so I think the Wii will be adequate and quite fun. :)

Wanna get rid of the PS2?

Mine broke and I have a TON of stuff that I'd like to get back to playing! :thumbs:

i sold my 360 and bought a wii and it was definatly the right decision. if you have hours at a time to go deep into a game and "live" through it, the 360 is great. if you want to fire up a console and within 30 seconds be entertained with fun, simple games for 30 minutes at a time, the wii is :thumbs: . the latter is my lifestyle right now and it fits in perfect.

i sold my 360 and bought a wii and it was definatly the right decision. if you have hours at a time to go deep into a game and "live" through it, the 360 is great. if you want to fire up a console and within 30 seconds be entertained with fun, simple games for 30 minutes at a time, the wii is :thumbs: . the latter is my lifestyle right now and it fits in perfect.

Yep, sounds like us. I just ran out and bought the last Wii in Tulsa and we'll be giving it as a gift to the kids. I'm sure I'll be playing more then the 7 yr old will be.

I've played it many times at the inlaws and really like the sports games. Look forward to this, but gotta wait until Christmas to play. Unless I do like my dad used to and play with them right up until the time they are to be wrapped.

I have a Wii and a Xbox 360 (Halo Edition).

If you look at the facts, Wii will be the big system for X-Mas of 07, and also, it's the best bargain. A few things I have a problem with when it comes to the Wii is, there isn't exactly a user friendly internet system, like with Xbox Live. I'm still trying to figure it out. Also (as far as I know) Wii will not play DVDs, that just is a minus in my book. If you get a Wii, try Super Mario Galaxy. I love it so far.

Now with Xbox, they tend to stop working more frequently. I'm on my third. I gave my first to my parents when the Halo Edition came out, and that one (the Halo edition) stopped working. I took it back to the store and exchanged it. The third one is working fine so far.

Xbox live is awesome. It's either $50 yearly, or $10 a month, but it's awesome. Shows, games, demos, videos, etc. True it does cost money (but so does downloading old games off of Wii).

I think really it depends on the type of games you like, and how far you want to go with it. Nothing is better than pwning noobs on Halo 3. :cool:

*My Xbox Live Gamer Tag is JGC843 if you think you can take me. :laugh:

goin' to get a 360 today... WorstBuy has the 56" DLP tv we are going to get on sale with a 360 bundle, with about $850 in savings. Tv is $500 less than normal PLUS a free Xbox... why the hell not? :laugh:

goin' to get a 360 today... WorstBuy has the 56" DLP tv we are going to get on sale with a 360 bundle, with about $850 in savings. Tv is $500 less than normal PLUS a free Xbox... why the hell not? :laugh:

Oof...just a word of advice. Gaming consoles - none of them - work well on DLP systems. There is a slight video delay. For a lot of games which require timing, especially online, this will screw up any chance you have of being competitive. Good luck!

My gamertag is: hermione dies if any of you want to add me

Oof...just a word of advice. Gaming consoles - none of them - work well on DLP systems. There is a slight video delay. For a lot of games which require timing, especially online, this will screw up any chance you have of being competitive. Good luck!

My gamertag is: hermione dies if any of you want to add me

I seriously doubt I'll do much online. If I wanna play online I'll be using my computer - MUCH better fine tuning controls and such, and it's free. More maps to play, and more support with mods and such. Besides, I can't stand the controllers with consoles, but with a keyboard and a mouse I can do some wildly amazing shit! The console will just be for doing some gaming when friends stop by, all on the same machine since no one wants to lug their computer around. If there was a Wii around I might think about that instead, but the 360 comes with the TV. I have YET to see a Wii in the stores up here - a firend is looking for one for his kid and hasn't found one yet. Guess we're too old and cranky to stay up for days standing in a stupid line to get one! :sign:

My girl last week told me she wants a Wii for Christmas. This surprised the hell out of me for several reasons, 1. being she's never told me what she wanted for christmas in the 6+ years we've been together. 2nd reason being she's never showed a modicum of interest in videogames.

So naturally I'm trying to get my hands on one but they're sold out all over the place.

PS3 fanboy here.

The PS3 is an amazing machine, much more than just a console. I have mine hooked up to my home theater and stream music from my computer to it, plus I have music uploaded on it also. With a wireless keyboard you can surf the web, yes it has a browser. The PS3's learning curve is steep and takes some research. If you have a PSP you can access your PS3 online anywhere in the world, you can turn it on and off via the internet listen to your music off your computer. You can upload an entirely different operating system i.e. linux if you want instead of Sony's. The graphics are jaw dropping. What has been said about games, is true due to the fact that the PS3 is so powerful, developers don't know how to utilize it, why put out a second rate game that doesn't maximize the system? The main reason games are gettin pushed back.

Gran tourismo for example on the xbox and ps2 they can make a car in no time due to system constraints, where as on the PS3 they have found they can do so much more it takes 180 days to make one car, not because its harder, because they can do so much more. Yea a money crunched developer could easily port a game from the Xbox to make a quick buck, thats why they do it.

If you play games 8 hrs a day everyday, then you will run out of games for now on the PS3. I have never found myself complaing about the lack of games, because I play ever so often.

For general playing you can't beat the WII, a small kid and a 80 year can play side by side. Great for all around fun when we have people over. People see the me playing COD4 on the PS3 want to try and find themselves not being able to make the character walk. They can pick up a WII remote and be playing in 2 mins.

Its a toss up, Xbox now with games, or a next gen console that will blow everything out of the water in the next 6-8 months? Or a just a good all around fun playing system or everybody?

Research go to gamespot.com and browse the forums.

Back